This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event trigger from Temp SetPoint does not trigger

I created an event to monitor when my wife changes the cooling setpoint of the Omnistat (Yes, she likes it warmer than I do!).

------------------------------
    Event:

HAI System Triggers
    Thermostat Triggers - Thermostat Temperature

OmniStat(1) COOL Setpoint becomes Greater Than 73

Speak "I caught you!"

HAI ACTIONS PAGE:
    Thermostat Actions - HVAC Action

Set (1) OmniStat COOL Setpoint to 71 degrees
    -------------------------------

I walked over to my Omnistat and manually changed the setpoint to 75 degrees. Nothing triggers at all.

I did check the web page and the current cool setpoint is correctly shown at 75 degrees.

Thanks,
    George

Anything on this yet?

Still doesn't trigger!

G

Comment

I just noticed this post. I don't know how I missed it before, but I also thought that Rich asked for email on bug reports and these posts were just people ignoring him. I just checked and he apparently told everybody to use the MB. I'll have to watch more closely now, but if I don't respond here right away, please send me an email to wake me up.

OK, that trigger was working at one point, but I bet in adding other triggers I broke it along the way. It is very easy with the new plug-in API to break a trigger as all of the triggers are lumped in together into one big string when it is passed to HomeSeer.

I have been working on the code for the external temperature sensors and that is creating new triggers, so I'll retest all of them and will hopefully make sure that this one is working again.

In the meantime, if the plug-in version changed between the time you created the event and when you discovered it not working, please try re-creating the event or at a minimum verifying that the trigger is correct - don't just go by what appears in the event screen, go to the trigger screen. This may get it working for you if it was working before but a plug-in change screwed up the trigger pointers. If that does not get it working, then you'll have to try the new version of the plug-in when I get it out later today or early tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X