No announcement yet.

Jon00 HTML to Image Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vb.net uses IE as its web browser component so you will need to find out why Homeseer's css is being blocked. I would suggest it is still related to using IE on Windows server and security restrictions. I have an old pc with IE8 installed and Homeseer's pages display fine on that.
    Jon

Comment

OK. Thanks for your tips. I will try to find out what's blocking.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

I have been using it in the past to capture the charts of the HS3 Third Party Current Cost. Now when I re-enable the event, the png is blank (I tried with the Capture2Image as well which captures the toolbar and status bar but not the content). It must be related to a browser setting related to Javascript but so far could not figure out which one (on Windows 7).

Any idea which Windows 7 or IE setting needs to be changed to get it to work as well?

Note: when I display the generated HTML from "the HS3 Third Party Current Cost" it is displayed in the IE browser.

Comment

I don't really have an answer. As this uses the Web Browser control, it uses IE (and its settings) to do the capture. The fact it worked before is a mystery.
          Jon

Comment

Is there a way too trace or debug it?

Comment

Jon, I use the HTML to Image Utility in conjunction with your Virtual Device Graphing Utility. This allow me to build images that can be displayed in HSTouch.

The device that I am creating a image if is this...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	hsdevice2435.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1192148

However when I create a image of it, it looks like this...

Name:	capture03sumppump2.png
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	1192149

It looks like it has wrapped it somehow.

This is the code that I am using in the configuration file
              Code:
              [Capture3]
              URL=deviceref 2435
              DeviceBGColor=
              ImagePath=<hspath>\html\images\BJD\Jon00HTML2ImageHS3\capture03sumppump2.png
              crop=
              WBWidth=
              WBHeight=
              Delay=
              I have tried increasing the width and also using crop but I end up with the same wrapped image.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
              Billy

Comment

Hi Billy,

I may have restricted the width to 300px as that is the maximum width of the area allocated in the device management page.

See if this works:

Open up Custom.css found in your html\css folder.

Add the following at the top below the remarks:

Code:
                .html2image {
                min-width:800px;
                }
                Does that do anything?
                Jon

Comment

Hey Jon, thanks for the suggestion.

It did not produce any change.
                  Billy

Comment

Until I find time to look at this, would you please use web page builder to display/capture the device.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      Until I find time to look at this, would you please use web page builder to display/capture the device.
                      Believe it or not, I tried using the web page builder to program to display the value and it does the same thing. The web page build displays the device just fine, however the same wrapping effect happens...

Actually I use the web page builder all the time to display devices and capture them for display into HSTouch, this is the only one that i have had an issue with.

The web page builder is a great tool, we have used it to build a series of pages that can show information at a glace while on the local network. My wife uses it as her primary source of home information and to control a few devices. We have a number of views...

Name:	hswebpagebuilderhome.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1192178
                      Billy

Comment

OK, that implies the issue lies with the graphing utility. I'll add a new html table around the graph so that you can set the overall width and background colour.
                        Jon

Comment

Ah cool, that should work.

Thanks, let me know if you want me to test anything
                          Billy

Comment

Please try V1.0.5 of my Virtual Device Graphing now available on my site.
                            Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon, I tried the new version and get the same result. Could this issue have anything to do with using Zoom=2 in the Jon00VDGraphingHS3.ini configuration file for this item?
                              Billy

Comment

what value did you enter for the tablewidth setting?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X