Unable to get icons in device status screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to get icons in device status screen

I have just started to upgrade from hs2 to hs3 and i am using the Omnistat 3 plugin. The plugin showed up in device management just fine and I was able to setup the thermostat just like i did in hs2. I have the RCS-80 thermostat serial. I am making a floor plan and in the tab for Device Status I only see two of all of the status showing. I am using the main floor wall mount for location. I have deleted the thermostat and reinstalled with no help. I would like the status icons to show up on the main floor. Any ideas?
    Dave...

Current Date/Time: 12/18/2015 3:38:00 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 3 Hours 4 Minutes 6 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.119
    Number of Devices: 118
    Number of Events: 28

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.4.0: BLGarbage
    3.2.0.0: Omnistat 3
    30.0.0.29: RFXCOM
    3.0.0.39: weatherXML
    3.0.0.36: X10
    3.0.1.25: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

Dave,
    I don't use the Device Status Screen. I looked in the help file but didn't see a reference to it. Maybe you or someone else could point me to where it is documented. I need to know what criteria HomeSeer uses to determine whether or not to display a device on the screen. Given that information I can check into this further.

Comment

Device Status screen

I could not find it in the help guide. In the HS3 webinar it shows how to place the icons in each room when the device is created. What is strange is that two of the devices showed up in my main floor but the others did not. For now I have made a virtual device with events to show the status.

Comment

I have six devices that show up:
        The thermostat root
        The model
        Last Week Run Hours
        Current Occupancy
        Day Cool Setpoint
        Night Cool Setpoint

You may have fewer because you didn't select some of the devices i.e. Occupancy Mode.

I'll check the code and see if I can find any differences in device definition i.e. Why does Last Week Run Hours show up but This Week Run Hours doesn't?

Comment

I have found the difference. If the Device API is set to Thermostat, the device will not show up.

You may have better luck using HS3Touch for what you are trying to accomplish.

Comment

That is probably why it looks as though the device api is thermostat_1. I did have them set in the omnistat plugin. I have attached a screen shot. The root and last weeks run hours showed up but the others did not. I do have the virtual devices working ok and showing up though. If you find anything let me know. Thanks Dave....
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X