Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log error - 'Got data but was not Put or Get'

Hey all,

I'm still debugging a large Homeseer/X10 install in my new house, and occasionally I get this error in the log:

Got data, but was not GET or PUT, from 69.157.xxx.xxx (some outside IP address) Then it says Data: and has a bunch of symbols.

At first I thought all these were coming from the X10's in my attic room, which is the farthest room from my X10 controller. So I figured that it was a problem with X10 doing a clean signal that far away.

(Mainly because they were logged at like 1:30am, which is when I think my son is sneaking into the attic room to smoke - but I'll use Homeseer to bust him. Now my bedroom lights will turn on if the attic lights activate at odd hours, like 1:30am)

But - I've seen this log entry recently show up at all times of the day, not related to any X10 activity that I can explain.

Are these log entries just the result of a weak X10 command from somewhere or are they something else?

THANKS!

Steve C.

Steve,
    These are simply port probes on your HS web server. Most all of us get them and it's HS's way of saying no way. I and others have turned off the web server logging due to so many of these messages coming in. So far the HS web server has been rock solid against probe attacks and they are just a nuisance.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thankyou!

Steve C.

Comment

Working...
      X