Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link problem & repeating announcement

Hi

I have just updated to sonos .110 version and notice that some announcements keep repeating until manually stopped. Also I notice that zones are not linking together on one of my events . Both of these worked flawlessly before.

Am I correct in saying that these are known issues ?

Cheers

Stevieboy
    Steve

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
    Hi

I have just updated to sonos .110 version and notice that some announcements keep repeating until manually stopped. Also I notice that zones are not linking together on one of my events . Both of these worked flawlessly before.

Cheers

Stevieboy
    The linking problem is hard to tell without a log but I think one has something to do with the other. The repeat has been an elusive problem for a long time and very recently, thanks to another user sending me a log when it happened, I finally figured out what is going on. Check your source player, most likely it was set to a radio station and has still tracks in its queue. If you look at the repeat/shuffle setting, you'll see it is off for the radio station but once you select something to play from the queue, you'll see that Sonos "remembers" the repeat setting. Turn it off and your repeat issue will go away.

I'm currently testing a version that should solve this hopefully forever. I'll post it later today.

If all else fails, turn on the debug flag do your thing and email me the complete (disk!!) log.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
      Hi

Cheers

Stevieboy
      Just posted beta .111 here (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...45&postcount=1)

Let me know that took care of the problem. If not, turn Sonos PI's debug flag on, do your thing, email me your disk log file.

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Link failing as of v.110

Hi Dirk,
        I hope all is well. I'm slso running into the same problems that Steve was of "Link" failing. It started with v.110

The logging was nice enough to color in red, that wasn't me. :-)

Living room was the master with kitchen as the slave.

Thanks for looking into this, I'll email you the log.

--Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Markcp View Post
          Living room was the master with kitchen as the slave.
          Obviously, if the Kitchen is master, you should generate actions towards the master player not the slave player. The PI tries as good as possible to "forward" these but not sure it covers all corner cases.

Dirk

Comment

Sorry I was not being clear. What I meant to say was I was trying to add a link (when I said slave). It was not already done. Somehow going from v105 to v110, I can no longer link.

Comment

Originally posted by Markcp View Post
              Sorry I was not being clear. What I meant to say was I was trying to add a link (when I said slave). It was not already done. Somehow going from v105 to v110, I can no longer link.
              Issue an unlink first on a player that is already linked.

Looking back at the log you sent me, I see a link command of Kitchen to ?? (RINCON_000E585F2C8801400) Then I see you try to have Kitchen (which is now a slave) play its audio input (??) There is something wrong in the logic. You can only tell masters of a linkgroup to do something so if the Kitchen player has the audio input, then you should link zone ??(RINCON_000E585F2C8801400) to kitchen not the other way around.

Dirk

Comment

That seemed to work. In the event I started by issuing an explicit "unlink" to each of the speakers then proceeded. This seems to have done the trick.

Thanks Dirk

Comment

Working...
                X