X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This plugin expires tomorrow: hopefully a fix is near

Comment

Originally posted by field888 View Post
      I've not used arduino boards, but the prospects look very interesting. At present, I am looking for a very simple application which would require only 1 input from a 120v relay with a contact connected to a board and subsequently reporting the state of the relay to HS (power monitoring). any suggestions on which board could be used?
      Would this one do what you need: http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/232/rboard-cheap-relay-radio-arduino-board-10/11

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Actually, after looking over some lit, it appears that the Arduino Uno will do the job just fine. Now I have to find out if the plug-in will read the inputs from the Uno.

Comment

Hello,

Any update on this

experis 31-01-2015 12:00:00

Ed

Comment

What happens when the plugin expires is that the plugin goes into 30-days trial mode - after that it stops workingI It will not stop working today.

I will make a new release today anyway. I'm trying to get the communication failure bug into the release.

Best regards,
            Henrik

Comment

Car proximity sensor

Hi guys

I am a full time geek, but I have never dealed with andruino stuff. Kind still in the woods with this tec. Reading the DIY in the first post seam that it not as complicated.

Has anyone have made some kind of a car proximity setup? Something that can notify HS if your vehicle at least is in the drive way and Reliable?
              What parts are needed?
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

hello,

ok thanks for this.

ed

Comment

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
                  Description:
                  How to install:
                  • Copy HSPI_MySensors.exe to the HomeSeer root directory
                  • Copy the Json.NET 6.0 Release 6 dll and xml files for .Net 4.0 to the HomeSeer root directory (https://json.codeplex.com)
                  Hi Henrik,

Would it be possible to have the json.net files in their own subdirectory under the \bin directory in a future update (\bin\mysensors)? There have been conflicts for other plugins and conflicting dll's with files in the root of the HS directory and the solution is putting them in their own directory and then use a .config file to point the plugin to look in the correct spot. As an example, the BLTVGuide uses the same dll's and in the .config file for it, it includes the following:

Code:
                  <?xml version="1.0"?>
                  <configuration>
                    <runtime>
                      <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                        <probing privatePath="bin/BLTVGuide"/>
                      </assemblyBinding>
                    </runtime>
                  Thanks
                  Al

Comment

Just to add to my post above, I've confirmed that having the newtonsoft.json.dll file in the root directory messes up some of my other plugins that use the same dll. They expect a different version, but it seems like by default it loads the ones in the same directory as the plugin and only looks at the .config file if it can't find any referenced dll's in the same directory. If you could squeeze this change in the version that you will be releasing in the next day or two, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
                    Al

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                      Hi guys

I am a full time geek, but I have never dealed with andruino stuff. Kind still in the woods with this tec. Reading the DIY in the first post seam that it not as complicated.

Has anyone have made some kind of a car proximity setup? Something that can notify HS if your vehicle at least is in the drive way and Reliable?
                      What parts are needed?
                      Hi Hector, I would take a look at mysensors.org and perhaps post on the forum there. I've only seen passive RFID devices on the ms web-site, although you might be able to do something with a different type of sensor and when it comes within range, take some action. The typcial mysensor radios are relatively short range as well, but there is a longer range option.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

A new release is now available with improved timeout functionality.

The idea of moving the JSON files into a separate directory is noted and will be implemented in one of the upcoming releases.

Best regards,
                        Henrik

Comment

Thanks Henrik,

As a trial, I created a HSPI_MySensors.exe.config file that looks like:

Code:
                          <?xml version="1.0"?>
                          <configuration>
                            <runtime>
                              <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                                <probing privatePath="bin/MySensors"/>
                              </assemblyBinding>
                            </runtime>
                            <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
                              <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
                            </startup>
                          </configuration>
                          and moved the JSON files into the HS3\bin\MySensors folder. Started the plugin and it's working like this, so it seems like it automatically looks for the .config file.

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

Hi Al,

I've tested your config file and it also works for me on Win 10. It will be part of the next release if it also works on Linux.

Best regards,
                            Henrik

Comment

Hello Henrik,

I have installed the new version.
                              I can confirm that the timeout is working perfect now.

Thanks for the update.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
                                Hi Al,

I've tested your config file and it also works for me on Win 10. It will be part of the next release if it also works on Linux.

Best regards,
                                Henrik
                                Great, thanks! Also, I'm running HS3 .152 on XP SP3 with the latest plugin, so you can add that to the list of platforms that have been successfully tested.

Cheers
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X