Xiaomi Water Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiaomi Water Sensor

Now that the Xiaomi Water Sensor is supported by DeCONZ and the Rest API, we just miss Jowihue to add them.

I see that the model is called: lumi.sensor.wleak.aq1
    How to get it added.
    Attached Files

Be careful with a water sensor and battery consumption. I have a Fibaro that started beeping as it should have but I didn't have the event set up properly (I do now).

It activated from the slightest dampness on concrete and beeped for a couple of days until the battery was almost dead. That and it uses a CR123 battery.

If your water sensor has a coin battery it might not work for long. I like the Xiaomi devices but I'm not sure I would trust them in critical situations without doing some side by side tests.

Comment

Lars,

You sound pretty impatient there!
      Two days ago they added it, and as this is a complete new kind of device (water sensor) I do need to do some coding here.

There are few more types of sensors added: Alarm sensors, smoke sensors, fire sensors and water sensors, incuding tamper detection.
      Even for Heiman plugs and Xiaomi plugs there is now power measuement possible,
      So yes, there is a lot comming. Will try to add this in the next beta.

Could you help me by sending a new dump to me Lars?
      Update or create the JowiHue.ini with the following entry:

[Setting]
      DumpEnabled=True

Then, after 15 minutes or so, you will find a dump button in the configuration screen next to the bridges. On the bridge holding the watersensor, please press this dump button. This will read the bridges information as recognised by the plugin and write this info in the log file in the logs directory in a file named JowiBridge-XXXXXXXXXX.log

Send me this file by mail?

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Dump send.

Yes i am very impation, sorry for that.
        i have had these sensor for almost a month now, so was looking forward to getting them in the system.

So are you also saying that the Xiaomi Fire/Smoke sensor is also supported by DeCONZ now?
        Was holding off on buying these, till they got supported.

Comment

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post

So are you also saying that the Xiaomi Fire/Smoke sensor is also supported by DeCONZ now?
          Was holding off on buying these, till they got supported.

I've also read this today on the Github. I think smoke sensor is ok in the brand new deCONZ Beta 2.05.04.

Comment

a little sidestep.
            My two Xiaomi switches have had there status codes changed with the upgrade of DeCONZ.
            They are now all with 10xx numbers. i just changed them in status graphics. But maybe a change in Jowihue is needed for future/other users.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Lars, you saved my life on this !

Great, now this Aqara oush button works perfectly.

And same for the rounded model :

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-light...pp_257679.html

Thank you !

Michel

Comment

i am talking about the two small switches. The round one and the square'ish.
                Model lumi.sensor_switch (Small round)
                Model lumi.sensor_switch.aq2 (sqare'ish)
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michelob View Post
                  Hey Lars, you saved my life on this !

Great, now this Aqara oush button works perfectly.

And same for the rounded model :

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-light...pp_257679.html

Thank you !

Michel
                  You are welcome.
                  One of these is the doorbell at my house and i was wondering why it did not ring when my 5 year old boy was clicking.
                  Found that he double clicked and then my event did not run.

Comment

Haha great, now you can create distinct event just to know it's him who rings te bell

Comment

Originally posted by Michelob View Post
                      Haha great, now you can create distinct event just to know it's him who rings te bell
                      haha. Not sure he is that consistent.

Comment

The Xiaomi switch i use as door bell is working fine when its minus 7 degrees celcius end above 98% humidity.
                        So it have been a stable doorbell.

But its shielded from direct rain, because of the location of my frontdoor. (I dont think it made for the outdoors.)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good, this is precisely my plan. Glad to read it's not a stupid idea (which could be regarding the incredibly low price...).

Comment

Great find on the double presses! I was already wondering why the values did not match anymore on another post on the forum. Can be solved quickly with an update on the xml file.

And I like the creativity, adding the small device as a doorbell :-)

I have to order a bunch fo xiaomi devices myself here too now...

Thanks!

Wim
                            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                              Great find on the double presses! I was already wondering why the values did not match anymore on another post on the forum. Can be solved quickly with an update on the xml file.

And I like the creativity, adding the small device as a doorbell :-)

I have to order a bunch fo xiaomi devices myself here too now...

Thanks!

Wim

As long as the 'doorbell' switch can be mounted so it does not have direct rain contact, i think its okay.

Maybe the lifespan is shorter.

Comment

Working...
                              X