For you with high end Cisco phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For you with high end Cisco phones

Just got notice of this, don't know anything about it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipphonexml/files/Beta/
    Don

That's cool! Migrated to a asterisk/Cisco 7945 environment last year. Phones are very cool, not for the faint of heart though.
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

No kidding. Felt the water and then pulled my toe out.
      Don

Comment

Still not for the faint of heart if you don't have a provisioning server, but check out the Polycom VVX phones. They're way cheaper than Cisco and work with any SIP PBX. Newer Cisco phones only work with CallManager.
        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Unrelated to Cisco / Callmanager.....

This phone is the same Openframe DECT phone that I have been playing with. It was relabeled by Cisco and used a "cloud" managed Cisco Call center. The service / system sold was some $200-300 and a monthly of some $50 per month including internet services.

Here I am playing with an Openframe 2.0 (7) that was also being sold as an Avaya phone center with DECT phones. The direction here is to make it a soft phone for utilizing Asterisk. (it was also being tested by Cisco, AT&T and Verizon in this country). It was sold in the EU by Telio and South America. You don't need to utilize DECT phones with it. I have run soft phones and they work just fine with the built in speaker and microphone in it. It was well ahead of its time.

I have the included DECT phones and they are very mobile phone looking with connectivity to the original Avaya OS which was Linux. The phones do have some remote features to the DECT PBX IP phone stuff on the Openframe.

I do have HSTouch running just fine on this box.

This box also includes a videophone port and does do video streaming. There is a small port on the top of the device for a videophone.

Additionally it has a zigbee energy chip, Gb LAN, Bluetooth, wireless and a GSM SIM chip plus circuits for use of GSM.

Completing this endeavor would provide me with a mini table top tablet running HSTouch and a DECT IP phone. I do have streaming live and recorded video on it running XBMC and it does well with Squeezeplayer. Testing HSTouch with buttons to XBMC and Squeezeplayer. The phone stuff / zigbee would be icing on the cake.

BTW Don; that Openframe you got is one of those units. It was a beta device and Cisco also was selling it as a softphone with DECT phone connectivity. AT&T and Verizon were also selling it. The "call manager" was in the "cloud". It is an Intel Atom based motherboard with an almost mobile phone embedded OS on it. Need to "crack" the DECT phone chip stuff still. I mean it works but I can't get it to work in Ubuntu 12.10 right now. I can talk to the zigbee chip though. The O2 Joggler was a simpler design of the same board. I have one Openframe 7 test unit stripped of the chips (desoldered) and labeled O2. Keeping it for now as a museum piece.

The OS you see in the pictures is based in Linux with flash widgets and connectivity to the cloud. Openframe has "opened" up and provided us with the core OS and development API to utilize on the Joggler Forum. It was very nice of them to do this.

Many of the telco vendors selling the device just shut it off and turned the devices into bricks when the service was no longer available.

The only real different in the two pictured models was the speaker placement. The larger model also includes a CMOS clock battery and a mini PCIE slot which provides a bit more than the smaller model with the same features. I have some 15 of these running XP now with HSTouch on a custom almost embedded XPE and a corebios versus the stock EFI bios. I am also playing with a custom rEFI bios which lets you choose multiple operating systems; IE: Windows, Android, Linux and Openframe core BIOS. Works fine but you have to utilize a keyboard to choose the OS instead of touch.

Last edited by Pete; February 14, 2014, 07:36 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Wow. That is interesting. Can't wait to play with it.

Thanks Pete.
            Don

Comment

Yup lately its been learning to talk to the DECT chip. That said it has a heat sink shield on it and difficult to find out which chip that they used.

For whatever reason I cannot find anything lately on the "net" relating playing with the DECT chip even though I can get it to work and it does talk to the phone pictured above.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X