No announcement yet.

***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a feature request more than anything, and I am guessing it would involve some major changes (so may not be feasible) but it would be great if there was a board type that was in-between the "Normal" board type, and the "API" Board type but supported Ethernet and so on.

It would be great if this board type was dynamic, in that the sketch is created automatically based on what is included in the board setup on the plugin page. For example say I set a board type with Outputs, and 1-wire inputs then in the sketch it would do the includes and everything for the 1-wire and outputs but leave out all of the other stuff. If there are only inputs it might not do any includes except just what it needs (e.g. Inputs and Ethernet).

Doing it this way would allow other board types to be used, and in doing so might also allow more devices to be connected. In my case given the cheap nature of some Chinese clones I would personally prefer to be able to have multiple Boards with Ethernet which take up less space over that of one higher powered / bigger spaced board with ethernet.

Anyway it may not be feasible, but just a thought .

Cheers!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Not having any knowledge of Arduino I have a couple of questions. I apologize in advance if these questions show the limits of my understanding of the boards design. I am wanting to automate a heating system with a total of 9 zones. I need 9 inputs, preferably asserted low when active and 11 outputs, again asserted low when active. I was thinking about this plug in and an arduino Mega 2560r2 with an Ethernet shield. It is also critical that none of the outputs are asserted low until instructed by Homeseer - in other words I need the device to "boot" with all outputs off (high). Is this possible with the arduino?

I read that the arduino inputs are already held high and can be active low, but I am unclear about the outputs.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

In the user's manual it is stated:

"Next copy the Onewire, Servo, DallasTemperature and LiquidCrystal files in to the libraries folder of the arduino software. These can be found in your Homeseer Config/Arduino/ folder. If the software is open then restart it to install the libraries."

Could I get some clarification? The Arduino software has folders for all of these devices and there is nothing in HS3/config/Arduino Config/. Am I supposed to copy the .h files from the respective folders to Homeseer, copy the entire folders or should special files be in the Homseer Arduino Config folder?

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          In the user's manual it is stated:

"Next copy the Onewire, Servo, DallasTemperature and LiquidCrystal files in to the libraries folder of the arduino software. These can be found in your Homeseer Config/Arduino/ folder. If the software is open then restart it to install the libraries."

Could I get some clarification? The Arduino software has folders for all of these devices and there is nothing in HS3/config/Arduino Config/. Am I supposed to copy the .h files from the respective folders to Homeseer, copy the entire folders or should special files be in the Homseer Arduino Config folder?

HI,

What version of the plugin have you loaded as the Quote about "These can be found in your Homeseer Config/Arduino" is from an old manual and plugin. the new one has "Next copy the libraries to the libraries folder of the arduino software. These can be downloaded by
          clicking on the link on the plugin config page. If the Arduino environment software is open then restart it
          to install the libraries."

As this states the Libraries are downloaded from the plugin page then unziped and placed in to the Libraries in the Arduino software folder.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            HI,

What version of the plugin have you loaded as the Quote about "These can be found in your Homeseer Config/Arduino" is from an old manual and plugin. the new one has "Next copy the libraries to the libraries folder of the arduino software. These can be downloaded by
            clicking on the link on the plugin config page. If the Arduino environment software is open then restart it
            to install the libraries."

As this states the Libraries are downloaded from the plugin page then unziped and placed in to the Libraries in the Arduino software folder.

Greig.
            Got it. The manual I was referring to was on the first post of this thread. I should have realized that it might be old since there have been several updates since then. I don't see a new manual that describes what you wrote above. Could you point me to the new one? The help file downloaded with the plug in doesn't seem to have it.

Is there any update to the procedure to make Ethernet active on the board - I am new to Arduino. Also do you know the answers to my other post above regarding the default output pin status?

Comment

Got it. The manual I was referring to was on the first post of this thread. I should have realized that it might be old since there have been several updates since then.

Is there any update to the procedure to make Ethernet active on the board - I am new to Arduino. Also do you know the answers to my other post above regarding the default output pin status?
              OK I guess you are referring to HS3?

Yes the plugin now supports Ethernet which again the set up is in the manual if you want to know more.

