Not so smart homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
    I have a saying: I want my automation to have the capability to wipe my (rearend) -- but have the good sense not to try ...
    might I suggest https://www.amazon.com/MS970CEMFG-01...s=washlet+toto
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I'm gelous, I need to admit, not sure what kind of logic you have build into to automate lights and other devices using motion and etc. Can you make an example on how you do that? My logic is this, motion and light in the bedroom, night come, I enter the room light goes on via the motion sensor, other are sleeping, I will wake them up. How you take that under consideration?

Thanks,
      Aldo

By the way, someone suggested Ai, I think is great idea, that really will be home smart. It would be a plugin that will connect to Amazon aws and run the prediction in real time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
        Can it be controlled by z-wave? I thought turning the lights off on folks in the can was fun (setters, not pointers) but having the commode pee warm water back at them would be AMAZING!
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          I'm gelous, I need to admit, not sure what kind of logic you have build into to automate lights and other devices using motion and etc. Can you make an example on how you do that? My logic is this, motion and light in the bedroom, night come, I enter the room light goes on via the motion sensor, other are sleeping, I will wake them up. How you take that under consideration?

Thanks,
          Aldo

By the way, someone suggested Ai, I think is great idea, that really will be home smart. It would be a plugin that will connect to Amazon aws and run the prediction in real time.

More sensors. You need "bed occupancy sensor", weight, pressure etc... When that is triggered then the motion being tripped triggers a different event. It could even be based on who is sleeping on what side of the bed. Basically it would take a lot of events to cover the many different scenarios (mostly based on time) when the sensors are tripped.

I think in order for lighting to be AI, your house needs to know how many people are in and where they are. If you're a bachelor it'd be easy, wherever you move lights turn on and shut off behind you. With two people it changes things and with three and so on. Also when one is sleeping and the other isn't, or if one is watching TV and the other isn't, one is showering or in the washroom, working in the garage etc...

I'm going to be writing a ton of events once I get my motion sensors up as I have a lot of devices that can be controlled, but the AI part of it is all from the sensors and ultimately controlling those devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
            More sensors. You need "bed occupancy sensor", weight, pressure etc... When that is triggered then the motion being tripped triggers a different event. It could even be based on who is sleeping on what side of the bed. Basically it would take a lot of events to cover the many different scenarios (mostly based on time) when the sensors are tripped.

I think in order for lighting to be AI, your house needs to know how many people are in and where they are. If you're a bachelor it'd be easy, wherever you move lights turn on and shut off behind you. With two people it changes things and with three and so on. Also when one is sleeping and the other isn't, or if one is watching TV and the other isn't, one is showering or in the washroom, working in the garage etc...

I'm going to be writing a ton of events once I get my motion sensors up as I have a lot of devices that can be controlled, but the AI part of it is all from the sensors and ultimately controlling those devices.
            Three people in the bed... yes, that brings up interesting challenges for automation, as well as other things.
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post

Thanks,
              Aldo

How about a bed occupancy sensor? http://www.mysmarthomeblog.com/page--15.html

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                Can it be controlled by z-wave? I thought turning the lights off on folks in the can was fun (setters, not pointers) but having the commode pee warm water back at them would be AMAZING!
                It does come with a remote....

Comment

Working...
                X