This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be sure I understand this thread correctly:

Homeseer events can turn on lights etc AND send actions to the harmony hub. Yes?

But, the harmony remote can't play a movie AND dim the lights?

I would like my setup to work both ways as that would be true integration and use of the money invested in it!

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
      To be sure I understand this thread correctly:

Homeseer events can turn on lights etc AND send actions to the harmony hub. Yes?

I would like my setup to work both ways as that would be true integration and use of the money invested in it!
      Yes correct !!!

However the Harmony can dim the light they support themselves, like HUE. But that works independent of the HomeSeer system.
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Can you use IFTTT to connect the two?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post

The Harmony remote can trigger 'Activities' (watch movie, watch pc, listen to music, etc) which will show up on HS3 through this plugin, and you can use that to trigger events.

(The other way also works, where HS3 triggers the change of activities).
          HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by vv7 View Post
            For the love of god, can you allow the Harmony Remote to control Homeseer? This seems like the #1 most important request... I am shocked it only goes from Homeseer to the Harmony, and not Harmony to Homeseer.
            I just added a harmony hub this Christmas (Thanks honey!) and found that the ha-bridge software I installed for the Amazon Echo ALSO allows the Harmony to control Homeseer devices.

The ha-bridge install instructions are in this post:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=11

And I had added a couple of lights to test with the Echo (work's great, and on "ask Homeseer to.. prefix"). Imagine my delight when the Harmony setup discovered them and allowed me to map them to the remote buttons.

Sweet!

Just thought I'd share in case anyone wanted this functionality. Its a no cost solution, took me maybe 20 minutes to setup a couple of lights.

Now off to try this hub plugin...

Comment

Terry, that's great new about the HA bridge. I'll have a go at setting it up tonight.

Rien, I'm with Moskus on the HS devices for physical devices that the hub can control. I know this can be done using events (e.g. set AVR to Input 1 etc). But it would be very nice to see these devices on the HS devices page and send discrete commands. Like to GlobalCache dropdown the Moskus illustrated. I imagine this would make HS Touch projects much easier too. Basically it would allow users to make thier own remote using HS Touch.

An example usage would be:
              I have left the harmony remote in another room but I want to change the volume on the AVR.
              I can pick up a HS Touch screen and control the AVR easily from there, effectively replacing the harmony remote. HS touch would be used to 'replace' the harmony remote.

I know you can do this from the Harmony App. But an 'intergarted' option would be much nicer rather than using the remote, the app, hs touch, a yamaha app etc etc. Currently my automation control is spread over a few different methods of control.

Regards, Marty.
              iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                Rien, I'm with Moskus on the HS devices for physical devices that the hub can control. I know this can be done using events (e.g. set AVR to Input 1 etc). But it would be very nice to see these devices on the HS devices page and send discrete commands. Like to GlobalCache dropdown the Moskus illustrated. I imagine this would make HS Touch projects much easier too. Basically it would allow users to make thier own remote using HS Touch.

An example usage would be:
                I have left the harmony remote in another room but I want to change the volume on the AVR.
                I can pick up a HS Touch screen and control the AVR easily from there, effectively replacing the harmony remote. HS touch would be used to 'replace' the harmony remote.

I know you can do this from the Harmony App. But an 'intergarted' option would be much nicer rather than using the remote, the app, hs touch, a yamaha app etc etc. Currently my automation control is spread over a few different methods of control.
                Ok, I will put it on the list. I'm having thought in that direction myself lately too

Don't know when I have the time to start with it yet however.
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                  Ok, I will put it on the list. I'm having thought in that direction myself lately too
                  Having just bought my fourth Hub, this almost brought me to tears by happiness!
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    I just got my first Harmony Hub, and it's really one of the important thing missing from my setup. This plugin is awesome!

2: Devices for... errr... devices
                    Make devices for the Harmony controlled Devices as well, not only Activities. This would help control the Hub from HStouch and the HS device management page.
                    Would like to see devices with control buttons...

Thanks
                    DEM

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                      Would like to see devices with control buttons...

Thanks
                      DEM
                      Is a dropdownlist with IR command for devices okay? Or is there any reason to have buttons? Dropdownlist is much 'cleaner'
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I agree with Moskus. Wants buttons to control devices too.

Comment

Yes drop down would be great,, it would be nice if one could also pick the single device commands in events and / or scripts..

Thanks for all the hard work...

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                            it would be nice if one could also pick the single device commands in events and / or scripts..

Dave
                            You can already do that. You just can't do it interactively from a device control.

Comment

New version with:

- Hub devices and commands
                              - Ability to name your hub.

Wil be posted later today. Have to do some final tests first.
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

New version is now in the updater!!!
                                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                                The Netherlands