With the pins when the board connects it updates all the pins to the values that the devices are in homeseer or if you want you can set up the API.ino to default the pins to what you want to.

Greig.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

OK I guess you are referring to HS3?

Yes the plugin now supports Ethernet which again the set up is in the manual if you want to know more.

With the pins when the board connects it updates all the pins to the values that the devices are in homeseer or if you want you can set up the API.ino to default the pins to what you want to.

Greig.
                Yes HS3, I know it supports Ethernet, I only see the manual in the first post of this thread. The help file installed with the plugin does not describe either Ethernet setup or the libraries issue we discussed above. Where do I find the most recent manual that is the replacement for the one linked in the first post?

Also I see this in the log:
                Mar-10 8:03:14 AM Arduino Plugin Warning Running in Trial mode, Trial ends in: 6 Days.

I am very interested in using and purchasing this plugin, but I don't see where to purchase it. What do I do after 6 days?

Comment

Yes, I know it supports Ethernet, I only see the manual in the first post of this thread. The help file installed with the plugin does not describe either Ethernet setup or the libraries issue we discussed above. Where do I find the most recent manual that is the replacement for the one linked in the first post?

Also I see this in the log:
                  Mar-10 8:03:14 AM Arduino Plugin Warning Running in Trial mode, Trial ends in: 6 Days.

I am very interested in using and purchasing this plugin, but I don't see where to purchase it. What do I do after 6 days?
                  I will have a look and see what has happened to the manual as it should be installed with the newest plugin but it looks like it has installed an old one.

for now I have updated the link in the first post. Try it.

I will also update the trial in the new version to last longer untill I get time to look at a few things in the plugin.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

I will have a look and see what has happened to the manual as it should be installed with the newest plugin but it looks like it has installed an old one.

for now I have updated the link in the first post. Try it.

I will also update the trial in the new version to last longer untill I get time to look at a few things in the plugin.

Greig.
                    It is my lack of reading comprehension. You moved the board setup to the bottom of the new help file and I failed to read that far. My apologies.

Comment

It is my lack of reading comprehension. You moved the board setup to the bottom of the new help file and I failed to read that far. My apologies.
                      No Problems as long as you have it now.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Strange Error

Greetings Greig,
                        I saw in some previous posts that you are having some problems finding time to do things on this so please consider my suggestions and problem lower priority as things appear to be working, save for all the messages I get in the log and the frequent disconnects, but I do not have anything critical relying on your plugin (yet).

I've played around with what you have quite a bit since I discovered it shortly after your first public beta version, and have likely been through the arduino code almost as much as yourself. I actually will be posting a modified source .ino for you to take a look at and consider using...personally I'm hoping you take what I send over and ultimately decide to revise your board setup screen to fully customize the .ino you build.

First things first, I played with the ethernet access and found it to be great, but want to go wireless in order to keep an eye on the temps out in my shed (acts as a second workshop currently). I had several different options laying around that I have set up boards with, and have gotten slightly mixed results.
                        board3) using a 900Mhz serial link, running at 115200 but for link reliability the data link I believe is set to 57600, which the firmware handles fine with the low amounts of data sent back and forth.
                        board2) using an arduino bluetooth - this board is in very close proximity, but is located inside of my network video recorder and since I didn't care to have loose wires hanging out....This board by far has been the most reliable one, providing I've logged into the machine so the bluetooth stack can load, it seems to never go down.
                        board1) using a bluefruit ezlink from adafruit - this board is a little further away but pretty stable when it's running.

at some point, one of the boards, I suspect the one using the 900Mhz link but I'm not positive on that, started throwing this error.

Exception in DataReceivedHandler: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Unfortunately the debug log doesn't give much more info on what is happening, but here it is.
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtecjley09...duinoDebug.txt

I've come up with a handful of bugs for you when you get around to it.
                        1) pwm fade time device isn't deleted when the pwm pin is removed (this can end up causing lots of issues i've found....
                        2) lots of spelling mistakes, but since those are really just cosmetic you can put them off a while. the message while deleting a pin is spelled wrong, I can keep a log if you want to handle them sooner rather than later.
                        3) tooltip for the ip address says to enter the input debounce time

I toyed around a bit with the API board type, but after several hours I was still unable to display a decimal in HS, I wanted to set up a board to monitor several temperatures using ds18b20 sensors, and periodically log them to an SD card, along with a timestamp from an RTC I have, but also have it sending the temps to HS so I can check it whenever I happen to be in HS, but also have the history of what the temp does so I can determine what should or shouldn't be stored there. IE if the temp tends to be over 90, batteries shouldn't be stored out there unless they are being charged which should only happen after sundown.

