No announcement yet.

Airplay Speak - HS2 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are doing a great job of this plug-in ... thanks. Perhaps it takes more programming on my side, but is there a way to restore the current audio once the HS has spoken through AirSpeak? Right now it stops the currently playing track / internet radio station when it speaks.

Comment

Originally posted by qmcgrath View Post
      You are doing a great job of this plug-in ... thanks. Perhaps it takes more programming on my side, but is there a way to restore the current audio once the HS has spoken through AirSpeak? Right now it stops the currently playing track / internet radio station when it speaks.
      Unfortunately this is very specific to each type of device. The AirPlay protocol does not handle this kind of thing.

With what type of device do you have this problem?

Comment

Hi Spud,
        Thanks for the update, now mono .wav files are also running on my AppleTV.
        At next I want to buy a cheap solution for an airplay system/speaker,
        only for messages over airplay.
        Which solutions do you recommend ?

Best regards,

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
          Hi Spud,
          At next I want to buy a cheap solution for an airplay system/speaker,
          only for messages over airplay.
          Which solutions do you recommend ?
          I think the cheapest "out of the box" solution is to buy an airport express ($50 or so on ebay) and pair it with some PC speakers.

Another very cheap solution (which I haven't tested myself yet) is the Raspberry Pi ($35) on which you can install shairport (http://trouch.com/2012/08/03/airpi-a...ith-raspberry/) or even a full media center compatible with airplay like XBMC (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...nstalling_XBMC)

Comment

I seem to have the same situation with the Apple TV and my Pioneer SC-65 AV Receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              Unfortunately this is very specific to each type of device. The AirPlay protocol does not handle this kind of thing.

With what type of device do you have this problem?
              Both Apple TV and Pioneer SC-65

Comment

Not sure what is the best way to handle this issue. Maybe I could trigger some events before and after the announcement is played, and then it would be your job to find a way to react to those events to turn on/off the device or stop/resume what the device is currently playing.

Does that sound a good idea?

Comment

Yes - that would be great, thanks.

Comment

new version v1.1.0.7 attached to first post.

This version let you choose some events to trigger before and after the announcement is played. This can be for example some events to turn on/off the AirPlay device or stop/resume what the device is currently playing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Calling GenPage for plugin, link: /airplayspeak_config Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Originally posted by stboch View Post
                        Calling GenPage for plugin, link: /airplayspeak_config Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I can't reproduce this error. Could you give me more info?

When does it happen?
                        Does the plugin discover any airplay device? You can see that in the logs
                        Do you have any event configured?
                        Was it working with a previous version?
                        Could you attach your full log?

thanks

Comment

new version v1.1.0.8 attached to first post.

Fixed a bug preventing any connection to a device after one failed connection

Comment

Just giving this plugin a try and get this error when loading the config page.

29/04/2013 20:28:46 Error Calling GenPage for plugin, link: /airplayspeak_config Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                            29/04/2013 20:28:34 AirplaySpeak Resolved Service: B827EB182545 - XBian - 192.168.85.13 - 36666
                            29/04/2013 20:28:34 AirplaySpeak Found Service: B827EB182545@XBian
                            29/04/2013 20:28:34 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in AirplaySpeak
                            29/04/2013 20:28:34 Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: AirplaySpeak
                            And this error when playing audio.

29/04/2013 20:29:12 Error EV_Request error with ByGroupAndName: Object reference not set to an instance of an object., Scheduler
                            29/04/2013 20:29:12 Error EV_Request error with ByName: Object reference not set to an instance of an object., Scheduler
                            29/04/2013 20:29:12 TTS Speak: ():Brian! It is time to get up for work
                            29/04/2013 20:29:12 AirplaySpeak (XBian): Brian! It is time to get up for work
                            Ver 1.1.0.8

Comment

version 1.1.0.9 attached to first post, it should fix the errors reported by 8r1an and stboch.

This was a bug introduced in version 1.1.0.7.

Thank you for reporting guys, and let me know if you still have any issue with v1.1.0.9

Comment

Hi Spud,

I've downloaded and installed v1.1.0.9 on my Hometroller. Bonjour was also installed from the link you provided. I have one airport express (wireless, connected to my home network) and one Apple TV (turned off during my experiments).

I've created two events, one with text and another one with MP3 file.

The problem i'm reporting is, for both events, the sound goes on and off intermitently - plays 1 second, silent (skips) 2 seconds, plays 2 seconds, silent (skips) 3 seconds, etc.. I thought the unit was in problem, but it worked flawlessly with iTunes right after. I monitored CPU usage on my Hometroller and it showed 23% on average, far from being too busy.

I enabled debug in your plugin. I've included some files to look at! I hope you have enough information to work with. If not, just let me know what I must do.

Thank you in advance!

Richard
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X