More x10 Crazyness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More x10 Crazyness

I have been using HS3 for a few years now with cm15A.

Also have a Leviton HCA02 phase coupler, and a V572A All housecode transceiver.

Has been working rater well (dropped command here and there) about a month ago started getting spurious devices turning on, different ones on different house codes.

Today I tried to address that by installing the latest beta CM15A V3.0.0.11. In debug mode I kept seeing comand ON to unit F3 over and over and over, I removed the coupler and the V572A and it kept going. So in desperation I installed the ahsdk_install. Since then I now get:

~!~Error~!~Could not add CM15A to the plug-in list. Is this a duplicate? Check for two plug-ins with the same plug-in name.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

There is no further info in the log file.

For the wife to not kill me as she cannot turn the xmas decorations on or off from her phone, I need some assistance getting it sorted.

Total I have 210 devices about 60% are now Zwave. the rest are X10, including 8 x10 outlets under the eve around the house for xmas decs.

Any suggestions?/

Current Date/Time: 11/28/2017 5:24:16 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard - Server
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 30 Minutes 44 Seconds
    IP Address: 127.0.0.1
    Number of Devices: 217
    Number of Events: 55
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
    1.1.17325.308: MyQ
    3.0.0.28: Nest
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    2.1.6.0: OpenSprinkler
    3.0.1.162: Z-Wave

Comment

On further close this time inspection I see it is trying to load the new and the old version:

11/28/2017 4:53:32 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: CM15A, version: 3.0.0.11
      11/28/2017 4:53:32 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: CM15A, version: 3.0.0.8
      11/28/2017 4:53:32 PM ~!~Error~!~Could not add CM15A to the plug-in list. Is this a duplicate? Check for two plug-ins with the same plug-in name.

Comment

Try this:
        1) Disable the plugin in HS3.
        2) In the HomeSeer directory find all files named similar to HSPI_CM15A.exe (like HSPI_CM15A - copy.exe) Check the version of each one (rt-click, properties, version) and delete the older one(s).
        3) Try restarting the plugin in HS3.

If this does not resolve the issue then the install of the 2nd copy of the AH_SDK is the likely culprit. Try these steps:
        1) Remove the plugin from HS3 (on Manage Plugins page)
        2) Uninstall all copies of the AH_SDK (using Windows.)
        3) Backup your Windows registry and manually remove all references to AH_Script from the registry.
        4) Delete all HSPI_CM15A files in the HomeSeer directory.
        5) Reinstall the CM15A plugin from within HS3 (this will be an older version and the install should take care of installing AH_Script).
        6) Disable the plugin.
        7) Replace HSPI_CM15A.exe in the HomeSeer directory with the latest beta version.
        8) Restart the plugin.

Let us know what happens.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

That was it, I had renamed the original .exe to .not but it was still able to execute it.. Thanks so much!

Still crazy things turning on and off. Looking for another more solid x10 controller. have seen a few mentioned here, which is now recommended? My server has no Serial port so would need to work with a USB to serial adapter.

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Glad you got the plugin issue resolved!

When something suddenly changes with a stable X10 system it is usually not HomeSeer, the X10 plugin or the hardware interface, but rather that something has changed within your X10 environment. Things like installing a new appliance, TV, computer, UPS, etc. or someone plugs in a new cell phone charger, laptop, etc. I seriously doubt you need a new hardware interface if it has been working properly in the past.

That said there was an issue with the CM15a plugin that allowed erroneous received X10 RF signals to cause issues in HS, and the latest beta attempts to address this issue.

Also be sure that the CM15a memory is cleared using the X10 ActiveHome software. The CM15a can store macros which execute without commands from an external controller (like HomeSeer).

I would take a hard look at your X10 system and be sure that your noise levels are very low, that your phase coupler is working properly and that all 'noisy' electronic/electrical devices are isolated using filters.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
              When something suddenly changes with a stable X10 system it is usually not HomeSeer, the X10 plugin or the hardware interface, but rather that something has changed within your X10 environment...........

Also be sure that the CM15a memory is cleared using the X10 ActiveHome software. The CM15a can store macros which execute without commands from an external controller (like HomeSeer).

I would take a hard look at your X10 system.........
              Can.... is it OK to run macros from the same CM15A as the one used as the interface connected to a hometroller zee S2? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the CM15A connected to the Hometroller had to be cleared and set to not transceive. What is the truth?

I'd love to load a couple macros on my (CM15A) interface.

P.S. The problem described by the OP sounds like dying batteries in an old X10 remote in a drawer somewhere (maybe... even a purse).

Comment

Originally posted by DaveX10 View Post

P.S. The problem described by the OP sounds like dying batteries in an old X10 remote in a drawer somewhere (maybe... even a purse).
                I agree, this has happened to me several times.

