www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Plug-ins > Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Discussion > AirplaySpeak

AirplaySpeak This plug-in is a Speak Proxy which allows Homeseer to route annoucements to AirPlay capable devices such as an AirPort Express

Old October 11th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Seer

Help I get the Error on Startup

I would really like to use this airplay plugin but I keep getting this error on startup. I am running HS2

10/11/2017 8:35:39 PM - Error - Initializing interface: AirplaySpeak->HSPI::InitIO: Failed to init: Exception: System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider( ) at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.SpeakerDiscoverer.Start() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.SpeakerManager..ctor() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.AirplaySpeakApp.Init() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.HSPI.InitIO(Int64 port)

Any help?
Old October 11th, 2017, 09:46 PM

you need to install Bonjour on your HS2 machine
Old October 12th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Seer

Ok But i do have itunes loaded on the same PC and it airplay just fine.

Ok But i do have itunes loaded on the same PC and it airplay just fine. i did try that link that was provided on the plugin forum to download Bonjour but it took me to some drop box install wired. do you know where to get Bonjour. i do a web search on it and find the info on it but never a download link.
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:40 PM

if iTunes is running on your HS PC, Bonjour should be already installed and running

The dll Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Bonjour.dll may be missing or corrupted. Make sure it is in your HS directory.

Curious, why do you still use HS2?
Old October 12th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Seer

Awesome

OK even though iTunes was installed and work with airplay I did not see bonjour in the programs list like I did on my other PCs. So I looked around and I found the bonjour print services also bundled the other stuff needed for Zero configuration. Downloaded and installed and now it works perfect with all my devices. I donít know why it didnít install with iTunes. All I can say is awesome great job.

Well reason Iím on HS2 is purely financial reasons. Iím a divorced man paying lots of child support and also in bankruptcy. I would kill to have HS3 pro every time I think I can get it something always happens. I mean there are some Weeks near the end of the pay period That I have to take days off just because I donít have the gas money To go to work so I have to make do. you donít know how bad I wonít HS3 pro. I have been using Homeseer for 15 to 20 years I wrote a lot of scripts for the Nivu s-link Back in the day when CDs were popular. All I can do now is just dream of HS3. Maybe why I got divorced spending so much time With HS But anyway great job on this plug-in I plan on putting it to good use I can see so many possibilities. I appreciate your hard work and quick responses a lot of thanks to you.