Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Rob. Updated fine today to V.26.

Only thing noticed was a missing GIF file....

[ATTACH]67619[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by Pete; March 21, 2018, 09:10 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Thank you Rob. Updated fine today to V.26.

Only thing noticed was a missing GIF file....

[ATTACH]67619[/ATTACH]
      Ah thanks. That is from the new developer portal.i think I can fix that!

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Guys - Any feedback on the dimming issue? I'd like to cross that one off my list for good if it's resolved

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Guys - Any feedback on the dimming issue? I'd like to cross that one off my list for good if it's resolved
          Hey Rob,

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test the dimming. I can say that a lot of progress has been made on it. It works but the values I have when asking Alexa to Dim to 85% are off by one. Some like 50% work fine. Seems like a rounding error thing. I didn't delete a test device and recreate it to try to see if you modified the default values yet. Any idea why some values are offset by 1? I will not be home until later to test. If all values translate from Alexa to the PI exactly, can you show me a dimming device values pic so I can compare?

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
            Hey Rob,

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test the dimming. I can say that a lot of progress has been made on it. It works but the values I have when asking Alexa to Dim to 85% are off by one. Some like 50% work fine. Seems like a rounding error thing. I didn't delete a test device and recreate it to try to see if you modified the default values yet. Any idea why some values are offset by 1? I will not be home until later to test. If all values translate from Alexa to the PI exactly, can you show me a dimming device values pic so I can compare?

-Travis
            I'll check on my system tonight and report back.

Comment

Hi Rob, I'm afraid I can't report much success yet. I just got 3.0.2.6 loaded and disabled/re-enabled the plugin.

Don't have the time or patience to spend with it right now, but first I notice that the system devices (like AC power) still show last update times of last Nov. Pulling AC power results in a console report in a minute or 2, but HS3 does not see it at all. So that problem is still with me. The log does show an AC Power Trouble Cleared message, but no Trouble Now, and my events for this did not trigger. Now I see that the battery is reporting 0 volts in the device list, update time just before my simulated power fault.

Second, the dimmer sliders in HS3 now see to work as expected in the GUI, no more jumping up or down. However, they do not control my lights properly. I can see in the log that they are sending light level commands as I think you mentioned somewhere, but as I said in my experiment with lights, my lights do not respond to level commands, only to on, off, dim, brighten commands. So if the lights are turned on manually, HS3 OFF command will turn them off. That's about it, and the ON command now does nothing. Oddly enough, I turned on 2 lights manually, then turned off one via HS3 GUI, and BOTH went off! But the slider still showed 42%, although the light bulb symbol in GUI disappeared for that light! (and it is set up properly to always show) Turned both on again, and then one off with PC Access, and only the selected one goes off. So something strange there as well.

I will look at all the settings for the lights, and maybe remove/readd some, later.

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm..something is not allowing tracking to work properly with my UPB lights anymore with this version. The last two days I am coming home to the porch and garage overhead lights on. Whatever it is is causing the HAI SnapLink iphone app to lose sync with the lights as well as they think they are off but they are on. That means that even the HAI panel is confused about the status.
                The only time I usually have lost tracking in the past is by issuing rapid UPB switch changes from the app or light paddles. I will not have time to deep troubleshooting until late next week to recreate the issue if possible.

-Travis

Comment

I am using with 3 ACL and they show up in HS but status is always reported as Unlocked. If I make changes in HS they show up in PC Access, but not the other way around. Nothing shows up in the log when changing in PC Access or the lock.
                  I upgraded to v3.0.2.6 but still having the same problem with the ACL's, their status is not updated in HS. Here is a log excerpt:

Code:
                  3/23/2018 10:59:31 PM [2] [-->LOCK: 0 / LOCKED]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:31 PM [2] [-->LOCK: 0 0/-]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:31 PM [2] [-->LOCK:]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:31 PM [2] [---->AccessControlLock]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:31 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:31 PM [2] [Lock: 3]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:31 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[90] CC.ControlValue=[255]]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:26 PM [2] [-->LOCK: 1 / UNLOCKED]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:26 PM [2] [-->LOCK: 0 0/-]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:26 PM [2] [-->LOCK:]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:26 PM [2] [---->AccessControlLock]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:26 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:25 PM [2] [UnLock: 3]
                  3/23/2018 10:59:25 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[90] CC.ControlValue=[0]]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:28 PM [2] [-->LOCK: 0 / LOCKED]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:28 PM [2] [-->LOCK: 0 0/-]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:28 PM [2] [-->LOCK:]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:28 PM [2] [---->AccessControlLock]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:28 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:23 PM [2] [-->LOCK: 1 / UNLOCKED FOR 0:00:05]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:23 PM [2] [-->LOCK: 0 0/-]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:23 PM [2] [-->LOCK:]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:23 PM [2] [---->AccessControlLock]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:23 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:22 PM [2] [-->LOCK:]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:22 PM [2] [---->AccessControlReader]
                  3/23/2018 10:57:22 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]
                  Also, each time I reboot my HS, the locks are disabled in the OMNI Config settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                    Hmmm..something is not allowing tracking to work properly with my UPB lights anymore with this version. The last two days I am coming home to the porch and garage overhead lights on. Whatever it is is causing the HAI SnapLink iphone app to lose sync with the lights as well as they think they are off but they are on. That means that even the HAI panel is confused about the status.
                    The only time I usually have lost tracking in the past is by issuing rapid UPB switch changes from the app or light paddles. I will not have time to deep troubleshooting until late next week to recreate the issue if possible.

-Travis
                    Hey Rob,

Ok, I know what has changed at this point. Previous to 3.0.2.5 & 3.0.2.6, all of my light switches used the following:

Value 0 = Off
                    Value 1-99 = Dim
                    Value 100 = On

The new version of the plug-in values have changed as such:

Value 0 = Off
                    Value 1-100 = Dim
                    Value 255 = On

I will modify all of my devices to reflect the new value ranges you are using.

Also, this corrects the rounding error created by the scaling of the range so the echo commands are perfect values again.

-Travis
                    Last edited by Daweeze; March 23, 2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

V.26 So far so good!

I performed a total factory reset on the SEL Pro Controller, just in case. I then installed the new Plug-In V.26. Dimming works great! All other functions including thermostats seem to be working with Alexa.

Had some extra time to play with buttons to control music zones. Created buttons in PC-Access for Nuvo On and Nuvo Off for each zone. Then in HomeSeer named them "Room Name Audio" & "Room Name Silent". Command I used with Alexa is "Alexa Turn On "Room Name" Audio" & "Alexa Turn on "Room Name" Silent". Primitive, but it works for turning on and off at a set volume level and source. It would be really nice to have full control of audio.

Question: Is there a way to make HAI buttons toggle? Didn't see a way to set this up in PC-Access.

Thank you for finally getting this plug-in fixed.

System:
                      OMNI PRO II - HomeTroller-SEL PRO - CENTRALITE Elegance XL (48 dimmable loads) (04 Ceiling Fans) (25 non-dimmable loads) - NUVO EG6 (12 Zones)

Comment

Originally posted by uticanpioneer View Post
                        I performed a total factory reset on the SEL Pro Controller, just in case. I then installed the new Plug-In V.26. Dimming works great! All other functions including thermostats seem to be working with Alexa.

Had some extra time to play with buttons to control music zones. Created buttons in PC-Access for Nuvo On and Nuvo Off for each zone. Then in HomeSeer named them "Room Name Audio" & "Room Name Silent". Command I used with Alexa is "Alexa Turn On "Room Name" Audio" & "Alexa Turn on "Room Name" Silent". Primitive, but it works for turning on and off at a set volume level and source. It would be really nice to have full control of audio.

Question: Is there a way to make HAI buttons toggle? Didn't see a way to set this up in PC-Access.

Thank you for finally getting this plug-in fixed.

System:
                        OMNI PRO II - HomeTroller-SEL PRO - CENTRALITE Elegance XL (48 dimmable loads) (04 Ceiling Fans) (25 non-dimmable loads) - NUVO EG6 (12 Zones)
                        Anxiously awaiting audio control. Would think it is fair to pay extra for the plugin to have audio capability. Maybe an Omni+ version for extra bucks?

<style></style>

Comment

Originally posted by Jfree23 View Post
                          Hi Rob, I'm afraid I can't report much success yet. I just got 3.0.2.6 loaded and disabled/re-enabled the plugin.

