Possible to Interact with Pandora?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to Interact with Pandora?

I have an Onkyo 609 and it has streaming services like Pandora, Spotify, etc. Is it possibly to interact and select Pandora channels through this plugin? I was going to create a feature request but not sure if it is even possible.

Thanks.

+1 TX-NR737
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Same here.... I have a NR616 which has Pandora. How do I select this as an input and then navigate it?

-BD

Comment

I've been hoping for this feature for a long time, either with BLOnkyo or the HS plug-in. Onkyo has an Android app that does this. However, you have to scroll through the Pandora stations and select the one you want. It seems that there should be some sort of identifier where you can programmically direct tune to the station.

Comment

Blade,

How about a response?

-BD

Comment

Add a feature request for it on my site and I will look into it
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks for adding the feature request BrunDog!

Comment

Pandora

This has been discussed a few times in other threads. The problem is Pandora doesn't expose any APIs, which means the only access is through a client or browser. Some people had moderate success with screen scrapers that could read the Pandora stuff and emulate keyboard input to cause things to happen via the client. But with that approach you're limited to what you set it up to scrape and respond to, plus if (when) they change the client interface you start over!

I hope there's a better solution now. Haven't looked in a while.
                Regards,
                Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

If there is no API for Pandora then I will not be adding it as scraping is too hard to support because they can change it whenever they want.
                  Once there is an API then I will check into it
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    If there is no API for Pandora then I will not be adding it as scraping is too hard to support because they can change it whenever they want.
                    Once there is an API then I will check into it
                    I don't think you need an API. You can tune Pandora in the receiver as the "app" is built in to the receiver... we just need to send the appropriate commands to the receiver to start the correct app.

-BD

Comment

Working...
                    X