Ultimately it is those particular issues that caused me to start altering the other sketch. All in all, excellent job! hopefully you will find my updated sketch worthy of using, I will get it cleaned up and send you a link via pm asap.

Comment

V1.0.0.18
                          Trial Extended

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Originally posted by RawLiquid View Post
                            Greetings Greig,
                            I saw in some previous posts that you are having some problems finding time to do things on this so please consider my suggestions and problem lower priority as things appear to be working, save for all the messages I get in the log and the frequent disconnects, but I do not have anything critical relying on your plugin (yet).

I've played around with what you have quite a bit since I discovered it shortly after your first public beta version, and have likely been through the arduino code almost as much as yourself. I actually will be posting a modified source .ino for you to take a look at and consider using...personally I'm hoping you take what I send over and ultimately decide to revise your board setup screen to fully customize the .ino you build.

First things first, I played with the ethernet access and found it to be great, but want to go wireless in order to keep an eye on the temps out in my shed (acts as a second workshop currently). I had several different options laying around that I have set up boards with, and have gotten slightly mixed results.
                            board3) using a 900Mhz serial link, running at 115200 but for link reliability the data link I believe is set to 57600, which the firmware handles fine with the low amounts of data sent back and forth.
                            board2) using an arduino bluetooth - this board is in very close proximity, but is located inside of my network video recorder and since I didn't care to have loose wires hanging out....This board by far has been the most reliable one, providing I've logged into the machine so the bluetooth stack can load, it seems to never go down.
                            board1) using a bluefruit ezlink from adafruit - this board is a little further away but pretty stable when it's running.

at some point, one of the boards, I suspect the one using the 900Mhz link but I'm not positive on that, started throwing this error.

Exception in DataReceivedHandler: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Unfortunately the debug log doesn't give much more info on what is happening, but here it is.

1) pwm fade time device isn't deleted when the pwm pin is removed (this can end up causing lots of issues i've found....
                            2) lots of spelling mistakes, but since those are really just cosmetic you can put them off a while. the message while deleting a pin is spelled wrong, I can keep a log if you want to handle them sooner rather than later.

I toyed around a bit with the API board type, but after several hours I was still unable to display a decimal in HS, I wanted to set up a board to monitor several temperatures using ds18b20 sensors, and periodically log them to an SD card, along with a timestamp from an RTC I have, but also have it sending the temps to HS so I can check it whenever I happen to be in HS, but also have the history of what the temp does so I can determine what should or shouldn't be stored there. IE if the temp tends to be over 90, batteries shouldn't be stored out there unless they are being charged which should only happen after sundown.

Ultimately it is those particular issues that caused me to start altering the other sketch. All in all, excellent job! hopefully you will find my updated sketch worthy of using, I will get it cleaned up and send you a link via pm asap.
                            HI RawLiquid,

Thanks for the info. I have been running tests here for the last week and think I may have found a problem last night so am running tests. I will give you a proper reply to all your questions tonight when I am at home and will tell you how my test is going.

Greig.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

I would be very interested in looking at any suggestions and code you have as I am self taught in using arduino and creating Homeseer plugins so there is always room for improvement.

Looking at the log this could be board no2 that was the problem but I have changed some code in the plugin to try and stop this.

I will look in to why this is happening.

Yep you have spotted the Dyslexic. Send through what you find and I will change them.

Opps!

Do you know why you could not get this working as I have other people who have used this with no problems. Can I help you out with it?

I will be waiting to look at the code and see what you have changed with it.

Thanks for your time.

Greig.
                              Last edited by enigmatheatre; March 17, 2014, 03:46 PM.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Forgive me if I have overlooked it, but I can see the updater_override etc but I cant see the actual Arduino file which I assume needs to be put in the ZIPs folder.

Could this be reattached as my trial has expired
                                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X