This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    I consistently get an error trying a 'reset & reprogram interface' (error report attached). I suspect this could be normal since the hub's embedded PLM primarily belongs to the hub. Mark?
    I'll have to try that feature and report back
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      You will need manually register the devices. I can't support two installations at once.
      I'm probably missing something...

My goal is to have my devices report local control to HS in my VM test instance as well as my production environment. My assumptions are:
      1- that 'reporting local control to HS' simply means defining the PLM (hub or 2413U) as a controler to all these devices
      2- that this is accomplished using 'Program device for HomeSeer'
      3- that each PLM (hub and 2413U) will receive local control messages from the devices independently of each other

If I'm on Q so far, what I am looking for is an expedited way to do 'Program device for HomeSeer' on all 43 devices in one swoop: does your plugin in some way facilitate this?

You will need manually register the devices...
      I've copied my config over to my VM instance of HS, so my (other) assumption is that my devices would get registered by doing a 'reset and reprogram interface' but that didn't go too well (other post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=73)

Comment

claude,
        did you try the Update Interface Database. this programs the plm database without the reset
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

claude,
          did you try the Update Interface Database. this programs the plm database without the reset
          The update is the first thing I tried. It said it completed successfully , but I don't see any links with the hub PLM. As an example, here's one of my devices (Switchlinc)
          Device Link Table

<TABLE dir=ltr border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=623><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=middle width="7%">Link #1

</TD><TD vAlign=middle width="93%">Switch/Load controls Unregistered Device (13.AF.75)

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=middle width="7%">Link #2

</TD><TD vAlign=middle width="93%">Switch/Load is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 254 (13.AF.75) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Warning: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device. Please add the unknown device to your system if possible. This is ok since I don't want my production PLM (13.AF.75) flushed: it drives my production environment

Warning: This Insteon device has no links with the HomeSeer interface, so it can not respond to the ALL DEVICES group commands sent by HomeSeer. Please use the 'Program Device for Homeseer' function. This puzzles me as I can still send individual commands to devices

Warning: This Insteon device has no master links with the HomeSeer interface, so it can not report local control changes to HomeSeer. Please use the 'Program Device for Homeseer' function.
          This one is the reason for this post

I tried a 'Program device for HomeSeer' on one particular device and that got the local control reporting to HS, so I assume it is possible to report local control to 2 PLM's.

So, should the 'Update Interface Database' normally be able to assign device local control reporting to HS ? Or do I have to go the long way and do a 'Program device for HomeSeer' on each of my 43 devices ?

Comment

claude,
            the easiest way to get your setup working is to run the 'program device for homeseer' on each device. this will add the necessary hub links and device links back to the hub

these new links will not interfere with the existing device inks
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark: did you get a chance to check out the 'reset interface' ?

All: BTW, it takes about 30 seconds in a VM to 'program device for HomeSeer' on the hub PLM. Guys: what kind of timing do you get?

Comment

Off topic - Hub goes wild

I was playing around with the hub and it started beeping, the light went flashing green for a while than back to normal blue. App or FW update?

By the way, the owner manual is out on SmartHome... don't waste your time...

Mark: thanks for your involvement since you took over this plugin, which has progressed tremendously, and your continued support.

Happy (soon to be) new year !

Comment

All: BTW, it takes about 30 seconds in a VM to 'program device for HomeSeer' on the hub PLM. Guys: what kind of timing do you get?
                  i posted 1.8.2.3 on the 1.8.0.8 thread.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156933

it fixes the hub reset issue you had.
                  Last edited by mnsandler; December 30, 2012, 07:36 PM.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i posted 1.8.2.3 on the 1.8.0.8 thread.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156933

it fixes the hub reset issue you had.
                    Just tried it, thanks, it completed successfully.

I have to say I have previously gone ahead doing 'Program device with HomeSeer' on all my devices individually.

Comment

Two things to look at relating to groups:
                      1. I did a mass reprogram of groups and got three error messages, attached.
                      2. If I go to groups, add new group, I get a partial screen with the group name and group location fields, and nothing else.

Not sure if the new version deals with these or not, I am using v1.8.0.9
                      Attached Files
                      Paul

Comment

Actually, I think it took about that for me in a VM also. Also, I noticed that it took about 20 mins to program a group of 14 devices.

Comment

Because of the number of events tied to groups and devices, I did a program Replacement / Swapped Interface the Hub (27 devices). I think it took 10 minutes. I noted the devices with problems and revisited. Another half hour of touching up specific devices and reprogram groups and testing everything.
                          Programming devices for homeseer seems to take a lot less time for me, around 5 seconds.

Other things that work:

I use the Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb at plugin initialization to control 2 ezfloras. This continues to work properly.

Bidirectional X10 with preset dims works correctly as well for 2 RCS X10 Stats. I think this is about as complex as it gets for X10
                          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                            Two things to look at relating to groups:
                            1. I did a mass reprogram of groups and got three error messages, attached.
                            2. If I go to groups, add new group, I get a partial screen with the group name and group location fields, and nothing else.

Not sure if the new version deals with these or not, I am using v1.8.0.9
                            Not sure what's up with the groups.

are you still having problems viewing the groups and definition? the new version doesn't address anything related to groups

Happy New Year
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Not sure what's up with the groups.

are you still having problems viewing the groups and definition? the new version doesn't address anything related to groups

Happy New Year
                              i think the problem is related to the groups that are controlled by the plm insteon id which has changed with the hub. I don't think there is anything to fix here.

did the problem go away after to the interface swap/replace
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yeh I think this may be self inflicted. I will kill the groups and recreate.

in other news, the signallinc got me into the 90s for everything and mostly 100s as you have said before. Its advertised x10 performance is less than the capacitors and passive couplers I had,..had to put them back in.

Happy new year to you as well.
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X