X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wingo View Post
    Hi Bob:

Thank you first for a great script..

You are correct as per the 15 but you have it reversed the first 1-8 is relay the rest is sensor all 15 are showing up but they seem to have been switch at some point in time.....Will forward log later on today...and yes it does show up as sensor...

Relay 4 C A5 3C 4 Sensor
    Relay Hotwater-MasterBedroom C A5 3C 5 Sensor
    Relay 3 C A5 3C 3 Sensor
    Relay 2 C A5 3C 2 Sensor
    Relay 1 C A5 3C 1 Sensor
    Relay Hotwater-Kithchen C A5 3C 6 Sensor
    Relay Sprinkler Pump C A5 3C 8 Sensor
    Relay 7 C A5 3C 7 Sensor

Regards

Robert
    You don't happen to remember if when you first installed the EZIO, if all 15 showed up with on/off buttons do you? Before I added specific support for these devices, they would have been created as a generic device so would explain this part of what you're seeing.

I also see some lines in your log that look suspicious.

3/18/2010 10:35:16 AM ISY Insteon MAIN: HomeSeer/ISY device name differ.
    3/18/2010 10:35:16 AM ISY Insteon MAIN: Changing My Programs to Relay/1

This is implying that the plug-in is confusing each of those devices with a program (or program folder). This may mean that the links between the plug-in's internal device record and the HomeSeer device record are somehow corrupt.

I'll dig into this some more and also switch the input and relay numbers around to get that right. You will have to delete and re-create the HomeSeer EZIO device's after I release a new version with this change.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I believe you maybe right that they all did have buttons at one time. I changed the name from hold:blabla for the relays to relay for programing reasons that is when I saw the problem it was after I deleted them in hs renamed them in isy and then restarted hs that they came back messed up. But I always had 15.

Thank You

Robert

Comment

Hi Bob:

Any word on the fix for the relay problem it would be a big help thank you

Regards

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

I've been trying to reproduce some of the other problems, but I'm not making much progress there. Getting the configuration right for the EZIO should be pretty easy so I'll see if I can get a new release with at least that fix in the next day or so.

Bob

Originally posted by Wingo View Post
          Hi Bob:

Any word on the fix for the relay problem it would be a big help thank you

Regards

Robert
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Updated the attachment to version 1.0.1.5 of the plug-in.

I've been trying to reproduce the issue with the thermostat humidity string showing temperature instead of the humidity and I have not been able to. I'm logging the value and string each minute and it is always correct. I've reviewed all the code and cannot find any code path that would allow the value and the string to get out of sync.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Updated the attached plug-in and installer to 1.0.1.6.

I've also updated my ISY to 2.7.14 and so far everything is running fine.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Updated the plug-in to 1.0.1.17 - See the first post in this thread for details.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

A quick note about version 1.0.1.18 of the plug-in. If you are planing on using the latest ISY firmware, 2.7.15, please make sure you update the plug-in to 1.0.1.18 before you update the ISY firmware. Prior versions of the plug-in will crash if used with the new ISY firmware and the WeatherBug module.
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

ISY 2.7.15 with Plugin 1.0.1.18
                    I reorganized some devices into new folders on the ISY so they would be more naturally grouped in HomeSeer Touch. After moving them, I would hit "Resync with ISY" to update HomeSeer with the new folder names (I did this several times so I could test how it appeared on the touch screen). Then I noticed HomeSeer had duplicate devices for most of the Insteon items (but not all). I hated to reload my backup after making all these changes, so I ended up having to delete all Insteon devices from HomeSeer and restart it. Of course, this meant I had to rewrite all my scripts and HSTouch screens because the HS Device ID (such as ]25 or ^12) were no longer valid.

I resolved the issue, but wanted to mention what happened to see if it could be prevented in the future. I couldn't find any reasoning behind what devices were duplicated & those that weren't, but with 114 items, it was hard to tell which had been moved and which hadn't.

