Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Recognition issue

I have a HomeTroller SE box running .78

I'm using the mic input connected to a Behringer audio mixer which connects to Samson Concert 7 wireless microphone. This configuration is required to provide remote access for my client who has MS and uses a wheelchair.

The problem is false recognition of the "attention phrase" I've changed the "phrase" many times but the system recognizes utterances that are not even close to the attention phrase. I've adjusted advanced settings in XP for maximum accuracy but no joy.

I have also trained the system several times. The VR is good when issusing commands, the porblem is just false recognition of "attention phrase"

Is this an XP problem in that the VR in XP is dated? Is the Speaker client somehow contributing to this problem?

I have found that truly successfull Windows Voice Recognition depends on a quality noise canceling array microphone.
    The Andrea Soundmax Superbeam usb combo has performed very well in the home and with a carpc while driving.
    The MS Connect for Windows is excellent, and only requires the free SDK to be installed on a Win 7 or greater box, to function as a noise cancelling array microphone with HomeSeer.
    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks for the input

Unfortunately my clients typically have severe disabilities and a wireless remote microphone is required so it can be mounted on their power wheelchair.

Perhaps a cardiod or hypercardiod microphone would help? Unfortunately I've seen problems when the room is quiet but she is talking of the phone. HS keeps interrupting with "How may I help you?"

It would be great if the client could switch the Speaker Client on and off as needed. But that becomes a "catch-22" when the Speaker client is switch off :-)

Comment

Working...
      X