Questions on Ademco Vista 50P support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
    Thanks for laying out the options - I agree, and am leaning heaily towards using the plugin and the ICM.

It sounds from your description that the ICM is supposed to be connected to the LAN - is that correct? If so, how does it communicate with the Homeseer plugin - via TCP/IP?
    Yep, you got it. The ICM is connected to the keypad bus to connect to the Vista security panel. Then, it has a ethernet connection to put it onto the network. The plug-in uses the network to find the ICM...so no additional connections needed into the PC running HS. You just need to get the ICM on the network.

My ICM is literally just stuck inside the panel itself, then I run my ethernet cable from it to just outside where I have a Netgear WAP sitting on top of the panel. That is the one that will connect into my existing wireless network. This only required that I had one extra plug in the room to plug in the wireless access point.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Regards,
    Chris

Comment

Excellent, thanks. As luck would have it, I have a hardwired network jack just a few feet from the panel, so I'm in perfect shape. I just need to figure out if the ICM works with my current panel (apparently my model number is a "Vista 40-14") and, if not, upgrade the panel.

Thanks for all your help - I will be buying the plugin as soon as I get my ICM.

Regards.

Comment

Heh neet...

: c ) Sweeeet

Comment

I have a new version of the plug-in for those interested. This is version 1.0.1.1. This version fixes a deadlock situation when adding new zones.

You can grab it from here: http://www.shadowguild.com/vistaicm/...icm_latest.zip. The latest one will always have that name, then look in the DOC file for the version information. It's only 24KB, so a quick download.

I think I'm going to move this to the development plug-ins sections as I don't really want to charge people money for this. I just hope people are able to easily find it.

Chris

Comment

just received the nutech.com AD2USB Vista interface

I have a Vista 20se. the device connects directly to the panel like a keypad and then connects to homeseer server via usb (which them presents itself as a virtual com port)

So just using a terminal program (like hyperterminal), i can see the panel activity (ie msgs) and send command to the panel from my desktop, yeh!

this thing is awesome, and at $80, its totally worth checking out.

I understand nutech.com is going to start working on a homeseer plugin as well.

for now i will probably write a simple vb.net script to send cmds, etc. As a test, i wrote a 15-20 lines script to post the alarm msgs to the hs log.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sean,

My ICM died last week and I'm trying to get it repaired by In2Networks, but they are not replying to my emails. So, if I don't hear anything from them, then I may have to either replace it or go with an alternative. So, I have some questions for you on the AD2USB.

Do you have a plug-in for the AD2USB? Also, does the chip have an enclosure to put it in once I run the keybus wires to my rack closet, or do you have a recommendation on how to mount it? If there is a plug-in, how extensible is it in regards to being able to add functionality programmatically?

Then, on the ECP protocol, do you get information about which code was used to disarm/arm the system? This is one thing that I could never get from the ICM and would like to get so that I can know who just came home.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards,
              Chris

Comment

Icm

What happened to your ICM Chris?

Just curious.

John

Comment

Originally posted by airjohn1 View Post
                  What happened to your ICM Chris?
                  I had given it a static IP months ago and never noticed that it had gotten confused until I was going to open it up through the firewall for remote access (well, looking into this anyway). By confused I mean that it wasn't using my static IP, it was using a DHCP address. It was working if I was trying to control the security panel through it (using the DHCP address), but if I would try to go to the Setup it was getting confused and trying to direct me to webpages on the static IP address (which of course didn't exist).

I finally managed to get into the config page through various steps and changed the IP configuration again and saved it out. After this point, the ICM was then stuck in a mode where it is continually rebooting and thus not accessible over the network.

In2Networks has finally responded to my email, so I'm going back and forth with them now on trying to resolve it. I'm worried that I'm out of warranty period or something...

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

I had a similar problem and found an undocumented (at least I couldn't find any info about it) push button on the ICM PC board next to the Ethernet connector. This button released the IP. I also found that if my ICM is connected to a switch (that is daisy chained to my router) I can get a reliable status of my panel, but it must be connected directly to my router to access the config page and the software keypad.

John

Comment

Ah yes, the little red button...I'm quite familiar with that one at this point. I've actually already tried to use it to reset the ICM and to do a factory reset as well. No luck on either account.

Still waiting for In2Networks to respond again.

Chris

Comment

Chris, I have started another post at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...340#post849340 - can you check it? (Not sure how else to contact you, sorry about this...)

Thanks.

Comment

Hay Chris.

Sorry for the delay on your question. For some reason i missed the notification.

I hope to work on a plugin soon. I have the necessary agreements established with homeseer and software to build a plugin but for now I am still ironing out a few features on the device itself and getting a .Net/Mono GUI done first.

As for a case I designed the board to be the same size as the Ademco 5816 and will fit into the bottom half of the 5816 case that can then easily mounted into a panel box or near a computer. The top case cover wont fit unless a hole is cut to allow for the USB connector to protrude but that is not hard to cut on your own.

I have built a mold to cast a bottom case in plastic. I have been sending samples of these to people who order them. They are not prefect but they work : c ).

The newest version of the board has the ability to "SNIFF" out any communication on the keypad bus. It would be possible to decode this and build a keylogger. The issue raises secuirty concerns as you can imagin.

The most recent board also has the ability to use keypads as DISPLAY's I have successfully been able to put messages on any display on the network by spoofing the alarm panel's protocol and sending out a text message to all keypads to display. I think i posted a sample of this on this forum.

On of the issues I will be facing is total code space on the device. I currently have more features than the device can hold at one time. It may be necessary to disable some features for others and if more features are needed multiple devices could be added to the system. Example one for keylogging and display control and another as a virtual keypad to log messages and send keystrokes.

Hope this helps.

Re
                          Sean M

Originally posted by ChrisDunn View Post
                          Sean,

My ICM died last week and I'm trying to get it repaired by In2Networks, but they are not replying to my emails. So, if I don't hear anything from them, then I may have to either replace it or go with an alternative. So, I have some questions for you on the AD2USB.

Do you have a plug-in for the AD2USB? Also, does the chip have an enclosure to put it in once I run the keybus wires to my rack closet, or do you have a recommendation on how to mount it? If there is a plug-in, how extensible is it in regards to being able to add functionality programmatically?

Then, on the ECP protocol, do you get information about which code was used to disarm/arm the system? This is one thing that I could never get from the ICM and would like to get so that I can know who just came home.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards,
                          Chris

Comment

Hi Sean,

Yep that helps. Now, I just have to find out what is happening with my ICM to know what direction I'm going to be going.

Chris

Comment

Chris and Sean,

As you may have seen in another post (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133198) I'm seeing some entries in the ICM log, from Chris' plugin, that suggest that the plugin may not be keeping up with all of the communication on the keypad bus (the log is showing several messages concatenated). Is what I am saying conceivable, or do you think something else might be going on?

I think I can't use the AD2USB concept because my Ademco panel is three stories above where my Homeseer PC is, so I'd love to get the ICM plugin working properly. Is there anything I could do to help move things along? I've never built a Homeseer plugin, and I'm not really a software programmer, but I am a tinkerer and have written some complex scripts in HS - would I be able to understand how a plugin is constructed?

Thanks for any ideas you have.

Jon S.

Comment

Hi Jon,

Will reply in the other thread.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X