Steve Q
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by DaveX10 View Post
                  Can.... is it OK to run macros from the same CM15A as the one used as the interface connected to a hometroller zee S2? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the CM15A connected to the Hometroller had to be cleared and set to not transceive. What is the truth?

I'd love to load a couple macros on my (CM15A) interface.

No, it is not recommended to run macros stored in a CM11a or CM15a when using with HomeSeer (any version) and all macros stored with the X10 Active Home software should be cleared before use with HomeSeer. The HS X10 plugins do not store anything (macros included) in the hardware (to my knowledge they never have) and the HS X10 plugins cannot alter any macros stored in the hardware.

While one could allow ActiveHome macros to continue to run in the hardware after moving to HS, doing so kind of defeats the purpose of using HomeSeer and will only lead to confusion and issues down the road.
                  Last edited by mfisher; February 13, 2018, 10:05 AM.
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

No, it is not recommended to run macros stored in a CM11a or CM15a when using with HomeSeer (any version) and all macros stored with the X10 Active Home software should be cleared before use with HomeSeer.
                    Not recommended... but would it do the Hometroller's little Raspberry Pi Unit any harm?

The HS X10 plugins do not store anything (macros included) in the hardware (to my knowledge they never have) and the HS X10 plugins cannot alter any macros stored in the hardware.
                    With the loss of (the original X10's) servers (and software copies).... and the advancement of Windows OS products... storing macros and timers to the CM15A... is getting less reliable as a means of HA. I have some registered, working AHP software on a couple old XP desktops.... and an 18 year old laptop that ran 24/7 with its attached CM15A for the last decade.

There is a AHP software rescue download-work-around. But it's uses are limited. As no AHP servers exist.

While one could allow ActiveHome macros to continue to run in the hardware after moving to HS, doing so kind of defeats the purpose of using HomeSeer and will only lead to confusion and issues down the road.
                    I agree. HS has many great abilities... including being able to work with Amazon and google voice assistance's. As well as services that require server connectivity.

But the old AHP stuff was very much ahead of it's time. And even in it's present limited state... can still be useful. But who knows... for how much longer.

I really appreciate your knowledgeable replies. I am trying hard to "learn-up" on this HomeSeer stuff. Thank You.

Comment

Agreed, I can't think of a thing in an AHP macro that can't be done right now in HomeSeer. It's just a matter of learning event lingo and rules. The Pi with Homeseer runs 24/7 anyways, may as well take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                        Agreed, I can't think of a thing in an AHP macro that can't be done right now in HomeSeer. It's just a matter of learning event lingo and rules. The Pi with Homeseer runs 24/7 anyways, may as well take advantage of it.
                        I can't disagree with that. And thank you for bringing me to HS. But it doesn't hurt to know the abilities and limitations either. Right now..... I am delving (deep) into the HomeSeer forums... to learn as much as I can.

But it isn't easy to re-imagine a new setup.... while also learning the procedures. I find it temps me to re-create as opposed to re-imagine. Or worse... I sometimes tend to look for different as opposed to better.

I've never believed it was better to be an all-in user of one flavor of Home Automation. And have tried incorporating various devices, brands, and ways of automation. Of course... not every effort has always been successful.

I have successfully... after more than a decade of a running laptop (with an additional cooling fan)..... shut down the laptop. And I am currently only running one CM15A. Although I do have other HUBS.... I think I am finally using less electrical energy to automate my home... than to light it (thanks again).

Comment

LOL, it's like you're weaning off a drug. I'm down to one this and only two of that.

One of the things I like the most about HS is its ability to incorporate so many other protocols. Sometimes that comes at added expense through plug-ins; nevertheless it all work with just one engine driving various wheels.

I have X10, zigbee, z-wave (of course), voice integration with both Alexa and Google. My Honeywell wifi t'stats are managed through HS. I even have an RFXCOM transceiver that I'm slowly incorporating.

Bite off a little at a time, the same way you eat an elephant. Try assembling your favorite event or think of something new. When you hit a stumbling block, post here in the https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1250 events clinic section or email me if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                            LOL, it's like you're weaning off a drug. I'm down to one this and only two of that.
                            Yeah... in a way your right. And add to the addiction that I really know my way around the X10 AHP and macros. But I'll keep reading and [hopefully] learning.

I just read the other day of the newest (now 3) Homeseer skill offered for Alexa. It appears that the newest skill might offer better control.... as far as Alexa triggered events. But I think I'll leave the new skill alone... till it's been used a while longer.

Meanwhile.... I realize even today's latest greatest... will be tomorrows outdated obsolescence. But at least today.... things are working pretty sweet.

Comment

x10 to Alexa

You mentioned in your post that you have Alexa working with the x10 in Homeseer?

I cannot seem to get it working. I have the app and the Homeseer connected but Alexa never "sees" My x10 stuff. I have no problems with any of the other connections just the x10. Wondering if I am missing something obvious? My HS3 is the Pi version. But that should not make a difference.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X