Sonos HS3 Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
    Thanks, Dirk. I was hoping there was some new workaround.

But if the name of the current radio station is not available as a device, can I get it via scripting?
    Hi Mark.
    Added radio station name as a device last weekend. Will release first beta soon.
    Dirk

Comment

We're about to go life with our first HS3 Sonoscontroller beta

I already created a new link here (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161855) where the beta will be posted.

I think I have all the requests in, except the grouping/ungrouping as part of the player control is still not working.

Documentation will follow but if you are familiar with the PI and familiar with the new HS3 functions (events etc) it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Although the PI can use the linkgroup table info from the .ini file from your HS2 version, I recommend you start fresh.

Note that this is the first beta and there is a signifcant chance that functions might change enough to invalidate events or configurations you may have created, that's part of being a beta tester !

Would prefer you use this thread to ask for other features but we'll see how it goes. Just make sure you note in any posting that we're talking about the HS2 or HS3 version of the PI. Given that HS3 has better support for dynamic pages, there will be functions that exist in HS3 version that will NEVER be ported to the HS2 version. Moreover, any new functions will be built into the HS3 version only and I have no plans to port all of that over to the HS2 version. The difference in my PI between HS2 and HS3, especially the UI and device handling are so great that it felt I spent more time rewriting it for HS3 than I spent writing it for HS2 (of course not true ).

On a last note, the PI makes use of window functions for UPnP, as such at this point, it won't run under Linux, and I'm somewhat doubtful it will ever support Linux given the complexity of having to write my own UPnP sub-system.

I haven't tried to run the PI on a different PC as opposed to the HS3 PC but I have been testing this extensively as a "remote PI" (but running on same PC) to be confident this will work. The first beta should have the option to set an IP address in the .ini file if you want to run this on different PC but not my highest priority at this point.

Hope to post this weekend, have fun and feel free to ask new things but don't get discouraged, if I politely turn you down

Dirk
      Last edited by dcorsus; September 5, 2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        The only piece missing is the support for scripting and it is all but clear how HSTouch will deal with media content navigation. Together with another PI author (PCP), we've been having a discussion with the HS team on what we would like to see, but the HS team is very busy with other HS3 functions, so not a whole lot of progress has been made.
        Any progress on this? Please include me in future discussions because I need to deal with this for my iTunes and XBMC plugin.

Does your current HS3 plugin implement the Media API as described in the SDK docs?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          Any progress on this? Please include me in future discussions because I need to deal with this for my iTunes and XBMC plugin.

Does your current HS3 plugin implement the Media API as described in the SDK docs?
          There has been complete radio silence, so I have not implemented anything wrt media API. I think it actually is a waste of effort to try to implement a specific API. All I (we) need is a listbox in HST which can be loaded with index/value pairs, which can generate events upon click/doubleclick, select single/multiple items etc. As of HS3, we're supposed to create HS devices for track/album/artist/genre... so all the complexity that existed before with the MUSIC API and events one had to generate to let HST know that something had changed is now gone. The only thing remaining is the "juke box" functions, which in HS2 was hardcoded into HST as to how you navigate from artists to albums to tracks etc and it had a bunch of API calls to subsequently load the listbox with artists/albums/tracks ....

If HST was changed to allow HST to query the PI like it does for triggers (for example), the PI could let HST know what it supports and add things like audiobooks, podcasts, radiostations, videos, pictures to the list of options an HST designer would be presented with and after that, it is just a matter of loading a listbox, click and do something. These a very generic features no need to hardcode anything

Just my 2 cents

Dirk

Comment

Any news on a beta yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              Any news on a beta yet ?

Just posted beta v3.0.0.1 here (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...59&postcount=1)

Have fun, post feedback! I'm jumping on a plane tomorrow early am so responses for the next week might be slow and I might not be able to debug anything

Dirk

Comment

Great plug-in. Going to buy it directly when it gets out.

I am quite new to HomeSeer, so sorry if my questions are stupid.

I have the Sonos control software running on the same PC as HS3PRO. I have your beta plugin installed, version 3.0.0.1.

I have songs added to the playlist in the Sonos software, and those are loaded into the Sonos plugin in HS3PRO (I can see them there). Hitting the "Radiostations" button shows the radio stations I have added.

So over to the problem, hitting the "Playlist" shows me nothing. I have a few playlists from Spotify in the Sonos playlist, but nothing shows in the plugin. Is it because they are from Spotify? Is the Soptify part not supported?

Second problem, starting a song from the plugin works, it starts playing (in my case stops playing the TV sound from the Line input, starts playing the song and my GF starts swearing from the livingroom). So that works kind of good. But then pressing the Line Input does not put me back to the TV sound, the song just keeps playing and I need to go over to the sonos software to change back and stop the swearing.

Any configuration I am missing or something I missunderstood?

