X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious what the rate is?

Is it a count per minute / per hour?

How do I set the rate?

Guessing that the accum number adding the current value number?
    I based the rate off of what was done in mcsTemperature for barometric rate that was use to determine the trend arrow. Looking back I have not handled the time interval correctly in mcsMQTT and likely will need to make this an input parameter just like the sensitivity parameter. In digital systems the determination of rate is problematic as data is quantized and not continuous. That is why I added the user selection of the sensitivity to reduce the effects of quantification when the information of interest is more of trend than an instantaneous rate.

Accum is the sum of the payloads received such as the counts of a tipping bucket that reports with each tip of the bucket.

Is it possible to graph the rate?
    At this time it is not possible to graph rate with mcsMQTT. I was looking at this initially since is something that is desirable. The problem is that History is collected on payloads and rate is not in the payload. I thought of augmenting the payload to include rate and accum when saved. I thought of adding a rate and/or accum pseudo message. I also thought of just keeping a separate table for these. At this time I have not done any of these.

Comment

Thank you Michael. Great stuff here.

Yeah with a passing thunderstorm this afternoon acum number went a larger number that could be displayed and rate keep going up and down to now with no storms around to zero.

Is there a way to reset the payload number to zero at midnight?

The only way I can reset the hobby boards counter now is via the maxim software or powering off the dual counters.

At this time it is not possible to graph rate with mcsMQTT.

Understood.

Thinking maybe I can use node red to generate three mosquitto payloads from one counter?
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Is there a way to reset the payload number to zero at midnight?
        There is a checkbox for the Accum device to be reset at midnight. Same box as the checkbox to create the Accum device. Doing a zero reset for payloads does not make sense to me as these will just be overwritten with the next payload received after midnight.

Comment

Publication List Feature Added

Version 3.3.5.0 adds a new tab to manage a Publication list. The intent of this tab is to handle the one-time setup of IOT devices where configuration information is obtained via MQTT.

The motivation for this is with Sonoff 4CH for irrigation and LoRa units that need to be setup and this setup is done via MQTT.

A file is created either outside the plugin or inside the plugin on Pub List tab. Each row of the file contains text of the form Topic=Payload. The Execute button on the Pub List tab will send all the messages one time.

The file(s) are located in the \Data\mcsMQTT folder and have the file type of ".pub".

Substitution variables $$1: through $$4: have been provided to allow the .pub file to be a template, but it can also be explicit definitions of all topics and payloads.

The manual has been updated to describe this new feature.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Yes noticed a couple of days ago when using acum variable it was just adding the payloads together such that I shut that variable off.

Last night we had a few passing thunderstorms and much lightning. I watched the rate variable go up and down. Thinking back with the mcsTemperature stuff / xAP I would really only pay attention to the increases in rate of Lightning graph.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

With 3.3.6.0 two additional options have been provided for the Rate and Accum devices.

The rate device now has the time base which is selectable as per second, minute, or hour.

The accum device will act on one of two ways depending upon the reset option selected. One is to set the accumulation to 0 at midnight. This was the existing behavior. It would be used for something like a pulse counter for energy or water use where each pulse represents a quantity and the sum of these are accumulated.

The other behavior is that the device will capture the value at midnight and then reflect changes from that midnight value through the day. This is also appropriate for energy or water use, but for the case where the input is the since day-1 accumulated value and the desire is have the value that is the delta since midnight to reflect daily totals.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Updated to 3.3.6.0

Seeing this in the logs.

May-16 6:43:01 AM Database There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
                May-16 6:44:01 AM Error SQL Exception updating device record in the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                May-16 6:44:01 AM Error SQL Exception : UPDATE [Devices] SET [ref]=2210,[name]='counter.A Rate',[location]='1D.37C907000000',[location2]='',[Last_Change]='2018-05-16 06:43:52',[devValue]=NaN,[devString]='',[object_version]=101,[object_data]=@ByteArray WHERE [ref]=2210;
                May-16 6:44:01 AM Database ERROR, device 1D.37C907000000 counter.A Rate failed to be updated or added to the database.
                May-16 6:44:01 AM Database Error - Save of the devices to the database did not succeed - see the log for more details.
                May-16 6:44:01 AM Database There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
                May-16 6:45:01 AM Error SQL Exception updating device record in the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                May-16 6:45:01 AM Error SQL Exception : UPDATE [Devices] SET [ref]=2210,[name]='counter.A Rate',[location]='1D.37C907000000',[location2]='',[Last_Change]='2018-05-16 06:44:52',[devValue]=NaN,[devString]='',[object_version]=101,[object_data]=@ByteArray WHERE [ref]=2210;

The above logging entries took HS3 down to a crawl and it became difficult to navigate.
                I was able to shut down HS3. Restarted it then....enabled plugin and...

