Logitech Harmony Ultimate (Hub) Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Harmony Ultimate (Hub) Plugin

I'm an HS newbie, and was messing around with writing a plugin for my Logitech Hub. Basically, I spent a ton of time programming events on the hub before I got HS, so I figured why not just re-use that effort to have HS be able to trigger home entertainment activities. I finally made some progress last night and am able to trigger activities on the hub from my .NET code, as well as query current status and get a list of all activities that can be triggered.

My thought is to grab all the activities programmed in the hub and then create them as HS events that when activated would be equivalent to hitting the button for the activity on your Harmony remote.

Anyone have any interest in this? If so, any particular features that you would find useful? I'm slowly making progress on this, and I figured since this is my first attempt at a plugin, I'd solicit some community feedback!

Thanks!

Re: Logitech Harmony Ultimate (Hub) Plugin

I would be. Turning if a/v when home is unoccupied. I guess there is probably already ir blasters that could do this, but if you already have Logitech stuff it could be easy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hi,

Yeah i and i think more people are interested. I also posted a topic already regarding this possible plugin

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165392

Did u already have something which needs testing? In that case please contact me im glad to help.

In addition, what i also would like to accomplish is creating a dummy device in my harmony ultimate. And when i select an button of that dummy device on my ultimate it triggers a event in homeseer. For example turn the light on. But not sure if that is possible. Because the hub needs to push prseed buttons then or maybe can be polled on status?

Regards

Bart
      Regards Bart
      ------------------------------------------
      Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
      HSPRO 3.
      Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I just got a Harmony Smart Control remote and this has the same interface as the Ultimate. I would love to be able to trigger my activities from HS. Let us know if you get a plugin working

Comment

hi bigbrorpi,

Any updates on this? would love to try this

regards

bart
          Regards Bart
          HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

count me in for being interested in this.

Comment

I am interested in this also. It would be great to have HomeSeer automatically turn the TV off when the kids run out of screen time.

Comment

Bigbropi,

2 additional question or remark. Maybe you could keep in mind to have the ability to use more than one harmony hubs.

If we will get this up and running im considering of buying a additional smartcontrol hub for my bedroom. This also enables me to control my aircos possibly.

In addition is it possible to trigger individual ir codes of devices instead of triggering activities?

Thanks for you work, i even would pay for such a plugin...

Regards

Bart
                Regards Bart
                HSPRO 3.

Comment

Hi,
                  I'm on a cliff of switching from Pronto to new remote (days of my old pronto are counted) and I'm looking for some remote which would trigger all my events . I must say this Logitec ultimate and hub sound good. I'm gonna get it and would be interested with plugin for it as well as testing it before I bury my pronto (is nothing worst for a man than experience frustrated woman because not working remote
                  In meanwhile - can users of the remote give some feedback of it(could be on priv) please - I'm pronto user for last 8 years and I hope you understand my concern before switching.

Cheers

Regards,

Marek

Comment

hi,

My experience with the ultimate is great, im even thinking about buying a smarthub edition to extend to my bedroom also. However i dont know if this is possible.( more then one hub)

but be advised, a pronto TSU9600 for example is more flexible and has direct wifi access. In the harmony the wifi access is only available at the hub. the remote itselfs commucates wireless with the hub but not via wifi. and its not as flexible proggrammable as the high end prontos. hgowever the entry level is lower.

regards

bart
                    Regards Bart
                    HSPRO 3.

Comment

The pronto is no longer being made I believe? Didn't Phillips get out of that business?
                      HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Dunno, still alot of prontos available on the web. But the ultimate is a nice alternative, sure if there is a plugin available in the future.

Regards

Bart
                        Regards Bart
                        HSPRO 3.

Comment

Wow - sorry it took me so long to reply - I guess I forgot to subscribe to my own post!!!!

Some developments - I now have working code to query the Ultimate hub for the current activity, to query the hub for a list of all activities, and to run a specific activity (including turning everything off). All have been tested, and the only weird quirk is that if you have any activities that rely on the remote's IR transmitter, it needs to somewhat be pointing at the devices. The way it seems to work is that the hub tells the remote to run the activity (you see the GUI on the remote change as if you had pressed it manually).

My next step is getting this into plugin form. I've been extremely busy, and hopefully this last piece won't be too hard - I just need to find some time to do it. I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

big,

This sounds great!! looking forward to it.

In addition i have 3 questions.

1. is it possible t setup the plugin to monitor/control more then 1 hub?
                            2. Is it possible to send IR commands from the plugin(which are already available and configured in teh hub off course) So not only trigger activities but also just commands
                            3. Can you also detect a command (not a activity) that have been send by use of the remote.

This last question enables us to setup a dummy device in the harmony, and on a action from the remote on that device, switches the light on or off.

regards

Bart
                            Regards Bart
                            HSPRO 3.

Comment

Bigbropi,

Any news regarding the plugin :P?

This week my aircos will be installed an looking for a possibility to interface them. Preferable i will use harmony Hubs if possible.

regards

Bart
                              Regards Bart
                              HSPRO 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X