Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-NET LED Never Stops Blinking and HomeSeer Pro Never Sees it

Do I have a bad unit?

When I plug a keyboard, mouse and monitor, the keyboard doesn't seem to be recognized (any of the many USB keyboards I've tried). It says it recognizes the mouse.

I get "no file system can mount root" error, so I'm guessing that is at the heart of the problem.

You might need to just eject the SD card and re-seat it.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Why are you plugging in anything besides the Ethernet cable? If I understand the Z-Net correctly it is only the z-wave interface and should only have either an Ethernet cable or a wireless dongle and power connected to it.

I might be missing something but that is how mine is connected to my system.

Comment

I don't a place to remove the SD Card on this Z-NET case. I'm guessing I have to take this device apart to get to the SD card? That won't mess with any warranty?

I'm plugging in the other things to try to figure out why the light never stops blinking and why I can't see the device anywhere when I just plug in the ethernet cable... don't see it from the router, don't see it from the HomeSeer Pro. Is there something wrong with plugging in the monitor, mouse and keyboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeron View Post
          I don't a place to remove the SD Card on this Z-NET case. I'm guessing I have to take this device apart to get to the SD card? That won't mess with any warranty?

I'm plugging in the other things to try to figure out why the light never stops blinking and why I can't see the device anywhere when I just plug in the ethernet cable... don't see it from the router, don't see it from the HomeSeer Pro. Is there something wrong with plugging in the monitor, mouse and keyboard?
          Yes, you need to open the case and no it should not mess with the warranty. Nothing wrong with plugging in those devices to try and troubleshoot.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sorry bad assumption on my part. I was thinking that plugging in the other stuff could be causing the issue.

Comment

Yeah, I followed the instructions and only plugged everything in when I couldn't get it to work.

The monitor says it sees the memory card. It just can't mount the file system. I think a bad image was put on the card. I get the same results regardless of taking apart and taking the card out and plugging it back into the Raspberry Pi.

My emails to support from the HomeSeer web page form keep coming back undeliverable. Is a phone call my only option for support?

I'll have to get a photo of the screen attached... it keeps rejecting the photos I try to attach. I'll have to convert to a format this board is happy with, that is still readable.

Comment

Here is a photo of the screen. Hopefully it is readable.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yuck that photo was horrible. Here is what I think is the important part. Sorry, my photoshop skills are next to nil. Dang these new high rez phone cameras
                  Attached Files

Comment

I would recommend putting in a help desk request or calling into HST tomorrow and getting support for this issue.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Looks like a bad SD card image.
                      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

If the device doesn't work, I find some comfort in everyone thinking the problem is the same as what I thought

Thanks, I'll call tomorrow. I bought it a while ago and am just now getting my first Z-Wave device installed tomorrow.

Is there some place in the support area where I can download the image file? I've formatted and put image files on sd cards for Raspberry Pi's before. That might be all I need to do.

Comment

Is this what I need?

http://www.homeseer.com/updates3/hs3pi2boot.zip

Comment

Oh never mind. That is for the HS3 software.

Comment

Working...
                            X