Dimmable Check Box is greyed out "Checked"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I change the option to not dimmable "un-check checkbox" in Device Properties? The box appears greyed out and in Advanced Tab, it shows "TRUE".

Thank you.

Originally posted by Ivan8ias View Post
    How can I change the option to not dimmable "un-check checkbox" in Device Properties? The box appears greyed out and in Advanced Tab, it shows "TRUE".

Thank you.
    What kind of device? Is this a device you created or was it created by a plug-in. If it is Owned by a plug-in, it is probably locked as dimmable.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy, thank you for your reply. I use the X10 plug-in to control my pre existing X10 controlled house. I just added an appliance module and copied an existing device listing and modified it accordingly. I happened to notice that the "is dimmable" check box was checked, but greyed out. I obviously don't want the dimmable feature for an appliance module. Just curious if there was a reason for that.

Thank you,
      Ivan

Comment

Randy, thank you for your reply. I use the X10 plug-in to control my pre existing X10 controlled house. I just added an appliance module and copied an existing device listing and modified it accordingly. I happened to notice that the "is dimmable" check box was checked, but greyed out. I obviously don't want the dimmable feature for an appliance module. Just curious if there was a reason for that.

Thank you,
        Ivan
        Was the device you copied a dimmer? If it was, could you copy a binary device instead?
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you,
          Ivan
          If you don't see a problem I wouldn't worry about it, the property is a bit of a relic of days gone by (X10) - this is what the help file says;

This property is largely unused in HS3. When set to True and no other device value/status pairs have been assigned to the device, the default value/status pairs assigned will allow for levels/values from 1 to 99 in addition to 0 (Off) and 100 (On).
          I've noticed it greyed out but not sure why it does that, I think it is when a plugin takes ownership of a device but must be in your case it is doing that and also retaining the dimmable property.

Comment

What does the "Device Type" say under the X10 Tab for that device?

Tim
            FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

The device type is appliance module. I copied another appliance device and made the necessary modifications. Now that I look further, I see that same greyed out checked box appears everywhere, including all my many light switches. They all interface with the X10 plug-in Not really worried about it, just was curious.

Comment

That's weird, all my Appliance type devices do not have the Is Dimmable box checked. Only the lamp modules and light switches.

Tim
                FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Thank you everyone for your attention and help. Things have been working fine for months, so I'm not worried. It just so happened that I noticed it when I was whipping up a new device the other day.

Thanks,
                  Ivan

Comment

Working...
                  X