This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help understanding

A have been using the Audrey plugin for sometime and I still can not get the sildeshow to use the correct folder.

My pictures are under the html directory in a folder caller 'pictures'.
    No matter want I put in 'Screen tab' 'File path to slideshow' it always shows every jpg under the HTML directory.

I have turned on the 'show slide list in log' but it always lists every picture under the html folder.

I have the 'Slide group' set to none but I have tried using the 'Slide group' with the same results.

I only use the homeseer server.
    location of pictures = html\pictures
    Sub folder = dad
    Sub folder = mom
    Sub folder = kids
    and more folder also. What am I doing wrong........

Thanks

I will not be back home for another week so I cannot lookup appropriate settings right now. I do know that the slide groups are the way you get the slideshow to operate as desired. One of the 3 groups need to be identified on the Audrey tab. The slide group tab will then contain the path to the folders. The path on the Screen tab is a legacy that existed before the slide group tab was added, but I do not recall what dependency or function is now has.

Comment

Help understanding

Thanks for the responce Michael....I will wait your return..enjoy your time away from home.

Comment

understanding

Michael, If you had a chance to look it this?

Thanks

Also in HS2 the silde show alway produces an an at line 140 of the slideshow.asp Somthing about in object not correct. (I went back to 1.7.44 so I can not tell you what it said) I plan on tring HS2 again soon so I can give you a beeter error message.

Thanks again

Comment

Forgot to look.

My settings are
          Slide Group:
          Group 1 Filepath = Sllideshow, 60 sec
          Group 2 Filepath = Select, 10 sec
          Group 3 Filepath = Images, 5 sec, Serverpath=http://localhost, Folderpath=C:\Audrey

Screen:
          Path to Slideshow Files = Select

Audreys:
          Kitchen SlideGroup Radio=1
          Den SlideGroup Radio = 2

Definitions:
          Internal Server Port = 8013
          Server Selection = Internal Server

When slideshow is run on Kitchen Audrey the files are served by the mcsAudrey internal server from the folder and subfolders starting at \Homeseer\HTML\Slideshow based upon the SlideGroup settings

When slideshow is run on Den Audrey the files are served by the mcsAudrey internal server from the folder and subfolders starting at \Homeseer\HTML\Select based upon the SlideGroup settings

When slideshow is run on a non-Audrey computer the files are served by the mcsAudrey internal server from the folder and subfolders starting at \Homeseer\HTML\Select based upon the Screen Slideshow setting

A third Slidegroup was setup, but not now in service, that has Audrey as the server with the path of the file share mounted to the PC's C:\Audrey logical folder name. The files being served will be located at C:\Audrey\images. This requires the Audrey to have a folder link (mount) back to C:\Audrey of the Homeseer PC.

I the Homeseer server rather than the Audrey server is being used then only the Definition setting to Homeseer needs to change. I think the Screen tab setting for file path needs to have something due to legacy of when this was the only way to do the slideshow

Ask again if this does not answer your original problem. I do not think I tested the slidelshow under HS2. When I get past the licensing/trail security of HS2 I'll look at it.

Comment

understanding

My pictures are located in a folder call 'pictures' with sub directorys. So I have 'Pictures\mom',60 as the file path in group 1 and on the screen tab I have left it blank.

In the log it always says that the path to slideshow not set.
            And when I use the debug 'Show slide list in log' It shows every jpg in the html path. and displays every thing.

I have tried setting on the screen tab but get the same result. (just no error in log but still every jpg starting for the HTML Dir.)
            My setup will not even show in HS2. I always get an error in line 140 of auderyslideshow.asp object not set.

I plan to move to HS2 when more of the fixes are in place so if you spend your time there I can wait

Thanks
            Paul

Comment

Rich will be posting an update to HS2 today and that should deal better with the mcs plugins. The .asp file needs to change based upon HS2 beta 1938 vs. the public betas. It is attached. I also see that I have an old .asp file that generated part of the slideshow. I do not know which one was provided, but the one attached here should work with both HS1 and the next HS2 release. If this does not help you then post your Audrey .ini file from the \Config folder so I will have the exact settings to look into.
              Attached Files

Comment

understanding

I did not try HS2 with the new asp page. (Waiting for the next update).
                I did try with HS1 and the asp page still works.

I still have every jpg in the path starting from HTML.

I have attached my ini file.

Thanks for looking
                Attached Files

Comment

You have non-blank entries on the 3rd row of the slide group tab. The non-blank (space) was treated by the plugin to be the root HTML folder. I changed the source to remove excess spaces but did not post it. The fix can be done at your end.

Comment

understanding

Boy do I feel dumb... Thanks

Comment

It would be impossible to isolate the problem without source code. One would never see it by looking (and looking and looking).

Comment

Working...
                      X