SonosController Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SonosController Feature Requests

Use this thread to ask for new features.

New Features

So far I received:

• Would like to find a way, to verify that iPod DB and Plug-in MusicDB are still the same when an iPod gets docked, rather then either by default sync or have it done manually. Not holding my breath though
    Last edited by dcorsus; February 27, 2011, 03:07 AM. Reason: Updated after adding some of the features in the last Beta

Comment

The option to select a Sirius station? I'm trying to set a 'night time' event that shuts out all the lights, sets the alarm, sets the sleep timer for Sonos, and starts a Sirius channel.

So, on the same note, the option to set the sleep timer! I realize that can be done with another event, so it's not as important (in my world!) as the option to select a Sirius station.

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite8314 View Post
        The option to select a Sirius station? I'm trying to set a 'night time' event that shuts out all the lights, sets the alarm, sets the sleep timer for Sonos, and starts a Sirius channel.

So, on the same note, the option to set the sleep timer! I realize that can be done with another event, so it's not as important (in my world!) as the option to select a Sirius station.
        Hi Pete,

turn the "Learn Radio Stations" option "on" in the configuration page.
        Then play your Sirius radio station. The Plug-in should learn these stations and store all the info to play them into the Music DB.

After it was learned (just playing it is enough), if you now link an action to a new trigger, it should show up in the action page when you select radiostations.

Since my Sirius (free) subscription ran out, I haven't tried it with Sirius but tested it with Pandora. Let me know if you are having problems with it. Currently on the road until Wednesday ...

Dirk

Comment

set mute off

Deon

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            Hi Pete,

turn the "Learn Radio Stations" option "on" in the configuration page.
            Then play your Sirius radio station. The Plug-in should learn these stations and store all the info to play them into the Music DB.

After it was learned (just playing it is enough), if you now link an action to a new trigger, it should show up in the action page when you select radiostations.
            Awesome thanks, that works perfectly!

Comment

In the SonosController actions, allow an action for ALL zoneplayers. For example, I want to stop all Zoneplayers when the house alarm is armed, but as far asI can tell, I currently have run an action for each ZP.

Comment

In the SonosController actions, allow an action for ALL zoneplayers. For example, I want to stop all Zoneplayers when the house alarm is armed, but as far asI can tell, I currently have run an action for each ZP.
                This you can do by linking a trigger with action "device action" for the UPNP master, where you select Play or Pause all zones. You'll find actions for all zones linked to the UPNP Master, such as play/pause/mute.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by w0012979 View Post
                  Deon
                  I guess the "mute" button associated with each zone player is not cutting it? It is a toggle is that the problem? Need to have a look at whether it can be extended to on/off/toggle which would accomplish the same or is there a reason or preference to have it show up under controller actions rather then device actions?

Dirk

Comment

This you can do by linking a trigger with action "device action" for the UPNP master, where you select Play or Pause all zones. You'll find actions for all zones linked to the UPNP Master, such as play/pause/mute.

Dirk
                    I see Pause all zones listed as a UPNP Action, is this fundamentally the same as stop all zones? I'm thinking mostly from a power-conservation point of view.

Comment

I see Pause all zones listed as a UPNP Action, is this fundamentally the same as stop all zones? I'm thinking mostly from a power-conservation point of view.
                      I think from a Sonos points of view, it makes no difference but it is a question better asked on the Sonos forum. Only difference between pause and stop is that pause can start where it ended, for those services that can be paused (like playing a track). For radiostations or any other streaming service, pause or stop makes no difference ..... I think

Dirk

Comment

I guess the "mute" button associated with each zone player is not cutting it? It is a toggle is that the problem? Need to have a look at whether it can be extended to on/off/toggle which would accomplish the same or is there a reason or preference to have it show up under controller actions rather then device actions?

Dirk

I will explain the reason this way. Maybe there is another way to do it. We have a S5 on the kitchen countertop. For example if the phone rings we sometimes use the mute button on S5 to shut the radio off quickly without getting the remote. And because of this, it is sometimes left on mute. Once it is muted then I only way I know how to un-mute it with the plug-in is to use the all zones mute off action. Right now when I use just the Kitchen S5 for an announcement, I have to use the all zones mute off action. This would affect the other zone players if they were muted.

Deon

Comment

Originally posted by w0012979 View Post
                          I will explain the reason this way. Maybe there is another way to do it. We have a S5 on the kitchen countertop. For example if the phone rings we sometimes use the mute button on S5 to shut the radio off quickly without getting the remote. And because of this, it is sometimes left on mute. Once it is muted then I only way I know how to un-mute it with the plug-in is to use the all zones mute off action. Right now when I use just the Kitchen S5 for an announcement, I have to use the all zones mute off action. This would affect the other zone players if they were muted.

Deon

Hear ye, I'll build it into one of the next beta, shouldn't be that hard. If you can't wait, you can easily write a little script as explained at the end of the help file to pick up a pointer to the musicApi for that zone and call the method to unmute

Cheers,

Dirk

Update Nov 10. setting actions for mute, Loudness, left/right volume, Audiobooks and Podcasts will be part of v1.0.0.39 and higher
                          Last edited by dcorsus; November 11, 2010, 12:53 AM. Reason: will be in the next beta v1.0.0.39 or higher

Comment

Feature Request

For SonosController v2: Queue management. Ability to Select a Song and add it to a queue.

Comment

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
                              For SonosController v2: Queue management. Ability to Select a Song and add it to a queue.
                              Will be in the beta this weekend. Still trying to add all the zone configuration management to the Web setup screens.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                              X