Google Home not linking now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shill View Post
    Not sure how doing a hard reset on the hardware would fix the problem in the software on my phone and/or homeseer... And since I have 6 Google Home devices, I don't really want to reset them.
    Same here. It should work from my phone as it is without using my two Google Home devices. Just finished setting up Nest, Wink and Wemo. Not going to hard reset and have to repair everything.

Comment

We are currently investigating the connection issue between MyHS and Google Home.

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
        Sorry; Go to the device properties and check / uncheck "Voice command". If voice command is unchecked, it shouldn't be visible to Google Home (or Alexa).
        This may have been my problem, too. I recently added 3 new zones to my security system, and by default the "Enable Voice" was checked. I turned that off and relinked my HS account and it worked.

Edit: So an option to disable that checkbox by default would be nice... I'll also talk to Mark about changing the way he creates devices in the plugin!

Comment

Connection between MyHS and Google Home is now working. If you have continued intermittent connections or failures please email support@homeseer.com or give us a call. Thanks!

Comment

Still not working for me. Called HS twice to no avail. Left VM no call back yet.
            Here are my system details
            Current Date/Time: 1/19/2018 12:28:01 PM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
            System Uptime: 1 Day 12 Hours 0 Minutes 20 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.1.242
            Number of Devices: 354
            Number of Events: 156
            Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
            1.0.0.0: Big5
            3.0.7.0: BLRadioRA
            3.0.0.56: DSC Security
            1.1.17344.311: MyQ

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
              Still not working for me. Called HS twice to no avail. Left VM no call back yet.
              You can put in a help desk request at support@homeseer.com. We've had several tickets on this this morning and all have reported success after unlinking and then relinking the account.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We are continuing to monitor any connection issues. As of right now we are able to connect to three different Google Homes from three separate HS3 systems through our tunnel and locally. We did see a slight glitch with door locks that was erratic but that has since been fixed.

Comment

Got a call back by HS but no resolution of the problem. What I learned though is that "voice control" disable will actually move away certain devices from GH so that eventually I may try to isolate "problematic" devices.

Comment

Mine worked for a minute today. Now its not working and connect2.homeseer.com is super slow..

Comment

New problem. Now GH gets stuck at myhs2.homeseer.com.

I did "disable voice" for all newly added devices in a desperate move to get GH working as it used to. However this new snag prevents me from finding out.

Comment

Confirmed. Not working. I disabled voice for all devices but 2, just to test if the number or type of devices could be a problem. Still not working with only 2 devices left voice enabled.
                        Last edited by risquare; January 19, 2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

MyHS is now working fine here but still no Google Home. Alexa is working now which it wasn't earlier.

Comment

I too having issues with linking HS to GH. My voice command was working a couple hours ago but now in GH app it doesn't show to be linked and VC no longer works.

Comment

I bought HomeSeer yesterday and although things connect fine locally, having spent hours trying to make it work with google home was disappointing.
                              Will members of this forum or owners of the software be notified, or will it just work again one day?
                              Arne

Comment

Any word on a resolution for this? I'm starting to get discouraged. I use Google Home a lot for my system and haven't heard anything other than an engineer is working on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X