5/16/2018
                May-16 6:49:39 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsMQTT
                May-16 6:49:39 AM Info Plugin mcsMQTT has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:37302
                May-16 6:49:39 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin mcsMQTT ...
                May-16 6:49:39 AM mcsMQTT Version 3.3.6.0 Registered with Homeseer
                May-16 6:49:39 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin mcsMQTT started successfully in 178 milliseconds

Disabled rate for time bean and retain to zero days to reset all numbers.
                Went to the /HomeSeer/Data/mcsMQTT directory and removed historical databases and disabled debug and removed debug.txt.

Enabled history for one day.

Unabled to get to MQTT Setup tabs at this time (after enabling history).

Disabled / enabled mcsMQTT plugin and able to get to the mcsMQTT setup tabs.

See history now and can chart on counter variable.

Added rate device.

[ATTACH]68851[/ATTACH]

Started to see the SQL errors:

May-16 7:12:01 AM Error SQL Exception updating device record in the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                May-16 7:12:01 AM Error SQL Exception : UPDATE [Devices] SET [ref]=2212,[name]='counter.A Rate',[location]='1D.37C907000000',[location2]='',[Last_Change]='2018-05-16 07:11:55',[devValue]=NaN,[devString]='',[object_version]=101,[object_data]=@ByteArray WHERE [ref]=2212;
                May-16 7:12:01 AM Database ERROR, device 1D.37C907000000 counter.A Rate failed to be updated or added to the database.
                May-16 7:12:01 AM Database Error - Save of the devices to the database did not succeed - see the log for more details.
                May-16 7:12:01 AM Database There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
                May-16 7:13:01 AM Error SQL Exception updating device record in the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                May-16 7:13:01 AM Error SQL Exception : UPDATE [Devices] SET [ref]=2212,[name]='counter.A Rate',[location]='1D.37C907000000',[location2]='',[Last_Change]='2018-05-16 07:12:55',[devValue]=NaN,[devString]='',[object_version]=101,[object_data]=@ByteArray WHERE [ref]=2212;
                May-16 7:13:01 AM Database ERROR, device 1D.37C907000000 counter.A Rate failed to be updated or added to the database.
                May-16 7:13:01 AM Database Error - Save of the devices to the database did not succeed - see the log for more details.
                May-16 7:13:02 AM Database There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
                May-16 7:14:02 AM Error SQL Exception updating device record in the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                May-16 7:14:02 AM Error SQL Exception : UPDATE [Devices] SET [ref]=2212,[name]='counter.A Rate',[location]='1D.37C907000000',[location2]='',[Last_Change]='2018-05-16 07:13:56',[devValue]=NaN,[devString]='',[object_version]=101,[object_data]=@ByteArray WHERE [ref]=2212;
                May-16 7:14:02 AM Database ERROR, device 1D.37C907000000 counter.A Rate failed to be updated or added to the database.
                May-16 7:14:02 AM Database Error - Save of the devices to the database did not succeed - see the log for more details.
                May-16 7:14:02 AM Database There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.

Disabled rate device.

Disabled mcsMQTT plugin for time bean.

May-16 7:16:11 AM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: mcsMQTT
                May-16 7:16:12 AM Info Plugin mcsMQTT with instance: has disconnected
                Last edited by Pete; May 16, 2018, 07:17 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Did not protect from divide by zero. The timing of when a LastChange date is actually updated is such that sometimes it will not have occurred when the rate interval is calculated and results in a 0 time interval. Fixed in 3.3.6.1.

You will need to delete the rate device and recreate it again (checkbox toggle on Edit page) to clear the NaN from the rate device Value.

