No announcement yet.

This is exciting stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the explanation. I'm surprised the displayed result isn't just copied from the PI numbers.

So I should use the JowiHue > Creativity> Presets if I want to set specific colors. Understood. Can I also specify actual numbers via a HS event and get the desired effect?

Comment

Yes you can. Check the options when you choose the JowiHue action, choosing Set Light. You can choose to set CT or Hue/Sat and bright here, or a preset.

More details on this also in the userguide

Thnks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Another device arrived today, the Xiaomi Aqara Motion sensor. I was able to add it fairly easily. I now have two new devices in HS3, the motion sensor and the light level sensor. I don't know if with the dedicated Xiaomi hub there is more control, battery level, etc. but this is really basic stuff the way it is. But it works, albeit with a slight delay possibly because of the RPi3 with the zigbee board, the PI, etc.

There is a 60 second timeout period for light and motion that doesn't appear to be adjustable.

Waiting for a cube to show up in a few days.

I wonder what makes z-wave soooo expensive compared to zigbee. It seems this PI with a bunch of door sensors is one quarter of the price or even less. Not all the bells and whistles but sometimes you just need basic function.

Comment

Xiaomi sensors do not seem to report the battery level. The developers of deCONZ are still trying to find a way to check the battery level, but maybe these devices do not have it. For example a IKEA motion sensor or Philips sensor have it, but their price is not Xiaomi's

As for the hard coded duration, I still have hope deCONZ will put in changes for it, because I see with Philips motion sensors that the off is enforced every now while there is still movement. This does not happen on the Philips bridges. Still improvements are in the pipeline I hope

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you Wim, for the effort and innovation you have put into this plugin, this is really exciting stuff.

This is probably the most significant step forward in my home automation system since I first got into home automation all those years ago. It gives me access to a range of good quality cheap sensors and LED innovation that will allow me to experiment and automate where previously the cost would have been prohibitive. For the price on one window sensor i can now get seven discrete sensors that do a similar job!

Steve

Comment

@theendisnye - Perfectly said. I now browse aliexpress for new zigbee stuff more than z-wave on any other website.

Why can't z-wave be at this price level? They would sell 1000 times more and get more people under their wing.

Comment

Working...
              X