Don't have the time or patience to spend with it right now, but first I notice that the system devices (like AC power) still show last update times of last Nov. Pulling AC power results in a console report in a minute or 2, but HS3 does not see it at all. So that problem is still with me. The log does show an AC Power Trouble Cleared message, but no Trouble Now, and my events for this did not trigger. Now I see that the battery is reporting 0 volts in the device list, update time just before my simulated power fault.

Second, the dimmer sliders in HS3 now see to work as expected in the GUI, no more jumping up or down. However, they do not control my lights properly. I can see in the log that they are sending light level commands as I think you mentioned somewhere, but as I said in my experiment with lights, my lights do not respond to level commands, only to on, off, dim, brighten commands. So if the lights are turned on manually, HS3 OFF command will turn them off. That's about it, and the ON command now does nothing. Oddly enough, I turned on 2 lights manually, then turned off one via HS3 GUI, and BOTH went off! But the slider still showed 42%, although the light bulb symbol in GUI disappeared for that light! (and it is set up properly to always show) Turned both on again, and then one off with PC Access, and only the selected one goes off. So something strange there as well.

I will look at all the settings for the lights, and maybe remove/readd some, later.

Thanks
                          More success today! First seemed like HS3 had lost track of many Omni devices, even OFF commands didn't work, and I disabled/re-enabled the plug-in again. Then I disabled a few lights and re-enabled them. They now say created by '2.6 plugin, and ON = 255. And now the X-10 lights respond to the on/off buttons in HS3! They do not respond to the slider; as I said those switches only respond to DIM, BRIGHTEN commands, not LEVEL commands and I think you are sending LEVEL. The UPB lights were already working properly, setting up and down to any level yesterday, even via Alexa.

So looks like I'll have to disable/re-enable all my light devices, fix the voice names and locations, or just edit the ON=255, and try them all again. Is it better to just re-enable and let the 2.6 code rebuild them?

Comment

Originally posted by uticanpioneer View Post
                            There is no ON or OFF with buttons, they are just activated. You would have to edit your Events to only turn them on for a second or turn them all off at a certain point or Event. If you have your Event set correctly it shouldn't matter if the Virtual Device is ON or OFF, the Event should still fire.

Comment

Hi Rob, here's my experience, comments, questions on 3.0.2.6 - dimming and Omni core devices:

1. Battery reports 0 V, updated last I enabled plugin. Device built with 2.4
                              2. Omni core devices (freeze, ac, phone, comm, bell, fuse, dcm, codes, OmniIIe itself), all show last update 11/19/17, all built with 2.4. ac status never changes on ac power fail (pull power). phone has shown Trouble on console, never changes in HS3.
                              3. UPB switches - all good! - on, off, dim level, all built w/2.5, I edited ON=255 in status/graphics.
                              4. X10 switches - OK: on, off work, but no response to dimming as they can't use level commands. Some built with 2.4, 2.5, or 2.6; I edited 2.4, 2.5 to ON=255 (2.6 comes up that way)
                              5. X10 appliance module - good: on, off work, cannot dim anyway. Does not seem to be any way to tell panel or HS3 this fact.
                              6. "Is Dimmable" flag in Device Advanced can't be changed. Some are enabled, from 2.5, 2.6 built devices, some are disabled, from 2.4 built devices. Not sure what it really does.

Questions:
                              1. Is it worth removing/readding/setup every device, so gets built with 2.6? Or even uninstall plugin and reinstall so all devices including panel core come up with 2.6? Lot of re-setup work.
                              2. I thought the status/graphics settings only affected the display, so it is surprise that they affect device function. Does it make sense to manually remove the DIM-related entries and lines from all devices that can't dim anyway, or won't dim with current code? Just leave the OFF and ON sections? Is there a better way to make them ON/OFF only?
                              3. Is it even worth considering fixing X10 dimming? Sure it would be nice if it worked, but seems to me current code is "stateless", just sends the requested level command. Code for X10 switches would have to know and depend on current state and decide how to get to the requested level by sending appropriate DIM and BRIGHTEN steps. Very different, complicated, and may not be possible to know true current state for all cases. I'm open on this - nice to have but can live without. I do some X10 dimming in Omni panel level programming. May inspire me to get more UPB switches

Thanks for your hard work on this!
                              John

Comment

Hi Rob,
                                Any news on ACL status updating correctly. I would be willing to help you debug if you let me know what you need.

Comment

Working...
                                X