This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polling of JDS devices

How do I monitor or change how often HS and the plug-in polls my Stargate?
    I have events that are triggered from device state changes and they are going nuts yet I never see the device states change in the web view.

I am running HS 2.1.88

I guess no one knows either.

Funny....

Comment

SG Plug-in Perspectives

HS & SG only see SG Variables automatically.

Comment

Cairndhu1:

Thank you for the reply. I do know that if WinEvm is left open and connected to Stargate it will report all status correctly. Granted, some of the device values (analog, flag, timers/counters etc) are accessed from a WinEvm display button push. However, why can't the plug-in emulate this? Some of the devices, such as those listed above will need to be polled at some interval to simulate the WinEvm push button access and update the HomeSeer interface.

Glen had this working for the most part with his 1.x version of the plug-in.

Secondly, the import function has always been flakey. I have had problems with it from the beginning but was able to work around it with earlier versions. The biggest import problems I experienced was discrete devices, Digital I/O, Flags, and X-10, being imported as analog devices such as counters or timers. This is a MAJOR problem for the HomeSeer/Stargate interface.

Now, I have been following the JDS users list since about 1997 and agree with statements made by Glen. I.E. That the Stargate code is messy spaghetti, poorly documented if at all, and JDS are not fully forthcoming as to how it works or how to interface with it. Those obstacles must be overcome for the plug-in to ever fully function in the context of HomeSeer and made reliable. JDS has their own business concerns, their own upgrade path and additional components they sell to take care of first and foremost before they give anything to HomeSeer. Maybe HomeSeer will need to license the Stargate code from JDS so JDS can get something out of their loss of product sales that would be replaced by HomeSeer.<o></o>

In other words, I think we're screwed.
        Last edited by ; June 6, 2006, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Alternate Approach to Polling JDS

I got fed up with the polling of JDS and took an alternate approach that seems to work for me so far (several months).

In JDS for all of my IO devices, I wrote an ASCIIOUT routine through the JDS plugin and call a subroutine in a HS Script that passes the state on or off (1/0):

EVENT: D1 - Front Door ON
          If
          (DI:FrontDrLock) Goes ON
          Then
          ASCII-Out:'$$sgDigital.txt:sgDigital1(1)' [COM1]
          End

EVENT: D1 - Front Door OFF
          If
          (DI:FrontDrLock) Goes OFF
          Then
          ASCII-Out:'$$sgDigital.txt:sgDigital1(0)' [COM1]
          End

In my script, i have stubs that I can add code if I want.

Works great:

Only problem I have is that it is one way right now. For now, I do not need to trigger the IO just read it.

This method works great since I don't have to rely on the JDS plug in extras, just the basic ASCII out routine.

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X