Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Best way to set up triggers at several different times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Best way to set up triggers at several different times?

I have been using HomeSeer virtual device triggers to change set points on my Trane (Nexia) thermostats. The virtual devices turn on at specific times of the day or when the security system is armed stay or armed away. I've written about this before: My applets usually run when they are supposed to. However, my IFTTT activity log has a multitude of "applet failed" at random times. So, I have decided to try Spud's plugin and I hope I won't see the huge list of "applet failed" with applets using this plugin. I got it installed and have set up an event to trigger at a specific time. It worked fine. Now, I want to set up the rest of the time triggers of 5:30 AM, 8:00 AM, etc.; as well as triggers of "armed away," "armed stay." Is it correct that I need to set up a different DropBox folder for each trigger or is there a different way to do this? Thanks. Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

if your IFTTT action is always the same (i.e you only have one applet that turns on the thermostat) then you can have all your homeseer events writing to the same dropbox folder, otherwise you need different folders.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      if your IFTTT action is always the same (i.e you only have one applet that turns on the thermostat) then you can have all your homeseer events writing to the same dropbox folder, otherwise you need different folders.
      Thank you.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
      X