When this problem occurs on my two test machines it does not affect the responsiveness of HS so we still do not understand why your environment appears fragile. It could be with the rate of sensor input so that the error interval is much higher. My sensor update rates are in terms of minutes and not seconds.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Updated to V.3.3.6.1

I deleted the rate device and recreated it to same as before which is one minute.

[ATTACH]68858[/ATTACH]

Configured it for two days.

[ATTACH]68859[/ATTACH]

After 15 minutes or so I see no sql errors in the Homeseer Logs.
                    Last edited by Pete; May 16, 2018, 04:13 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am not totally sure why the SQL database errors with previous version were causing utilization issues with Homeseer 3 running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. I should have looked at HTop when the errors were occurring. Here is HTop with no errors ...looks pretty innocuous to me...

Typically Ubuntu does a very good job of memory management except when you do things with mono ....

[ATTACH]68867[/ATTACH]
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Version 3.3.7.0 updates the file save format of the publication list so that the substitution variables are included with the file rather than being global for all files. If you had created a publication list in the past then it will either need to be recreated or the file manually edited to include four blank lines at the top.

The manual was also updated to reflect the use of Sonoff for irrigation control. The Tasmota firmware with this capability is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsTasmota.bin. The irrigation has three modes.

The first is OFF which means that no irrigation modeling is performed.

The second is ON which means an interval schedule and start hour is provided via MQTT for each relay and the Sonoff will independently perform the irrigation control and report status via MQTT. It will also accept button input or MQTT command input for manual control of the irrigation valves. Some Sonoff units also have RF receivers so manual control via 433 MHz RF can also be done.

The third is AUTO which means the Sonoff is expected to be slaved to a smarter irrigation controller such as mcsSprinklers, but if communication is lost then the Sonoff reverts to the same operation as in irrigation ON mode.

The manual contains the specifics of the irrigation operation and how it is setup with mcsMQTT. Other products that accept Tasmota firmware that have relays can also be used. If one is using this hardware in lightning-prone areas then additional front-end circuitry is recommended to protect the units. Alternately, the units are sufficiently cheap that it may be more cost effective to replace than to add lightning suppression circuitry.

Comment

Updated to Version 3.3.7.0. Thank you Michael.

I have not yet published any topics. I did see a new tab a couple of versions back.

[ATTACH]68873[/ATTACH]

Been doing a Linux sftp://ipofhomeseerserver to read the help files.

[ATTACH]68874[/ATTACH]

Wondering if you can put a link to the mcsMQTT.pdf file under the plugin tabs or under the main Homeseer Help section (Jeff @ WeatherXML does this).

[ATTACH]68875[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68876[/ATTACH]

Looking forward to tinkering with Sonoff stuff soon.
                          Last edited by Pete; May 17, 2018, 04:13 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

The plugin links now contain two links for mcsMQTT with version 3.3.8.0. The original Setup and a new Doc one.

I have found two things when testing. One is that my brower, by default, blocks popups and the new tab for the document pdf is apparently considered a popup. When Chrome provide the feedback that it blocked the page it also provides the option to allow popups from HS server.

The second is that the .pdf file is considered a download by Chrome rather than a page to be rendered. The filename will show in the bottom bar of Chrome and it needs to be clicked to actually see it.

Comment

Thank you Michael.

Updated to V.3.3.8.0 before your post #58.

I do not see two V.3.3.8.0 manager update links.

I shut down HS3 and rebooted the computer to see if the help file links would be there on reboot.

Here utilize only Firefox on Ubuntu or Windows or Android. (IE: never have used or installed Chrome on any computer - that is me though).

For PDF files have seen Firefox open the files and display them in the Firefox browser or download PDF files.

Firefox does have a built in PDF file viewer:

Firefox includes a built-in PDF viewer that allows you to view almost all PDF files found on the web without a plugin. The built-in PDF viewer is enabled by default.
                              Last edited by Pete; May 18, 2018, 07:24 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Code:
                                Browser to HS Server
                                  PLUG-INS
                                     mcsMQTT
                                         MQTT Setup
                                         MQTT Doc
                                I have my install from the Updater so I know what is in the updater is corrrect

Comment

Working...
                                X