How do you build the database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you build the database

When my player is open if I click the radio stations or another button I get an error in the log saying it cannot find the music.db file. In fact, if I go look under html/sonos it's not there

I think something is not setup and I missed it.

thanks

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
    When my player is open if I click the radio stations or another button I get an error in the log saying it cannot find the music.db file. In fact, if I go look under html/sonos it's not there

I think something is not setup and I missed it.

thanks
    Are we talking about the HS2 variant or HS3. If HS2, consult the help file, if HS3 but you also have HS2, consult the HS2 help file You an always find the (HS2) help file here (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...25&postcount=1).

You either do it manually by clicking on "build music DB" on the UPNP master device or go to the plugin config page, either select the option to do it daily and at which time and from which zone or set it to "immediately", in which case each time the Sonos DB changes, it get synched. The immediate option, unless you hardly change anything to the Sonos DB, I would not recommend, especially if you run this on a slower PC.

Dirk

Comment

Great thanks, got that working and it now shows the music files. However I cannot get it to show anything in play lists or radio stations. I even tried to play a few stations and rebuild the database and still show nothing.

any idea

thanks

Comment

Great thanks, got that working and it now shows the music files. However I cannot get it to show anything in play lists or radio stations. I even tried to play a few stations and rebuild the database and still show nothing.

any idea

thanks
        Do you have the "learn radio stations" option clicked? Only radio stations saved as FAVORITES will show up if you don't have the learn option active
        What kind of playlists are you trying to play, only SONOS playlists are available not Pandora, Spotify .....

Comment

I have the learn radio stations ticked and have marked some stations as favourites. Will give it another few tries today to see what happens.

thanks

Comment

I have the learn radio stations ticked and have marked some stations as favourites. Will give it another few tries today to see what happens.

thanks
            Remember, learn radio stations only adds them AFTER you played them and saved favorites only show up AFTER you refreshed the MusicDB!

If they don't show up, look in the log for errors, if no errors, turn debug flag on and play some radio stations, and post the log.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
            X