DLNA Manager Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success (sorta)

Just loaded v1.0.0.7 and now Homeseer sees my Windows Media Player and I've added the DLNA device, but even if the Media Player is ON and in Play mode, the "active" box won't stay checked and clicking on the device Config button doesn't seem to do anything. No control buttons show up - probably because I can't get into the device Config screeen?

Comment

Originally posted by ameridan View Post
      Just loaded v1.0.0.7 and now Homeseer sees my Windows Media Player and I've added the DLNA device, but even if the Media Player is ON and in Play mode, the "active" box won't stay checked and clicking on the device Config button doesn't seem to do anything. No control buttons show up - probably because I can't get into the device Config screeen?
      "active" and "config" buttons are not doing anything yet. Once you add it, it will remain added. Still need to code the active/not active behavior, will have to come up with a remove function (I guess) and the config part. Actually the save button part is not dealing with anything in that table yet, rewrote that part completely late last night and didn't have the time to code up the save part. It will also allow you to pick your own device name, versus the sometime lengthy and arcane names from the device itself.

About to start here writing the above functions, finished already 2 cups of coffee

Dirk

Comment

OK!! Just a FYI - I had removed the device from the status page and started over with the plugin and although the device showed up twice on the DLNA Config page (probably reads from most recent ini file?), after I clicked Add on one of them, the repeat dissappeared, so perhaps you don't need a Remove button. My guess is that once a new ini file was created, the duplicate was gone.

By the way, here is my log for the new device added, as another FYI:
        2/12/2012 12:17:33 PM DLNA Manager Callback received for Zone DAN: Dan's: with device name = uuid:xxxx and Model = 3.0
        2/12/2012 12:17:33 PM DLNA Manager ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = DAN: Dan's:
        2/12/2012 12:17:33 PM DLNA Manager ContentDirectoryCallBack added for device = DAN: Dan's:
        2/12/2012 12:17:33 PM DLNA Manager CreateNewHSDevices created device DAN: Dan's: - Content Service as [2

Comment

OK!! Just a FYI - I had removed the device from the status page and started over with the plugin and although the device showed up twice on the DLNA Config page
          Until I code up the remove function, if you delete devices from the Setup page, you must delete all of them and delete the .ini file else the .ini file is going to get hosed up.

Actually the remove isn't that hard to code, what is going to give me mucho grief is the HST implementation wrt to Music devices.

As you may have ran into yourself, if you delete and recreate any HS devices that were used in HST screens you have created, the screen functions "go numb" in that they don't track the device anymore until you "relink" them.

With Music devices, it is even more complicated. HST tracks them by an Index not its name, so when you remove a device you have now holes in the Indexes and when you restart HS, you have to maintain the indexes else your HST screens will be talking to the wrong devices.

Moreover, the "holes" in the indexes are most likely going to show up in HST designer (when you pull down the list of music devices" as "Unknown".

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.08 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.8:

• Cleaned up most of the "add" functions and you can now change the device name.
            • The config button in the DLNA table and the "active" check box are still not doing anything
            • If you had previous versions installed, follow this sequence. When HS is still running, go to the setup page and delete all HS devices that were created by this plugin. Stop HS. Install this version. Delete the HSPI_DLNA MANAGER.INI file which can be found in the <hsroot>\CONFIG subdirectory. Restart HS and now add the devices you want.
            • Hopefully the last time you have to delete devices and ini files

Comment

Got 1.0.9 installed.
              It found many of my devices.
              Ran into a problem when I rebooted HS.
              Look at 9:10:55. At that point HS was locked up. No response.
              About 4 minutes later it finsihed starting up.
              The entry at 9:14:43 was when it finally continued on.

2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Register callback completed
              2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: DLNA Manager
              2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~InitIO Called
              2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~InitializeUPnPDevices called
              2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ReadIniFile has discovered 2 device types to look for
              2/14/2012 9:10:52 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Set APIInstance called for device - Living Room BDT-210. Index = 3
              2/14/2012 9:10:53 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~RenderingControlCallback added for device = Living Room BDT-210
              2/14/2012 9:10:53 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = Living Room BDT-210
              2/14/2012 9:10:55 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~AvTransportCallback added for device = Living Room BDT-210
              2/14/2012 9:10:55 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = Living Room BDT-210 with Device index 0 and MusicIndex = 3
              2/14/2012 9:10:55 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Set APIInstance called for device - VSX-1021. Index = 2
              2/14/2012 9:14:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~RenderingControlCallback added for device = VSX-1021
              2/14/2012 9:14:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = VSX-1021
              2/14/2012 9:14:44 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~AvTransportCallback added for device = VSX-1021
              2/14/2012 9:14:47 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = VSX-1021 with Device index 1 and MusicIndex = 2
              2/14/2012 9:14:47 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Set APIInstance called for device - Office BDT-110. Index = 1
              2/14/2012 9:14:49 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~RenderingControlCallback added for device = Office BDT-110
              2/14/2012 9:14:49 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = Office BDT-110
              2/14/2012 9:14:50 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~AvTransportCallback added for device = Office BDT-110
              2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = Office BDT-110 with Device index 2 and MusicIndex = 1
              2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = HOMESERVER: HomeServer:
              2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ContentDirectoryCallBack added for device = HOMESERVER: HomeServer:
              2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = HOMESERVER: HomeServer: with Device index 3 and MusicIndex = 0
              2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Initialized
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                Ran into a problem when I rebooted HS.
                Look at 9:10:55. At that point HS was locked up. No response.
                About 4 minutes later it finsihed starting up.
                not quite sure what to think of it. I know there are still problems with the plugin after you restart HS, messing up indexes but this doesn't look like it. The callback that comes back after 4 minutes is the UPNP system taking its merry time, not sure why. Just keep an eye open, report if it always happens or only sometimes. Suggest you wait until next beta to test restarting, I have to get this discovering & adding of device and maintaining correct indexes after a restart fixed

