SonosController Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    Are you referring to the HS3 variant or the HS2? If the prior, this post is in the wrong place and you would be right, I broke that. If HS2, please confirm, which PI version and check the start-up log for errors.

Dirk
    Dirk,

I'm referring to the HS2 variant and i'm running v1.0.0.117, with no errors on start-up or on event triggering. It wouldn't pick up the alarmtrigger and therefor not start a event.

Comment

Originally posted by michaeldecharon View Post
      Dirk,

I'm referring to the HS2 variant and i'm running v1.0.0.117, with no errors on start-up or on event triggering. It wouldn't pick up the alarmtrigger and therefor not start a event.
      The alarm handling broke due to a change Sonos made in their SW. However, the change is not the problem, the problem is in the Microsoft UPNP DLL I use.

On a different forum (a Sonos forum http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.p...074#post230074 ), another developer stumbled into the same issue and on that forum a MSFT employee committed to send this problem internally to the right people. Haven't heard anything ( 2 months ago) and not holding my breath to be brutally honest. If MSFT doesn't fix this, I'm afraid the alarm functions will be toast.

In the HS3 version, I've been working on designing out the UPNP.DLL from MSFT but so far that change has not been incorporated into the HS3 Sonos PI, so also there the alarm function is not working. The HS2 version is EndOfLife (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=165) hence there are no plans to spend the huge amount of effort it would require to port that function.

Dirk

Comment

Stupid question. But when i try installing it says "homeseer is not installed on system." What do i need to do?
        Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
          Stupid question. But when i try installing it says "homeseer is not installed on system." What do i need to do?
          You are posting on the HS2 forum here so I suspect you are trying to install the HS2 version of the PI on a HS3 install, right?

Install the PI from the updater in HS3.

DIrk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            You are posting on the HS2 forum here so I suspect you are trying to install the HS2 version of the PI on a HS3 install, right?

Install the PI from the updater in HS3.

DIrk
            Yeah I had that version installed, just thought there was a different one here
            Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Working...
            X