Square Connect IR Blaster Plug-in Docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square Connect IR Blaster Plug-in Docs

I just received my SQB001 on Saturday and have it set up (to a limited degree) pretty quickly. Using the iPhone app they have I have been able to control equipment fairly quickly using the robust built-in libraries of IR controls. So far I have not had to teach it any IR codes, but I'm certain I'll have too for some funtions (built-in learner!)

With Marck's help this morning, I was able to get the product connected to my HS-Pro configuration via the network. I've reviewed the documentation for the IR Configuration panel which let's me set up most any set of signals however it appears that I must 'Learn' each signal. There's no documentation for the Plug-In I can locate at the moment so I hope it has the ability to use the built-in libraries of codes and doesn't require me to re-teach them?

Is there some documentation on the plug-in that perhaps shows how to accomplish this? (or any other funtions beyond the basic IR Config)

Steve
    Last edited by DrAlvin; August 29, 2011, 01:09 PM.

After you install the plugin, enable it from the HomeSeer interfaces page, then restart HomeSeer again. Now click on the Help button on the HomeSeer web page, there you will find a link the SQ plugin help file. Yes, you can assign the built-in commands to HS IR commands. You do this from the config page for the plugin.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      After you install the plugin, enable it from the HomeSeer interfaces page, then restart HomeSeer again. Now click on the Help button on the HomeSeer web page, there you will find a link the SQ plugin help file. Yes, you can assign the built-in commands to HS IR commands. You do this from the config page for the plugin.
      What's the minimum version of HS to use the SQ plugin?
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Thanks Rich, I was looking at the wrong 'help' file. This is great!

Now for more config fun
        -Steve

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
          What's the minimum version of HS to use the SQ plugin?
          Requirements

There are two requirements to using the HomeSeer SQBlaster Plugin:
          • HomeSeer Version 2.5.0.28 or higher must be installed.
          • A Square Connect SQ Blaster Wi-Fi to Infrared controller as a part of your wireless network. Refer to your documentation on more information on how to set up these interfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by DrAlvin View Post
            Requirements

There are two requirements to using the HomeSeer SQBlaster Plugin:
            • HomeSeer Version 2.5.0.28 or higher must be installed.
            • A Square Connect SQ Blaster Wi-Fi to Infrared controller as a part of your wireless network. Refer to your documentation on more information on how to set up these interfaces.
            Thanks! I'm running x.29 and have been eyeing this widget ever since it was announced.
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
              Thanks! I'm running x.29 and have been eyeing this widget ever since it was announced.
              It's pretty sweet

Comment

I have the SQ blaster up and running with the plug-in installed and it seems to be connected, at least no errors in the log.

What I want to do is use the SQ blaster to send IR commands to an LG air conditioner. I have this set up with micasverde Vera, and I know the actual commands that need to be send to the blaster. They are very long strings but they work great. It took quite a bit of configuring with the help of the SQ team who figured out the long strings to control the AC unit.

Since these are not part of the database of commands in the plug-in, how do I configure the plug-in to send the long strings to the blaster? In Micasverde I ended up creating a "device" via an XML file that stored the strings but I have no idea how to do this with homeseer. Would it be an event that I would create? There is no way to have the blaster "learn" the commands because they are too complicated. SQ has an IR scanner that was able to decipher the codes.

Comment

You can try to manually enter the IR code. Shut down HS and manually edit the file SQBlaster.ini which is located in the HS config folder.

Add a line like this in the [IR Codes] section. This line adds an IR code at location 13:

13=P4a87 994c 44a1 a7f3 b057 bf29 e789 725e 4ed8 6de8 f418 dfd9 51b5 a166 dab0 e5cf f8eb a67b aba3 a991 3efe 20b1 af10 36e7 2aa6 9e2d e19f 94b5 3a59 0eab 0536 03b9

Then start HS and test this command from the Infrared Signals page (you will have to add a device at the location # that you assigned the IR command to)

Originally posted by tbever View Post
                  I have the SQ blaster up and running with the plug-in installed and it seems to be connected, at least no errors in the log.

What I want to do is use the SQ blaster to send IR commands to an LG air conditioner. I have this set up with micasverde Vera, and I know the actual commands that need to be send to the blaster. They are very long strings but they work great. It took quite a bit of configuring with the help of the SQ team who figured out the long strings to control the AC unit.

Since these are not part of the database of commands in the plug-in, how do I configure the plug-in to send the long strings to the blaster? In Micasverde I ended up creating a "device" via an XML file that stored the strings but I have no idea how to do this with homeseer. Would it be an event that I would create? There is no way to have the blaster "learn" the commands because they are too complicated. SQ has an IR scanner that was able to decipher the codes.

Comment

Is there a way to add a comment to the lines in the [IR CODES] section so that I can remember what each string does? ie like a ' at the start of the line or similar syntax?

Comment

Yes, we used an INI file format, so we look for specific numbers to find the IR code. If you start a line with a character, it will be ignored. So you could do:

# this is a comment

Is there a way to add a comment to the lines in the [IR CODES] section so that I can remember what each string does? ie like a ' at the start of the line or similar syntax?

Comment

Great plugin!
                        However, I ran across an issue when trying to add IR Signals. I cannot add any built-in signals that contain a comma. I have attached a screenshot of one of the signals. The event log shows that the signal was added but when I go to the "/irsg" page, it is missing from the list. All the other signals without the "," are present. Hope someone can help. thx

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking to control my LG air conditioner also. Would you mind sharing the codes you used or explain how I can find them myself?
                          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                            I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking to control my LG air conditioner also. Would you mind sharing the codes you used or explain how I can find them myself?
                            I'm looking for them too. Anyone got them?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                            HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                            2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                            USB UIRT
                            Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                            WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                            HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                            HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                            2GIG Thermostat
                            BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                            BLUPS
                            UltraLog (SQL2008)
                            Jon00 Plugins
                            Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                            Global Cache IP2IR
                            Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Would you mind sharing codes?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                              HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                              2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                              USB UIRT
                              Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                              WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                              HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                              HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                              2GIG Thermostat
                              BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                              BLUPS
                              UltraLog (SQL2008)
                              Jon00 Plugins
                              Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                              Global Cache IP2IR
                              Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Working...
                              X