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.10 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.10:

• The ADD and Config functions in the DLNA Table should now work properly
                  • Config pages for Renderers and Servers have been added
                  • You can now set the Queue Play speed if you like to "play" pictures.
                  • If you are playing a playlist, the pause/stop/next/prev buttons will effect the queue behavior
                  • Added functions to play repeatedly and randomly (shuffle) from the playlist
                  • If the DLNA device is not reliable, there is now an option to "poll" the device in case events are missing
                  • You should be able to create HST screens that show title/album/artist/picture/albumart
                  • If you had previous versions installed, follow this sequence. When HS is still running, go to the setup page and delete all HS devices that were created by this plugin. Stop HS. Install this version. Delete the HSPI_DLNA MANAGER.INI file which can be found in the <hsroot>\CONFIG subdirectory. Restart HS and now add the devices you want.
                  • Hopefully the last time you have to delete devices and ini files
                  • Not implemented yet: Triggers, navigating through media content using HS Touch's MediaSelector, removing devices, activating/deactivating devices, saving/editing/deleting playlists, no help files yet

Comment

Nice job Dirk,

Your plugin now finds my Content Server (Windows Media Player) and sets up a config page for the device. Now if I only had a upnp renderer device so I could actually use the plugin...

One small suggestion for your next version is to include a connected.gif into the html folder for the status page.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice job Dirk,

Your plugin now finds my Content Server (Windows Media Player) and sets up a config page for the device. Now if I only had a upnp renderer device so I could actually use the plugin...

One small suggestion for your next version is to include a connected.gif into the html folder for the status page.
                      Hi Dan, thanks for the feedback. By the way, you can use Windows Media Player as Renderer :-)

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.11 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.11:

• added a HS device with activate/deactivate button to turn renderers/servers on or off, so that function was removed from the config file and is now under HS control
                        • added some icons for status information such as deactivate/activated-Offline/Activated-Online
                        • you can now save a playlist but no code yet to name them, that will be next
                        • probably best to start from scratch again (delete hs device, delete ini file)

Comment

New beta v.12 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.12:

• fixed some issues with playing music from the queue
                          • fix some issues with devices that have changed IP address

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                            Do you know if this can be used as an HSTouch picture slide-show? Meaning, can I configure the DLNA content to be my pictures and have HSTouch run a slide-show?
                            Thanks
                            As of beta .v13 you can now use HSTouch as a slide-show.
                            Dirk

Comment

New beta v.13 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.13:

• Added a new "virtual" UPNP Device representing HS Touch. You can now select/create a playlist of pictures and "stream" this to HS Touch clients. In HST designer you would drop an "Image box" on your screen and link the "StatusTrackingNorm" to an Association Type = "music" and select from the drop down list for Music : "HS Touch Device Current Track's Album Cover ArtWork". You can set the speed of how fast you want to change the pictures in the config page for the HS Touch device. Your pictures will now stream to your client.
                              • fix a bunch of other things associated with HS Touch designer.

Comment

Dirk,

By the way, you can use Windows Media Player as Renderer :-)
                                I don't think that applies to version 11. Anyways it was nice to see what a renderer device displays with your virtual touch device although I'm not yet using HSTouch, but I did order a Tenvis JPT3815W pan/tilt netcam ($49) that is supposed to support the latest version of Foscam CGI and it will probably show up as my 1st upnp renderer device since it has audio (although not the best quality probably - but it also has an audio out jack). My Panasonic TV is supposed to be able to display and control netcams on the LAN too, so I'll have fun playing around with the new toy and linking it into Homeseer.

ver 13 installed nicely, but it shows up as 12 - no bigee

QUESTION: Is there a way to tie the audio TTS from Homeseer Speaker into DLNA Manager so that announcements could be also broadcast to renderer devices?

-Dan
                                Last edited by ameridan; March 4, 2012, 10:54 AM. Reason: added question

Comment

Working...
                                X