Poll from status page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll from status page?

Does clicking on 'Additional Information' for a UPB device cause the plug-in to poll the device? If so, is that generally true or is it a plug-in dependent feature?

The reason I ask is that I recently installed a new switch, but failed to have it report its status when the paddle is used to turn it on and off (now corrected). So when I checked it in HS earlier today it's status was not correct, but when I clicked on the name and the Additional Information button, the status was correct there. Then when I returned to the Status page, the status had been updated as of when I checked the device.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Not as far as I know, it just shows a more detailed view. Wouldn't the status page being correct have more to do with the pages refresh rate? When you went back to the status page the PC did an automatic refresh. I can't say I've ever had a UPB status off, that i know of. I use many events that trigger on UPB switch status and I would think after years I would have noticed if something didn't trigger as it was supposed to.

What I have seen a couple of times, even with virtual devices is a device that got "stuck" somehow and was showing the incorrect status on the page, even though events kept triggering as they should have so the device was changing it's status internally, even though the status page didn't show it. Turning it off and on manually a couple of times seemed to clear it but I never did figure out what the cause was and it happens so infrequently I never really gave it much thought.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
      Not as far as I know, it just shows a more detailed view. Wouldn't the status page being correct have more to do with the pages refresh rate? When you went back to the status page the PC did an automatic refresh.
      I'm pretty sure it was not the result of a page refresh. The switch was turned on hours before I opened the HS pages, and I even did a deliberate refresh just to see it that would update it. Also, the last change time being displayed is the time I clicked on the 'Additional Information' button, not the time when the switch actually changed state.

Oh well, another minor mystery. If I just remember to have switches report their status, this behavior will be invisible anyway.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Oh gotcha, I got the impression that status page had already been open. It is a bit of a mystery but you could always do a couple of manual tests of it just to be sure all is well and it was just a minor glitch in the display.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Marty,
          I've been using it for a few days with the switch set to report its status - which I originally had failed to do - and have had no difficulty keeping the switch and HS in sync. I did not deliberately un-check the option to see if I could duplicate what I saw originally, though. I don't anticipate running in that mode, so I'm content to let someone else explore that cave.

Comment

i understand, i have questions sometimes but when things are working like I want them to, I may not want to hear the answer, just in case I'm doing it all wrong.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

Working...
            X