Best Tablet: Android vs iOS vs Windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Tablet: Android vs iOS vs Windows?

Can anyone point out the pros/cons of the various HS3Touch options? I'm buying 6 for my house to be installed in the wall and would like to have reliable touchpads as they will be my primary lighting/scene/temp/sonos control.

Thank you

Originally posted by gtrguy View Post
    Can anyone point out the pros/cons of the various HS3Touch options? I'm buying 6 for my house to be installed in the wall and would like to have reliable touchpads as they will be my primary lighting/scene/temp/sonos control.

Thank you
    I use mostly iOS devices daily, but my HSTouch clients are all Android. Hands down, the Android deployment is far more reliable than the iOS. The Windows may be OK, but I have yet to try it. I really don't need Windows.

I use my iOS clients all the time and can always get the to work, by closing the app and reopening it, coupled with a little patience as to how slow it can react. The Android tablets seem to always work, they can sleep with HSTouch in the foreground, can autostart to HSTouch. When you control a device it is almost instant. The Sonos clients are almost identical on Android and iOS and both work well. The Windows Sonos app is different, but also works well.

If I was going to put tablets on the wall, it would be Android.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Big fan of windows deployments

the new incontrol server and client lets you do design on the client (incontrol universal) to put and arrange any way you want.
      pros
      * easy to use
      * instant response
      * its windows
      * no reboots restarts necessary
      * put any web url "widget" into the interface
      * since it is windows it can run most other plugins for expandability

You can get cheap android/windows dual boot quad 1.83 atoms from CHUWI that work great for under $100. Give em a try -- then you've got thebest of both worlds!

Comment

I don't think there's a consensus answer to this question, but it does come up periodically.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184791
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=170478
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
        X