Cloud help new 960

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud help new 960

Anyone have any pointers or tips on getting the new roomba to connect to the irobot Cloud? I set it up around 15hours ago put it on the dock, I can connect and use the robot on the local network but cloud service is not avaible, I can't force a software update (its on 1.6.4) I can't control away from the house. Support wasnt helpful and told me to wait another 24hours which doesnt sound normal to me.

Anyone have this problem is 24hours of waiting to connect to cloud normal?

I dont have any craxy firewall settings but i do run unifi USG and AP's. I have rebooted talked to support and reinstalled the phone app and more.

Here is some pics of my problem.
    Attached Files

Comment

I was lucky.... after starting the Roomba app I chose to check for updates immediatly (980 btw) and I had to wait 13 hours before the Roomba was updated... Yes the wait is just very long!

Wim

*edit* The birthday is not yet filled... that suggests the initialisation did not finish properly. Maybe restart the connection process?
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I have started over several times. There seems to be some issue getting it to the internet. Local works fine, but i can't control it when i'm away. iRobot also says they can't not see it online on their side. But I know I have internet here and I know it's on the network fine.

Comment

Ok, am afraid I cannot help much there... I needed two tries to send my wifi config to the roomba, but after that it connected. Did not pay attention to what port it might be using so far.
          It is not possible that the ip the roomba is using is blocked for internet on your router maybe? Or that there might be other restrictions on the router for internal ip's?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

It appears it took two days for them to find out there really is a cloud outage and they have now fixed it. My unit hasn't update but now functions on the cloud and says an update has been requested and will take a few hours. So hopefully I can get it working.

Next will be trying to get the info I need from Dorita980

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
              It appears it took two days for them to find out there really is a cloud outage and they have now fixed it. My unit hasn't update but now functions on the cloud and says an update has been requested and will take a few hours. So hopefully I can get it working.

Next will be trying to get the info I need from Dorita980
              I don't know what your os is, I am using Windows here. Installed Nodejs and Git for Windows and installed dorita980 according to the instructions. That was all that was to it, got my info and added it to the plugin. Was not really difficult
              Succes!!

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                I don't know what your os is, I am using Windows here. Installed Nodejs and Git for Windows and installed dorita980 according to the instructions. That was all that was to it, got my info and added it to the plugin. Was not really difficult
                Succes!!

Wim
                I did the same, but I'm at work. So now I need to get it home and tested it out on my wifi at home. With anyluck a bit of setup Homeseer should see it. Not sure if that user and password always the same with the roomba or if I will have to run it again.

Comment

I did have to run dorita at home as the password changed.

But its all updated and working homeseer now. Need to do more testing but 960 atleast accepts commands.

Comment

Good to hear... that means the 960 is working to with this plugin

I have the 980 here, did not yet change passwords... hoping it will never change...

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                    X