Open Source Weather Underground PlugIn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Source Weather Underground PlugIn

I developed Weather plugin for my own use. It fetches weather information from Weather Underground and puts them into configured devices. I needed yesterday actual rainfall, so I wrote my own plugin.

Instructions and downloads can be found in following github page.

https://github.com/dk307/HSPI_WUWeather

I hope someone else finds this useful. Contributions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Deepak

Deepak,

Works great! Exactly what I was looking for. Can an option for active advisory be added? That would be great!
    Attached Files

Comment

Zakrzep,

Glad it worked for you. I will look into adding option for alerts.

Thanks,
      Deepak

Comment

Zakrzep,

I added US Alerts to plugin.

Thanks,
        Deepak

Comment

This looks interesting. Thanks for sharing. Which wunderground plan do you suggest for this?

Comment

I am using free one, you get 500 calls per day(call every 3 minutes). Personal Weather Stations don't update that often, so anything more than that won't offer much. Plugin uses one call to get everything it needs for device updates.

Thanks,
            Deepak

Comment

Deepak,

Thanks for adding the alerts!

Comment

Does it matter about the wunderground plan of Stratus, Cumulus or Anvil?

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/pricing.html

Comment

Originally posted by deepakkhajuria View Post
                  I developed Weather plugin for my own use.

Hi deepak,

thank you for you simple and clean plugin, It's all I need for a weather plugin.
                  Mine is working fine, but the most importen parameter "current temperature" is not being updated. A pity, since this is a crucial one :-)

other fields are updated if the station has these values.
                  I've tried several Belgian stations and stations from San Fansisco.

regards,
                  Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

I don't see same behavior. What stations did you try ? Also are you using SI units or US Units ? I can try those stations on my end. Also do you see any error in logs after turning on Debug Logging.

Thanks,
                    Deepak

Comment

Hi Depak,
                      Just installed this and it looks great.
                      I am a new user and I want to use the data here to create a custom weather forecast via Sonos. I am thinking about pulling the data into one text file and then getting that read out via Sonos. Do you have any pointers on how to do this or suggestions on better ways. Bear in mind I have used events but not scripts so far.

Comment

Hi Frogstar Warrior,

I am not familiar with Sonos, but I believe there must be way to Speak to it.

You can use Replacement variables in Speak statement. Search "Replacement Variables" in https://homeseer.com/support/homeseer/HS3/HS3Help.pdf.

Here is example I used for speak

<p> <s>Turning off HVAC as Windows or Doors are open for long time. </s><s> Open Windows or Doors are <prosody pitch="+1st" rate="-30%" > $$DTA:Inner_Windows_Open_Long_List: </prosody></s></p>

where Inner_Windows_Open_Long_List is address of the device. You can use replacement variables in your long weather announcement.

Thanks,
                        Deepak

Comment

Deepak, hi,

I tested the following stations
                          in Belgium
                          IWERVIK2
                          IVLGZONN2
                          in CA
                          KCASANBR3
                          KCASTOCK6

I normally use SI units. upon your advice I also tested US units. That wasn't working for me as well.

in annex a screenshot of station KCASANBR3. It's normal some statuses are "Unknown" since that particular station does not supply this info.
                          But all should supply the "Current Temperature"

I have debug logging enabled, but I don't see any errors in the log.

Code:
                          Jun-07 10:47:46	 	WU Weather	Debug:APIKey:b94178d7b172efab Refresh Interval:5 Minutes Station:KCASANBR3
                          Jun-07 10:47:46	 	WU Weather	Starting data fetch from WU Weather from station:KCASANBR3
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi TeTTiweTTi,

I am not seeing same behavior as you with same station and key. The devices show up with proper values.

Meanwhile I have added a lot more debug logging to plugin. Can you please update to latest and give me logs again.

Also can you please give me result of following url in web browser.

http://api.wunderground.com/api/b941...:KCASANBR3.xml

Results of this query is used to populate the current devices.

Thanks,
                            Deepak

Comment

hi Deepak,

thank you for your effort.
                              I've downloaded and installed the latest build (.exe and .config) from github, but the homeseer plugin dashboard is still showing version 0.1.48 iso the new 0.1.53.

in annex the xml file you have requested.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X