/Anders

Comment

Originally posted by Agwan View Post
                  Great plug-in. Going to buy it directly when it gets out.

I have the Sonos control software running on the same PC as HS3PRO. I have your beta plugin installed, version 3.0.0.1.
                  You should really download the latest version (.7) and best to delete all devices and recreate them.

So over to the problem, hitting the "Playlist" shows me nothing. I have a few playlists from Spotify in the Sonos playlist, but nothing shows in the plugin. Is it because they are from Spotify? Is the Soptify part not supported?
                  The only playlists that Sonos puts in its own database (and therefore the only playlists that are "discoverable" by the PI are Sonos made playlists. So if you make playlists at specific (external) music services, so far they are not part of Sonos' DB. The way I get around it, I load the playlist in my queue and then save the queue as a playlist.

Second problem, starting a song from the plugin works, it starts playing (in my case stops playing the TV sound from the Line input, starts playing the song and my GF starts swearing from the livingroom). So that works kind of good. But then pressing the Line Input does not put me back to the TV sound, the song just keeps playing and I need to go over to the sonos software to change back and stop the swearing.

Not sure what the issue is here, maybe first try with latest Beta and let me know you still have it. I'll do some checking later tonight at home as well.

Dirk

Comment

I do run the 3.0.0.7 I noticed right after posting. But since it was my first post(?) the post had to be checked manually by someone, so I could not correct my misstake directly when I saw it. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the answer regarding the first question, Ill try that.

For the second question, does this work for everyone else, is it just me?

Comment

/Anders
                      Tried it here and works for me. Maybe I should have asked what exactly you pressed. I'm assuming you're referring to the "Line Input" button on the player page. When you click "line Input", the navigation box on the left (below the buttons) should show you which player's input to chose from. You have to click on one to command the player to switch from whatever it was doing to sourcing input. Is it that what you did?

If yes, you should provide some screenshots and logs (with debug turned on in the Sonos PI config page).

Dirk

Comment

Thats it, sorry, working. Thanks!

Not getting the playlist working thou. I now have both playlists and individual tracks in my sonos favorites, called "Sonos-favoriter" since I have a Swedish install. That should not be a problem, should it? I also have three playlists in sonos playlists called "Sonos-spellistor" for me. Nothing shows up when I press "Tracks" or "Playlists"-buttons in the player page in HS3. When pressing "Favorites" only radio stations show. Anyone else having this problem or do I just need to google a lot more on the subject for some setup that I am missing or something.

Thanks!
                        /Anders

Comment

Not getting the playlist working thou. I now have both playlists and individual tracks in my sonos favorites, called "Sonos-favoriter" since I have a Swedish install. That should not be a problem, should it? I also have three playlists in sonos playlists called "Sonos-spellistor" for me. Nothing shows up when I press "Tracks" or "Playlists"-buttons in the player page in HS3. When pressing "Favorites" only radio stations show. Anyone else having this problem or do I just need to google a lot more on the subject for some setup that I am missing or something.

Thanks!
                          /Anders
                          How is your music DB settings in the config screen? Do you have it set to immediately update, daily updates, no updates? Although the option exist to immediately update, I would not recommend it unless you very infrequently make changes to your Sonos DB (add tracks, playlists, vote), I would set it to daily and typically somewhere at night. However, if you go to the device page, click on build music database and your DB should get updated.

What is under Sonos favorites should show under favorites, all of it, what is under Sonos Playlists, should show under playlists. What you see when you click on a music service, whether Spotify, Raphsody, LastFm ... and allows you to navigate to a playlist, that is not part of Sonos and won't show up. That info is stored with the Music service provider and the Sonos native controller has an API/extension added to it to navigate that provider. That is not available via UPnP and therefore cannot be controlled by this plug-in.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks!
                            /Anders
                            Thought of one more item, these playlists, do they have specific Swedish characters in them? Make sure you update the Music DB so Sonos and the PI are in sync. If the playlists still don't show, make one with a simple name, ex TEST. Resync the DB, if it shows up but not the others, then there is an issue with the user interface (had that in HS2). In that case I really need you to turn the debug flag on, open the player control page, click on playlist and favorites, open the log file, cut/paste all the SonosController info.

Dirk

Comment

Look at that. Works. Checking the "Immediate Update Flag" in the sonoscontroller config page did not make any noticable change. But setting the "Auto Update Time" to two minutes ahead and wait four made the playlists show up. Thanks!

Comment

Look at that. Works. Checking the "Immediate Update Flag" in the sonoscontroller config page did not make any noticable change. But setting the "Auto Update Time" to two minutes ahead and wait four made the playlists show up. Thanks!
                                The immediate setting springs into action after a change has occurred to the Sonos DB .

The easier way to get an immediate DB, goto the HS3 Device page, look for the Sonos Master device, click on control, that opens a little window with buttons, click on create database

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X