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
                      ISY 2.7.15 with Plugin 1.0.1.18
                      I reorganized some devices into new folders on the ISY so they would be more naturally grouped in HomeSeer Touch. After moving them, I would hit "Resync with ISY" to update HomeSeer with the new folder names (I did this several times so I could test how it appeared on the touch screen). Then I noticed HomeSeer had duplicate devices for most of the Insteon items (but not all). I hated to reload my backup after making all these changes, so I ended up having to delete all Insteon devices from HomeSeer and restart it. Of course, this meant I had to rewrite all my scripts and HSTouch screens because the HS Device ID (such as ]25 or ^12) were no longer valid.
                      This or something like this was reported before and I consider it a serious problem, however, I have not been able to reproduce the issue so I don't know what's causing it.

I tried the same operations. Remove a device from a folder, resync. Add a device to a folder, resync. I tried just resyncing many times. In no case have I had duplicate devices created.

If you (or anyone) notices it creating duplicate devices, try to document what you were doing in detail and see if you can get it to happen after enabling debug logging. I have it entered as bug in the bug database to track any additional data about the cause.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I was doing similar things last night, and I had no problems with duplicates. If it ever happens again, I'll provide you with as much detail as possible. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                          This or something like this was reported before and I consider it a serious problem, however, I have not been able to reproduce the issue so I don't know what's causing it.

I tried the same operations. Remove a device from a folder, resync. Add a device to a folder, resync. I tried just resyncing many times. In no case have I had duplicate devices created.

If you (or anyone) notices it creating duplicate devices, try to document what you were doing in detail and see if you can get it to happen after enabling debug logging. I have it entered as bug in the bug database to track any additional data about the cause.
                          I just set up my isy99i today with the plug in. I have ended up with many duplicates reappearing as I have been working on the isy99 Admin Console.
                          I deleted them all in HS, clicked to resyc and then it looked ok. After working some more, they were back.

I will try and get more detail on what is causing it. I am adding/removing groups and programs while trying to learn the interface. Probably not the normal maintenance you get from an experienced isy99 user.
                          HS2 2.4.0.11
                          ISY Insteon: 1.0.2.0 Release
                          ISY: ISY 99i 1024 IR
                          ISY Firmware: 2.7.15

I did notice that the Code column is different for many of the duplicates. I would assume that is the key field and why its not detected as a duplicate. Where does that code come from? Is it an actual identifier with isy or is it some internal number or hash based on something?

If you have any specific things you want to know, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Char27 View Post
                            I just set up my isy99i today with the plug in. I have ended up with many duplicates reappearing as I have been working on the isy99 Admin Console.
                            I deleted them all in HS, clicked to resyc and then it looked ok. After working some more, they were back.

I will try and get more detail on what is causing it. I am adding/removing groups and programs while trying to learn the interface. Probably not the normal maintenance you get from an experienced isy99 user.
                            HS2 2.4.0.11
                            ISY Insteon: 1.0.2.0 Release
                            ISY: ISY 99i 1024 IR
                            ISY Firmware: 2.7.15

I did notice that the Code column is different for many of the duplicates. I would assume that is the key field and why its not detected as a duplicate. Where does that code come from? Is it an actual identifier with isy or is it some internal number or hash based on something?

If you have any specific things you want to know, let me know.
                            If you can narrow it down to a specific set of steps and make it happen after enabling debug logging, that would help.

I believe the 'code' you are referring to is the unit/house code that HomeSeer uses to identify devices (this is from HomeSeer's roots as an X10 automation program). The plug-in will request a new 'code' from HomeSeer for each new device it creates. The plug-in also adds the ISY device ID to each record and that is actually what is used to link ISY devices to HomeSeer devices.

Every time the plug-in starts (or a re-sync is done), it attempts to create a mapping between the current ISY devices and all HomeSeer devices that the plug-in has created. It should only create new HomeSeer devices if there are ISY devices that don't have a corresponding HomeSeer device.

I can only think of two ways that duplicates could be created.

1) the ISY device ID changes (and thus it looks like a new device). This should never happen, except possibly with scenes.

2) Somehow the HomeSeer device records are no longer associated with the plug-in. I'm not sure how this could happen. HomeSeer is suppose to maintain that information in its database and it's not something the plug-in should be able to change.

I suspect that it's #2 that's happening, but I don't know what triggers it to happen.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                            X