Clear All

the instances can be a mac computers?

Comment

Originally posted by mfrancome View Post
      the instances can be a mac computers?
      yes you can control an iTunes instance running on a Mac computer

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        No words yet on the Media API, I'm going to ask HS guys for an ETA and will let you know.
        Sorry for being a pest (in advance). Any word on HStouch integration? I didn't hear anything else on the bugzilla except that its been confirmed... That was a few weeks ago and I know they have a new designer/client so wondering if they tackled fixing it yet.

I am dying to get my hstouch environment back up and running - lesson learned next time major HS version wait a year before I begin upgrading.

Thanks,
        Toby
        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
          Sorry for being a pest (in advance). Any word on HStouch integration? I didn't hear anything else on the bugzilla except that its been confirmed... That was a few weeks ago and I know they have a new designer/client so wondering if they tackled fixing it yet.

I am dying to get my hstouch environment back up and running - lesson learned next time major HS version wait a year before I begin upgrading.

Thanks,
          Toby
          Sorry no words yet. I sent another email to Rich, asking him to comment on this thread.

Comment

Hi,

First off i'd like to say Great plug-in. I have been looking for a method to control my whole home audio and lighting system via one interface. I have tried a bunch of android apps and tried to use xbmc web-interface and such to try and accommodate this. Homeseer and your iTunes plug-in seems to be the most promising solution so far.

There are a few features i've come across along the way that I have grown attached to and was wondering if they'd be possible to integrate into your plug-in.

1) iTunes radio. Its not the greatest source of online music, but it is a nice feature to have included. I have seen a few android apps that are able to access this though their itunes remote.

2) Album art for album library. In xbmc's web interface, when you select artists, the list is compiled and shows the album art for said album. So far, I have only seen text feedback for your album library. Would it be possible to add album art to the library display?

3) Artist fanart. In a custom skin for xbmc's web interface, there was one that would download fanart of the artist and use that to display when you are in your artist library. Since itunes does not store artist fanart, I'm sure this feature is not possible, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance for all your efforts, even if none of these features are possible.

Comment

1) Should not be too difficult to add Radios, I will have a look

2 & 3) The web player I have implemented was supposed to be a short term solution to browse iTunes library, the long term solution being the Media API which will give a more native integration with HSTouch. So I don't want to invest too much time in fancy features but I will have a look and see how difficult it is to implement.

You also mentioned in the email you sent me that you wanted a dark background for the web player. It's already possible to change the background color, add this parameter to the url: bgcolor=RRGGBB
              where RRGGBB is the RGB hexadecimal value of the color

Comment

Spud,

No worries about 2&3 if they will be available in the future through the Media api. It will be better when it is fully configurable any way.

Thanks for looking into #1. That would be a nice added feature.

Bground=000000 works great man.

Thanks so much

Comment

Spud,

Is there any way to change the size ofthe player? The tablet I want to control from will be in portrait orientation, and when the player opens, aportion of the right side is off the screen.

Thanks

Comment

Is there an update on radios and can the volume increase be an event action with an option for the speaker/percent? Would really tie in well to the kinect voice actions I have set up.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                      Is there an update on radios and can the volume increase be an event action with an option for the speaker/percent? Would really tie in well to the kinect voice actions I have set up.
                      I had a quick look at adding Radios, but I didn't manage to read the iTunes radio database, I'll try again but I can't promise anything

You can control volume in an event using the "Control a device" action. Select an iTunes speaker device and then you can set the volume to a specific % or increment/decrement using +/-

Click image for larger version

Name:	volume_action.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1174376
                      Last edited by spud; July 13, 2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Oh cool is there a way to change the percentage of each increase or decrease?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                          Oh cool is there a way to change the percentage of each increase or decrease?
                          no it's hard coded as 5% step, but you can have several '+' actions in a row to increase by 10%, 15%, 20%, etc...

Comment

Got it thanks man!

Comment

in version 3.0.0.13 available here, I have added support for Radios

you can select a radio to play from an event action or from the web player (new Radio tab)

Click image for larger version

Name:	playradio.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1174941

Comment

Would it be possible to save the album artwork as a constant image file? I am going to set up a windows tablet and alas there is no iTunes remote app that can run on the desktop but the skinning software (Rainmeter) can load from a URL. I can pull the artist, song etc from the device using RESTful or JSON but the image file seems to keep changing every time the track changes (i.e. cover1, cover 2, etc)

Comment

Working...
                                X