Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Just thought I'd throw my name in the hat here. I'd love this functionality.

I did some research on the hacking community's progress with pyharmony, and this project seems to be the most mature solution that could work with HS3: http://sourceforge.net/projects/harm...control/files/

If any help is needed on this, please let me know.

Keep it up!

Comment

I'm busy with the plug-in. I hope I can show some screen shots next week....
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien,

Great news, looking forward to it. As already stated wouldnlove to assist in betatesting.

Reagrds

Bart
          Regards Bart
          ------------------------------------------
          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
          HSPRO 3.
          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Hi Guys,

Bad weather today here, so I'm making progress with the Plug-in :-)

The first idea is to create HS devices for every activity with a button to run this activity. This way it is possible to use it in events, HStouch etc...
            I also can set the status to the activity(device) who is currently active

It is also possible to create a HS device for every Harmony Hub device, but I don't see any use for this.

Please let me know which use cases you can think of and I try to make this possible.

Thanks,
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
              Hi Guys,

Bad weather today here, so I'm making progress with the Plug-in :-)

The first idea is to create HS devices for every activity with a button to run this activity. This way it is possible to use it in events, HStouch etc...
              I also can set the status to the activity(device) who is currently active

It is also possible to create a HS device for every Harmony Hub device, but I don't see any use for this.

Please let me know which use cases you can think of and I try to make this possible.

Thanks,
              If you were to implement both strategies it would allow the user to use homeseer to create activities, or the harmony app. Then the app would just be used to setup devices. I could imagine this appealing to some. Also, if you wanted to use homeseer to conditionally execute different versions of activities (for example related to time of day and light availability), then having direct device control would all you to have simplified activities in the app, and multiple versions of said activity in homeseer.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The plug-in will create HS devices for every activity which was created during the setup of the hub. The plug-in can scan the hub for the configured activities and devices. unless Logitech will make a public api available the only commands that I can perform is:
                - list the configured devices
                - list the configured activities
                - show the current activated activity
                - run a configured activity
                - run a power off of the activated activity

So I cannot create new events or activities unfortunately.

For me this is enough for now, executing an activity from an HS event is really what I need.
                But again, let me know your use cases, within the boundaries I listed above.
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien,
                  That sounds quite promising.

Given that you can list the current activated activity, could you create triggers for when a given activity starts?

A bi-directional connection to HomeSeer would be very nice. For example, when I start a movie (using Harmony), I could dim the lights in the living room using HomeSeer. In the other direction, changing the input (Harmony activity) to watch the security camera when motion is detected by HomeSeer is also very appealing.

Thanks, Gear

Comment

Hi Gear,

Because I have to poll the hub, let's say on an interval of 5 minutes, to check if an activity has been activated I cannot implement such realtime functions. I cannot poll more frequent, because the polling process itself takes 10-15 seconds per function.

Sorry about these limitations, but unless we have a extensive public api I have to deal with what I can do.
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

rien,

I like to also trigger individual device IR commands. That would be great to control for example an airco unit without the use of activities.

SO just send the IR commands would be really nice to have

reagrds
                      Bart
                      Regards Bart
                      HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                        rien,

I like to also trigger individual device IR commands. That would be great to control for example an airco unit without the use of activities.

SO just send the IR commands would be really nice to have

reagrds
                        Bart
                        Bart,

I guess you mean actions in the context of Homeseer events, not triggers ?

And since you're Dutch too, please PM me your email address so we can communicate directly

Thanks
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien,

What I mean is just triggering an homeseer event that sends an infrared command such as volume up, or temperature down. This without the use of the harmony activities. However Im not uite sure of this is possible with the current harmony API.

PM send btw

Bart
                          Regards Bart
                          HSPRO 3.

Comment

If nothing else I want this plugin because it will allow me to get past the limitations of the MyHarmony configuration and setup my activities exactly as I want them.

If you are looking for testers, I am on board and ready. My media room is dying for this.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Sneak preview of the plug-in......
                              Attached Files
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

That looks great man, I am really looking forward to this plugin as I use the harmony remotes pretty extensively and being able to pull the hubs into homeseer lets me tie a large number of different systems together and put them into a single pane using hstouch and some touchscreen devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X