Linear WS15Z-1 - one dead and another glitchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linear WS15Z-1 - one dead and another glitchy

I have two of these devices in the same electrical box, one to control an outside light and another to control our living room light. The outside light responds to z-wave commands, however when it's on it glitches off and then back on again. Thankfully when it's off it doesn't glitch on. I tried removing the device from the network and then re-adding it, same problem. Then I tried to do it again and now it won't remove...

The switch that controls our living room light is stone cold dead. The LED isn't on and it doesn't respond to anything.

I purchased these devices from Tigerdirect.ca mid-September of last year and looked into the warranty, there is 1yr warranty. I contacted the manufacturer, Nortek Security and Control, and to my surprise they won't honor the warranty as Tiger Direct doesn't distribute their product anymore...

Could this be a Z-wave plugin maybe causing the issue with the glitching light? Any suggestions? I am trying every avenue to see if it can be something I can fix, since it seems Nortek doesn't want to warranty their products.

Edit: I'm running the latest HS3 and went from 3.0.1.89 to 3.0.1.90

The dead one is DEAD. No response or control from it for a few weeks.

The other one seems to flutter on and off very quickly when being polled or when transmitting Z-wave data across it. Has this happened to anyone else?

Linear won't honor their 1 year warranty as the distributor (Tigerdirect.ca) doesn't carry their product anymore. What a warranty policy! All the future switches I add are going to be HS switches. Ridiculous!

Comment

Yeah... sounds like you're out of luck - especially if you can't even control them locally. That's a shame... For myself, any new switches I buys will be from HS.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        Yeah... sounds like you're out of luck - especially if you can't even control them locally. That's a shame... For myself, any new switches I buys will be from HS.
        Yep TigerDirect doesn't want to have anything to do with it, and Nortek/Linear doesn't either. Pretty shady. I'll never buy from TigerDirect again and will be sure to avoid Nortek/Linear at all costs. Who would have guessed a warranty would be void beyond a customer's control...I think they're just stalling till I actually get past the 1 year point (2.5 weeks) and then they can officially deny me warranty coverage. Shady.

I did some searching online and the switched (on/off) HS units, do they have a status LED? And if so what is the color? I know the dimmer has white LED's, which now goes against my green from all the Evolve/Linear ones I have through the house.

Comment

The non-dimmer mode l - WS100+ has a small white LED.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
          X