SONOS and Speaker Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONOS and Speaker Client

I use wafnetcallerid script and have been able to get caller info to announce over sonos no problem. My issue is the setup to get that to work stops my callerid data to be sent to speaker clients. I found this thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...hlight=speaker) stating I would need multiple entries in the script, but I cannot figure out which combination of setups would works.

I basically want hs speaker functions to go to sonos AND to speaker clients from the script.

The script has a basic hs.Speak "You have a call from " command.

I have pc line out into sonos source device.
    I have Proxy Flag, Force Wait Flag, and Speak To File all SET.
    I have linkgroup set to send to speaker device 100.

Like I said it works great on SONOS, but my speaker clients no longer receive data. If I UNCHECK proxy, the speaker clients work, but SONOS does not.

Is there a way to get them both to work?

nevermind. I got it working.

For reference if anyone is using wafnetcallerid and want to send caller id data to sonos and speaker clients, just add this to the default script (I also added a routine to repeat the caller id 3 times):

' Set the number of times you wish CID data to be announced
    i_num_announce = 3
    ' Set number of ms to wait between announcements (1000 ms = 1 second)
    i_wait_secs = 2
    Case (s_phone_list_code >= 1 and s_phone_list_code <= 999)
    ' Family -- announced 24/7
    for i = 1 to i_num_announce
    hs.Speak "You have a call from " & s_phone_list_name
    hs.waitsecs i_wait_secs
    next
    hs.speakex 0,"You have a call from " & s_phone_list_name

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
      I use wafnetcallerid script and have been able to get caller info to announce over sonos no problem. My issue is the setup to get that to work stops my callerid data to be sent to speaker clients. I found this thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...hlight=speaker) stating I would need multiple entries in the script, but I cannot figure out which combination of setups would works.

I basically want hs speaker functions to go to sonos AND to speaker clients from the script.

The script has a basic hs.Speak "You have a call from " command.

I have pc line out into sonos source device.
      I have Proxy Flag, Force Wait Flag, and Speak To File all SET.
      I have linkgroup set to send to speaker device 100.

Like I said it works great on SONOS, but my speaker clients no longer receive data. If I UNCHECK proxy, the speaker clients work, but SONOS does not.

Is there a way to get them both to work?
      If you do have the script and you can rewrite the script, we could modify the script to fix this issue. You would double the hs.speak entry, do it twice, one to let's say deviceID = 100 (that you seem to have intercepted) and a second to deviceid=101, which is not intercepted by the Sonos PI.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
      X