No announcement yet.

Vista 128p messages not processed by plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live and learn. Things are looking much more rational. I didn't think I'd changed that mask - but user error is always the most likely explanation.

I'm not seeing any discarded or errored message in the log at the moment. Let's let things run overnight and through the normal open/close cycles to see what happens.

Thanks very much!

Comment

Glad its working better. Please post back if you have any additional issues.

there are some panel messages that the plugin will ignore because they are just informational and don't affect status, but in general the plugin should process most
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi, Mark -

I think the interface flags are correct, now.
        I've done quite a bit of testing on partitions and zones. It looks to me like:

1. Every "partition status" report from the AD2USB is setting the num value to "3", which explains why the only partition information that changes is for P3.

2. Every "zone status" report is associated with a num value of "0", so the plugin is trying ti use P0 for the purpose.

In all cases, the raw data from the alarm is going to the appropriate keypads - that is, to the keypad or keypads associated with a given partition.

I've attached a zipped Excel workbook (values only, no macros or formulae) that dumps and analyzes some recent logs.

Thanks,
        Attached Files

Comment

Steve,

The plugin doesn't process the bit flags in the first section of the ad2usb message. The plugin uses the 3rd section of bytes like the following

[f74000000018008c08020000000000]
          can you post a pic of the Partition setting with the plugin. I'm curious which keypad address you chose for each partition
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I used 18 for all three - I thought that was per documentation.
            Right now, 19 and 20 are unused but I can turn them on in the panel and assign 18 to P1 (which it is now), 19 for P2 and 20 for P3 in the plugin. Let me know and I'll try it.

Do you care whether the keypad (as defined in the panel) has global arm capability? Shouldn't matter as long as the codes being used for a given partition have no authority in the other two partitions.
            Attached Files

Comment

yah, using addr 18 for all three is the problem. each paritition needs a unique addr.

you can reuse existing addresses already assigned. the plugin just needs to know which address is associated with the partition

from your original post:

Address Partition and hardware
              0 P1, no hardware installed, default for Vista
              1 P1, physical keypad (Garage)
              2 P1, no hardware installed, required for TC
              5 P1, physical keypad (Master Bedroom)
              6 P2, physical keypad (Apartment)
              7 P1, physical keypad (Guest Entry)
              8 P3, physical keypad (Alarm Panel Closet)
              18 P1, virtual KB for AD2USB
              I would do the following

p1 use address 5
              p2 use address 6
              p3 use address 8

address 18 should be selected on the main Settings page of the plugin
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Early results look excellent. Sorry for my misunderstanding on the way the KP's were used.

I'll do followup testing later today to ensure that I can arm/disarm/bypass and so forth and hopefully close out this thread by the end of the day.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveHome View Post
                  Early results look excellent. Sorry for my misunderstanding on the way the KP's were used.

I'll do followup testing later today to ensure that I can arm/disarm/bypass and so forth and hopefully close out this thread by the end of the day.

Thanks!
                  glad we're making progress.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Great progress!

I'm testing sending commands.
                    The plugin (properly) is sending command to a partition like this:

CODE + * + P#
                    CODE + Command

For example, to disarm P2, it sends
                    CODE * 2 (Log in to P2)
                    CODE 1 (Disarm)
                    CODE * 0 (Log in to default partition)

That's not what the panel does, however (see logs below)
                    The issue is likely that the Vista 128 is ***SLOW*** - it's easy to enter keypresses on a physical keypad too fast, in which case they just aren't recognized. May need to (sigh) slow down the presses. When I'm arming/disarming physically, I actually wait a second before pressing the next key. I think that's probably overkill - although it's reliable. Makes 115k baud seem silly.

Anyway, here are the logs

Nov-30 8:57:08 AM *** Vista Alarm Sending [code]+*0
                    Nov-30 8:57:08 AM *** Vista Alarm MessageKey=P2 ARMED STAY1 ZONE BYPASSED 2
                    Nov-30 8:57:08 AM *** Vista Alarm Processing msg on Partition 2
                    Nov-30 8:57:08 AM *** Vista Alarm [00100001000000003A--],018,[f74000000018008c08020000000000],"P2 ARMED STAY1 ZONE BYPASSED "
                    Nov-30 8:57:06 AM *** Vista Alarm [00010101000000000A--],0c0,[f700000400c0010008020000000000],"Log-on to P1 Part. 1 Complete"
                    Nov-30 8:57:06 AM *** Vista Alarm !Sending...done
                    Nov-30 8:57:06 AM *** Vista Alarm MessageKey=Log-on to P1 Part. 1 Complete 0
                    Nov-30 8:57:06 AM *** Vista Alarm Ignoring Message
                    Nov-30 8:57:03 AM *** Vista Alarm !Sending.done
                    Nov-30 8:57:03 AM *** Vista Alarm Sending [code]+1
                    Nov-30 8:57:01 AM *** Vista Alarm Sending [code]+*2
                    Nov-30 8:57:01 AM *** Vista Alarm !Sending..done
                    Nov-30 8:56:59 AM *** Vista Alarm !Sending.done
                    Nov-30 8:56:59 AM *** Vista Alarm MessageKey=P2 ARMED STAY1 ZONE BYPASSED 2
                    Nov-30 8:56:59 AM Vista Alarm Processing msg on Partition 2
                    Nov-30 8:56:59 AM Vista Alarm [00100001000000003A--],018,[f74000000018008c08020000000000],"P2 ARMED STAY1 ZONE BYPASSED "

