Which wall dimmer to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which wall dimmer to use

I have two Linear WD500Z-1 dimmers that have a zero WAF and I can't disagree. They ramp up and down very quickly and due to the BR30 LED bulbs I have I have to dim to about 3% to use as a subtle light when watching a movie.

Shooting for 3% usually forces it off and when you turn it back on you're suddenly over 50%. Of course a slight tap on the down side shuts it off.

Additionally, the HS Touch sliding scale is not easy to set at the extremes.

All that said, I would like to know the preferences of others considering the issues I have. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

You may find a different LED bulb has a different effective range. I suggest the Philips 455824 60 Watt Equivalent Dimmable Warm Glow. They are designed to mimic incandescent lights and provide smooth dimming. But you can find a lot of comparisons online of various dimmable LED bulbs.

The ramp speed of the Homeseer HS-WD100+ is programmable

Rather than use the slider to control the dimmed level. I suggest you create an event which sets the dimmed level you prefer. manually trigger the event whenever you're ready to watch tv
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
    X