Charts Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for great charts!

I have a problem using the RFXCOM optical pulse counter for power usage.
    My power meter flashes 10,000 times / kWh, which means the counter is rolled over once a week or so. The result is a huge negative indication on the chart for that period (see picture).

Does anyone have a good solution for overcoming this problem?
    Thanks!

/aeklo
    Attached Files

Comment

First I thought you had to set Divide By but that has been set already.

You would need a divider in the RFXPulse. Contact rfxcom support to check if there is a possibility for this.

Comment

Same with power outage.

I do have the same problem with my 2 RFXPwr sensors after every power outage. I actually wanted to ask Bert and Paul if there would be a way to fix this reset. I kind of kill the point of measuring my monthly consumption and comparing to my electricity bill. (We have power outage AT LEAST once a month....
        Attached Files

Comment

Marty,

Perhaps I am just being stupid here, but I don't quite understand the problem.

Why would a power outage cause this?

If we have a power outage for say 4 hours, then all that happens is that the chart has some empty columns during the outage period.

I can see this problem occuring if the latest database record is less than the previous record, but this should not happen, should it?

Perhaps Bert can confirm this, but I thought if the RFXPwr rolls over, then you add a calibration value to the device and the DeviceValue will take this into account.

When the recording to the database is done, the value is taken from the DeviceValue.

I did have a problem with my RFXPulse for Gas about a week ago where it went mad. The value went from about 1600 to 80000 and every time the device was updated, there was a counter rollover message. i had to delete and re-add the device to fix it.

I don't know why this happened, but the meter had stopped right on a pulse (led on RFXMETER was on).

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by wimaware View Post
            Hi Paul,

I've got a simmular problem as Simon (some posts ago). In the graphical text of the weather page, the daily, monthly and year rate is not displayed. You mentioned "if propperly set in the config" but can't find that part of the settings. Do you have a clue ?

Wil
            Wil,

I tried to contact you by email to try and resolve this issue, but the email address I have for you just keeps bouncing back.

If you want to contact me, then I will he happy to help you.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              Marty,

Perhaps I am just being stupid here, but I don't quite understand the problem.

Why would a power outage cause this?

If we have a power outage for say 4 hours, then all that happens is that the chart has some empty columns during the outage period.

I can see this problem occuring if the latest database record is less than the previous record, but this should not happen, should it?

Perhaps Bert can confirm this, but I thought if the RFXPwr rolls over, then you add a calibration value to the device and the DeviceValue will take this into account.

When the recording to the database is done, the value is taken from the DeviceValue.

I did have a problem with my RFXPulse for Gas about a week ago where it went mad. The value went from about 1600 to 80000 and every time the device was updated, there was a counter rollover message. i had to delete and re-add the device to fix it.

I don't know why this happened, but the meter had stopped right on a pulse (led on RFXMETER was on).

Paul..
              Hi Paul,
              The problem is exactly what you said. During every power outage the RFXPwr starts counting from 0 and thus you end up with values like 4535, 4538, 0, 2, ... in database.
              Maybe Bert can help but if I remember correctly somebody asked about it long long time ago and Bert said that this is the way the RFXPwr works.
              Marty

Comment

The RFXPower counter is reset at a power outage but the RFXMeter should keep the counter value.

Do you have an RFXPower or an RFXMeter with RFXPwr?

Comment

Marty,

Pardon me for my ignorance on the RFXPower device. I have the RFXPwr which saves its counter value after a power off.

I was not aware that it went back to zero after a power off. I suppose this means that your Homeseer device also goes back to zero after a power off.

Perhaps I can do something to resolve this. Maybe I can always check the last database record and update the device if necessary or something similar.

Paul..

Comment

You guys are correct. I should be more precise. I just checked the old invoice and indeed I do have 2 x 60081 RFXPower 120V modules (bought in Feb 2007) and not the3 RFXPwr as I thought.
                    I apologize for the confusion. Is there anything I can do about that?
                    Thanks
                    Marty

Comment

Marty,

The RFXPower can not be changed.
                      The RFXMeter with the RFXPwr has been improved compared to the RFXPower:
                      - the function to save the counters in non-volatile memory when the power drops
                      - the power is measured in steps of 1 watt/Hr (RFXPower measures in steps of 10 watt/Hr)
                      - up to 3 RFXPwr or RFXPulse modules can be installed in the RFXMeter.

If you need more details you can contact support so that this thread can be continued for RFXCharts.

Bert

Comment

You guys are correct. I should be more precise. I just checked the old invoice and indeed I do have 2 x 60081 RFXPower 120V modules (bought in Feb 2007) and not the3 RFXPwr as I thought.
                        I apologize for the confusion. Is there anything I can do about that?
                        Thanks
                        Marty
                        Marty,
                        I don't have experience with the RFXPower devices. I suppose the Homeseer device also goes to zero when you have a power outage.

If you use RFX Charts, Then I should quite easily be able to add a feature to cater for this problem.

Would you be willing to test it?

Paul..

Comment

Paul,
                          of course I'd test it. The only problem would be that I'd have to wait for another power outage... Still it would be worth it. In these difficult time, I can't justify money for the new RFXMeter.
                          Thanks for the help!
                          Marty

Comment

OK Marty,

I will PM you my email address and we can take it from there.

Paul..

Comment

my HS system just crashed due to stupid seagate firmware bug.. I had to rebuild HS..
                              i reinstalled the charts and I got this error.
                              Version change detected.

Version update detected. A file structure update may be required. Database files will be backed up with .mdbr extensions. Click Update Now to proceed.

NOTE: Auto-Startup of sesnor logging has been disabled because an update is pending. After the update is
                              finished, sensor logging will need to be re-started manually. Auto startup will be effective on the next Homeseer re-start.
                              when i click update.. nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by purezerg View Post
                                my HS system just crashed due to stupid seagate firmware bug.. I had to rebuild HS..
                                i reinstalled the charts and I got this error.
                                Version change detected.

Version update detected. A file structure update may be required. Database files will be backed up with .mdbr extensions. Click Update Now to proceed.

NOTE: Auto-Startup of sesnor logging has been disabled because an update is pending. After the update is
                                finished, sensor logging will need to be re-started manually. Auto startup will be effective on the next Homeseer re-start.
                                when i click update.. nothing happens.
                                Did you do a complete re-install of Homeseer and the RFXCOM plug-in?

This error looks ike it is caused by an invalid RFX_Charts.ini file entry.

If you did a complete re-install, then the upgrade message would have been different.

Also, can you tell me if there is anything in the HS log after you click the update now button.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X