Comment

yah, I had to build in a small delay into the commercial panels Vista 40, 50, 128, etc

Switching partitions isn't graceful but it works.

its strange because on the 20p no delay is necessary, I can just send all the cmds immediately and it works

there was a AD2USB command (K) to do this all in one seq but its wasn't reliable. it would attempt to send the cmd to the correct partition without having to use the GOTO.

typically when you run these actions from events you wont care about a few seconds delay
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It's clear that the 128p isn't the best designed piece of hardware. There's a big shield over the processor, which suggests it would cause RF interference otherwise. It's widely used, but it doesn't look like they actually engineered it with faster or more robust processing, just upgraded addressing and made other firmware tweaks. The slow response (and dropping fast keystrokes) isn't very user friendly.

The testing I'm doing is using the plug-in's arm/disarm commands. Sounds like the default delay that you set for the 128 isn't enough in my case. One option is increasing that delay for all 128 users; another might be adding a config option below the panel type for "keystroke delay" (in ms). But before that happens, let me set up a couple of events that do the same thing, both to try to figure out how much delay is needed, and to make sure there are no other issues in the woodwork.

Thanks a lot,

Comment

steve
                          i already got you covered. the default delay is 2 secs

you can customize it using an ini setting. shutdown the plugin, add the following to your vistaalarm.ini, and restart

[AD2USB]
                          WaitBetweenCmds=3
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I seem to have the system working (or at least I haven't noticed any recent mysteries). I can arm/disarm partitions, bypass zones, and status seems to be accurate (although it takes a while for a zone going into fault to trigger a HS action, even when it's a RF zone). I'm getting a lot of messages in the log; I have suppressed duplicate messages. Here's a few seconds worth:

Dec-03 5:42:12 PM Vista Alarm Sending Display Faults command to alarm
                            Dec-03 5:42:08 PM Vista Alarm Sending Goto Partition 3 command to alarm
                            Dec-03 5:42:08 PM Vista Alarm Sending Goto Partition 0 command to alarm
                            Dec-03 5:42:05 PM Vista Alarm Sending Display Faults command to alarm
                            Dec-03 5:42:01 PM Vista Alarm Sending Goto Partition 3 command to alarm
                            Dec-03 5:42:01 PM Vista Alarm Sending Goto Partition 0 command to alarm
                            Dec-03 5:41:58 PM Vista Alarm Sending Display Faults command to alarm

Partition 2 is ready, partitions 1 and 3 have faults.
                            I don't see that partition 1 (aka partition 0?) is asking for a display of faulted zones. But in any event, I have this sequence every 5-10 seconds. Is that normal?

Thanks.

Comment

Steve,
                              can you post a short log snippet of the ad2usb messages inline along with the responses from the plugin. i need to see partition 1 vs partition 3 logs so i can determine which ad2usb msgs are triggering the Goto messages.

for the Vista40, I had to add some code to change the plugin default behavior. we may have to do the same for 128.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I've attached two dumps - one of the plugin logs with debug enabled and de-dup disabled,
                                one of the AD2USB raw output when the system was in the same state.

I notice that the plugin is confused about what partition is in what state.
                                During the testing,
                                P1 was disarmed, zones faulted
                                P2 was armed, Stay1
                                P3 was disarmed, zones in check

The plugin LOGS show the following keypad messages
                                P1 is armed, stay 1 (the actual state of P2)
                                P2
                                P3 is disarmed, zones in check (the acdtual state of P3)

But interestingly enough, the actual plugin seems to be correctly reporting the status of
                                P2 (armed stay1)
                                P1 and P3 are both shown as disarmed/faulted
                                (technically P3 is disarmed, zones in check but I suspect that's not a status you report)

As noted in the logs, I haven't tried to analyze anything but the text of the messages...

BTW, I've purchased a license - things are going well enough that I have confidence that the rest will get ironed out soon. Great Plugin!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X