Sonos HS3 Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PosterBoy View Post
    Any idea when the port might be ready for testing? No pressure or anything, but I wont make a serious attempt to start running HS until your plugin is ready

Thanks
    Unfortunately, I think it is going to be at least a month or two. The changes I had to code up were quite outspoken not to mention that I had to go redo a bunch of stuff (and still need to) because HS and some of us MusicAPI PI developers were trying to agree on how this should work.

The basic functions of discovering players, controlling them to play/pause etc has been ported a while back. The Sonos PI config screen is done but what is not finished is the Player control screen (where you select music and the state/artwork etc is shown) as I'm struggling with the jsquery components. I think some of it is my lack of understanding and some of it might be missing functions on HS or just bugs. It shouldn't be a surprise that some of the documentation around the SDK is just bare minimum.

The trigger/action/conditions event part has not been coded yet and it is all but clear how the HST interaction is going to play out. The APIs for the latter exist but no idea whether they actually do anything.

Now that HS3 is released to the general population, the website for PI developers has gone completely radio silent so I think it will take a while before the HS folks will turn their focus onto my issues.

Stay tuned

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

It might be interesting to get a beta out with the functionality you have coded so far. That way we could start testing and feeding back on what works or not.

(personally I don't use the Player control screen, so that is less of an issue for me).

Cheers
      Nicolai
      Nicolai L

Comment

thanks a lot for converting the plugin to HS3. I'm really interested.

Comment

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but are you planning to charge to upgrade the plugin to the HS3 version?

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
            Not sure if this has been asked yet, but are you planning to charge to upgrade the plugin to the HS3 version?
            Undecided but given the time spent porting the PI to HS3 (the changes for multi-room music devices is large) combined with what I anticipate being more features, I would say, chances are high I will charge for an upgrade.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

I am perfectly fine with waiting and paying for the HS3 upgrade of your SONOS plugin.

I am sure that when you release it into the wild it will be your normal excellent work.

Thank you for all you do to make my hobby way fun,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                Undecided but given the time spent porting the PI to HS3 (the changes for multi-room music devices is large) combined with what I anticipate being more features, I would say, chances are high I will charge for an upgrade.

Dirk
                I love getting things for free, but considering the effort you put into this and the comprehensive near real-time support you offer I would be surprised if you didn't charge for the upgrade!
                Nicolai L

Comment

Some Sonos v3 teaser screenshots

Work in progress ....
                  Starting to come together ...
                  Note in HS3, the MusicAPI is pretty much gone so each player has a bunch of devices that can be hidden or used to drop into HST screens
                  Enjoy and if you have recommendations, now is the time.
                  A bunch of new triggers and actions were added.
                  The Status screens update now dynamically!!
                  Dirk
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. Can't wait.

But from what I'm seeing on the HS3 threads, it will be a while longer before I transition to HS3.

Comment

WO, very great screenschots!

Comment

Looks great. Is it possible to have a group control directly to a sonos device? This way its very easy to group or ungroup a sonos device from the main webpage.

Any estimate on giving out a beta for the current sonos plugin owners? Would love to have a test run with the new plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                          Looks great. Is it possible to have a group control directly to a sonos device? This way its very easy to group or ungroup a sonos device from the main webpage.

Any estimate on giving out a beta for the current sonos plugin owners? Would love to have a test run with the new plugin
                          Currently working on adding the grouping/ungrouping functions but struggling with the new HS3 jQuery objects.

Everything is pretty much coded and tested, including events, actions, player control. I have however a few open bug reports against HS3 for functions I want to use that don't seem to work.

The only piece missing is the support for scripting and it is all but clear how HSTouch will deal with media content navigation. Together with another PI author (PCP), we've been having a discussion with the HS team on what we would like to see, but the HS team is very busy with other HS3 functions, so not a whole lot of progress has been made.

I'm about to leave for vacation, plan to release most likely in the September timeframe

Dirk

Comment

I'm just catching up. Screenshots look great.

But I have one request if it's not too late. Is there a way to capture the name of the currently playing Sonos playlist/station in a device?

One more thing - is there a fix for the skip to the next song when interrupted for an announcement?
                            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
                              I'm just catching up. Screenshots look great.

But I have one request if it's not too late. Is there a way to capture the name of the currently playing Sonos playlist/station in a device?

One more thing - is there a fix for the skip to the next song when interrupted for an announcement?
                              Mark, the playlist name is not available, Sonos takes your playlist and adds it to its queue, as far as I can tell, the name is gone.

I actually had the radiostation name as a device but I ended up with so many devices, that I decided not to include, else all users are stuck with so many devices for each player.

The skip to next song has nothing to do with the PI, that's how Sonos works. You can pause certain premium channels but you cannot switch to another source and return to where the premium station was interrupted.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks, Dirk. I was hoping there was some new workaround.

But if the name of the current radio station is not available as a device, can I get it via scripting?
                                Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X