This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Venstar T1800 Thermostat with Homeseer

This question is for Mark since he is trying to make the Insteon plugin work for many. (Thanks again for the great work you have done!)

Is there any way to communicate with this thermostat through Homeseer? I bought the Insteon adapter and Access Points and was wondering if there was a way to communicate to it. I tap added it and it came up Unknown Device 0503 0 Firmware 91. When I try to program it with Homeseer it gives me this message:

The link tables and device settings could not be retrieved for your device.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Steve

try this thread:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=127435

I would be interested to know if the script is working well, and if it can handle reporting and changing the humidity settings of the Venstar as well (1900 model??). I just haven't had time to scroll through it all.

Comment

I tried that script and could not change the temp though Homeseer. I am using the latest version. Has anyone got it working with 2.4.0.3?

Comment

guys, most thermostats supported by hs have their own custom plugin. I don't think i will be able to include this device is this plugin
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          guys, most thermostats supported by hs have their own custom plugin. I don't think i will be able to include this device is this plugin
          Bob, the developer of the ISY plugin says his plug in has "Full support for the HomeSeer thermostat API for any configured Insteon thermostats".

http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

I am guessing it may be just understanding how to send and receive data to the insteon thermostat and then using the API appropriately. Is it as easy as incorporating John's Insteon Thermostat Adapters script code into the plug in and then utilizing the thermostat API for control and display?

Of course I would have a much more compelling argument here if I was actually a developer and knew what I was talking about. :-)

Comment

Working...
          X