Trigger by month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger by month

I would like to control a device at different times each month. I made a device that simulates TV by flashing 40 led lights (Arduino and LEDs) The trigger times would be similar to sunset times but I wanted to be able to have the device turn on and off several times a night to be realistic. Example Feb. I would like the lights to come on after 6:20pm and turn on and off several times during the evening and at different times during the week. It would be ok to make 12 different months schedule but I cannot select the schedule by month. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ronnie

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
    I would like to control a device at different times each month. I made a device that simulates TV by flashing 40 led lights (Arduino and LEDs) The trigger times would be similar to sunset times but I wanted to be able to have the device turn on and off several times a night to be realistic. Example Feb. I would like the lights to come on after 6:20pm and turn on and off several times during the evening and at different times during the week. It would be ok to make 12 different months schedule but I cannot select the schedule by month. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ronnie
    You can tie schedules to sunrise and sunset times, then randomize the light only when it is within the schedule.

Alternately you can build 12 schedules and a master schedule. Then you can use the action to "Set schedule to another schedule" to load one of the 12 into the master. Your event would use the master schedule, so when you load a new schedule into the master, the event timing changes. I use that method on a number of schedules.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

... I made a device that simulates TV by flashing 40 led lights (Arduino and LEDs) ...
      Ronnie - I've been wanting to build one of those "fake TV" thingys for a while now. If you wouldn't mind telling me how you did it or point me towards some instructions on how to do it I (and possibly others) would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay answering your question. Here is the link to the instructions to make the Fake TV using Arduino:
        https://learn.adafruit.com/fake-tv-l...arduino-sketch I used a Arduino Uno and the adafruit 40 led matrix. I also used the adafruit enclosure for the Arduino. I purchased the smoke enclosure and had to cut out the area where the leds are an replaced it with plexi-glass but the clear enclosure might do the trick. It is all powered by an external 5vdc 800mah wall transformer.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay answering your question. Here is the link to the instructions to make the Fake TV using Arduino:
          https://learn.adafruit.com/fake-tv-l...arduino-sketch I used a Arduino Uno and the adafruit 40 led matrix. I also used the adafruit enclosure for the Arduino. I purchased the smoke enclosure and had to cut out the area where the leds are an replaced it with plexi-glass but the clear enclosure might do the trick. It is all powered by an external 5vdc 800mah wall transformer.
          Thanks!
          Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
          X