Connecting G-Ware to XAP800 - serial to USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting G-Ware to XAP800 - serial to USB

I had no problem installing the G-Ware software and getting the XAP800 connected to the PC via serial USB cable. However when trying to connect the G-Ware software it only gives the option of connecting to COM1, when the serial to USB cable is actually on COM11. Any ideas?

The COM4 is for the Zstick, LPT3 connects to dinosaur printer and the COM1...there is no serial port on the back of the computer so I'm not sure where that is, but either way it's not being used.
    Attached Files

Just a hunch and i am not sure about it but maybe the software is only able to see com 1-8
    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

I messed with AP800 very briefly before i got my XAP800s. The software was so clunky and it was limited to only COM1-4. The G-Ware is much less clunky but may have retained that limitation.

It seems changing your z-stick's com port would be easiest.
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Wow you guys nailed it. Never changed a COM port before, but all the COM ports were used, up to COM8, except for COM2! Switched it to that and now the software has connected with the XAP800. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
        X